REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Heroin, intense. Would've thought cocaine.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
001-Chasing-the-Dragon--471x600.jpg
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #53
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Kinda ironic, I heard on the radio he came to Vancouver to talk about homelessness and drug addictions

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #54
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Did we spend a lot of money to determine it was heroin?

Because everyone that gets in trouble in Vancouver does so with heroin.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Shieet....Cory was into some hard drugs.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #56
Banned By Establishment

Do you have to inject heroin? or could he be smoking it or what?

In my mind, its the whole injecting heroin part that makes it hardcore(not that the alternatives are really tame)
Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #57
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

In my mind, its the whole injecting heroin part that makes it hardcore(not that the alternatives are really tame)
you can do either..."free basing"
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
you can do either..."free basing"
Wouldn't it be hard to OD if you were smoking H? Like, you'd have to sit there and smoke a shitload of it? And wouldn't that cost a lot more?

In which case, Glee boy probably stuck himself, which makes him pretty hardcore on the drug scene.

"Tonight, on a very special episode of Glee...."
Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #59
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
damn, tough gig being in the school choir
Old 07-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #60
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
the parents of all these kids that a huge fans of the show have a lot of explaining to do...it was pretty selfish of him, imo.

heart goes out to his friends and family who are left behind, but i dont have sympathy for the deceased.

when you choose to star on a show that caters to children, you should be held to a higher standard.
I have sympathy for the deceased. A human, suffering intensely, died alone in a hotel.

The expectations of society imposes silence on people who struggle, forcing them to struggle with depression, anxiety, addiction, and other afflictions alone; battles one cannot win without support. Cory, as a celebrity, had an even greater degree of silence imposed on him, precisely because he's held to a higher standard. Perhaps, he'd have gotten support earlier, and these events consequently been avoided if it were it not for those expectations and standards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock

It's possible, but very difficult to OD smoking heroin. It's very simple to OD injecting heroin, of course, which makes doing so intentionally (suicide) not uncommon.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #61
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Isn't freebasing with rock-cocaine ie. crack?

Yes, you can smoke heroin. Edit: come to think of it, pretty sure I've heard "freebasing heroin" before..

I've learned a lot about hard drugs watching Intervention. Cringe everytime I see a needle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 07-16-2013 at 06:24 PM.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #62
Banned By Establishment

nm
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #63
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Kinda ironic, I heard on the radio he came to Vancouver to talk about homelessness and drug addictions
He does a lot of volunteer work during his off time to talk and raise awareness about homelessness and drug addictions because he grew up with both of those issues.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #64
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
He did a lot of volunteer work during his off time to talk and raise awareness about homelessness and drug addictions because he had one.
Sorry, fixed that for you.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #65
RTS

Heroin is pretty much the worst drug you can do. Most damaging and most addictive. Poor guy. RIP
RTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Id guess that the heroin was snorted.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #67
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
The posts ITT are giving me cancer
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #68
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I won't say role model, but I would say a good example of what NOT to get into drugs in the first place.

I think the parents should explain away. Sooner or later the kids would have to deal with it.

Quote:
the parents of all these kids that a huge fans of the show have a lot of explaining to do...it was pretty selfish of him, imo.

heart goes out to his friends and family who are left behind, but i dont have sympathy for the deceased.

when you choose to star on a show that caters to children, you should be held to a higher standard.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #69
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I would say Meth and any synthetic drugs are the worst. They literally fry your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
Heroin is pretty much the worst drug you can do. Most damaging and most addictive. Poor guy. RIP
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #70
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:

I do agree with this to some extent. When you have a family and friends that care about you, doing enough heroin to kill you is just reckless and selfish. He was supposed to get married 2 weeks from the day he died, now his girlfriend has to plan his funeral instead of their wedding. I won't go as far as saying I don't have sympathy for him though. Getting off drugs when you have a physiological dependency is difficult to say the lease. The blame doesn't belong with one single person here.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #71
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I wonder if this is what killed him.

Quote:
Spike in heroin overdoses possibly linked to Fentanyl

There is a concerned increase in the number of heroin overdoses in Abbotsford and investigators think it may be linked to a much more potent drug; one that other police forces have also been warning people about.

Police think Fentanyl is being added to other illegal drugs. A couple of months ago Vancouver Police issued a warning about the chemical, but now it seems to be spreading to the Fraser Valley.

“Certainly, the so-called word on the street is that there has been a potent form of heroin out there and I would suggest not just in our community but in other communities as well. And so now it’s part of our concern that that potency might be created by Fentanyl,” says APD Constable Ian MacDonald.

He says there have been seven overdoses in the last few months alone.

It’s not just addicts who need to be worried about Fentanyl but also first responders and anyone else who may come into contact with the drug because it can be absorbed through the skin.

“We were hearing those same stories that people were having adverse reactions and part of our working theory is that Fentanyl might have been on board and might have caused not only the overdose but some of the peculiar reactions that the users were having,” adds MacDonald.

There have been more deaths linked to Fentanyl so far this year than in all of 2012.
Spike in heroin overdoses possibly linked to Fentanyl | News1130
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #72
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
I do agree with this to some extent. When you have a family and friends that care about you, doing enough heroin to kill you is just reckless and selfish. He was supposed to get married 2 weeks from the day he died, now his girlfriend has to plan his funeral instead of their wedding. I won't go as far as saying I don't have sympathy for him though. Getting off drugs when you have a physiological dependency is difficult to say the lease. The blame doesn't belong with one single person here.
Activities like base jumping, free climbing, and slacklining, are reckless and selfish, because they're decisions made by a competent mind. A mind suffering the effects of drug addiction is not competent by way of illness, and I believe the afflicted's fault for said illness is no greater than any more conventional illness. Therefore, I would argue Monteith did no wrong. Searching for a source of fault in a premature death helps people to understand it, but sometimes there simply is none to fairly assign.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #73
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Activities like base jumping, free climbing, and slacklining, are reckless and selfish, because they're decisions made by a competent mind. A mind suffering the effects of drug addiction is not competent by way of illness, and I believe the afflicted's fault for said illness is no greater than any more conventional illness. Therefore, I would argue Monteith did no wrong. Searching for a source of fault in a premature death helps people to understand it, but sometimes there simply is none to fairly assign.

This is an interesting point. I don't think he is free of fault, but obviously doesn't deserve to have it all pinned on him either. It's a complex situation, and we don't know exactly how everything happened, so I'm not going to take a concrete stance on it. I think we can all agree what happened was unfortunate, and that's it.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #74

drugs of course alter the chemistry of your brain, which would no doubt affect one's thinking and logic

you can easily see how one can make faulty decisions easily under these circumstances. one would hope the closest around (being around people you trust is huge) can make sound decisions for him in place

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #75
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
O-glee'd
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote