REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Yoga (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686290-yoga.html)

Razor Ramon HG 07-15-2013 03:13 AM

Yoga

Who here does yoga at home?

I'm interested in trying it out, so I'm looking up videos and what not for a good beginner's routine.

SkinnyPupp 07-15-2013 04:24 AM

I'd be interested too some time. I hear rave reviews for YRG (Diamond Dallas Page). Supposed to be really good for beginners. Never tried it myself though so i dunno

Wykydtron 07-15-2013 06:03 PM

See if you can torrent the p90x yoga workout. I really enjoyed it.

Mr.HappySilp 07-15-2013 10:16 PM

Not sure if this helps but I suggest going to a studio for the first few times. There are lot's of promos for new students for each studio.

I suggest Yyoga for beginners. I think their Hot yoga is pretty decent for beginners. Is not that hot, is a good work out and the instructor will point out what you did wrong and correct you which helps in the long run.

You can also try Bikram Yoga but it is very very hot. My suggestion is do the morning class (don't eat anything or just eat lightly). It is very hot so if you eat something you may end up puking or getting sick.

For myself I like Bikram yoga because it feels like a work out after. Yes you will sweat and yes you will feel like you are about to die but it feels awesome afterwards.

Wongtouski 07-15-2013 10:51 PM

Yoga is great if you have a desk job where you sit all day...and you want to go work out afterwards. I started a few months ago, I go hot yoga once a week just to give my muscles a break...it's great.

I have incorporated some basic Yoga stretches before my runs and it definitely makes everything better.

instantneedles 07-15-2013 10:55 PM

+1 to going to a studio to try out yoga. The best way to pick up things is from observing and experiencing things in person

To my understanding, most yoga studios are pretty accommodating to beginners and even then, most should have a beginner's class

hotshot1 07-19-2013 06:57 PM

I've been doing Kundalini yoga through YouTube every day for a few weeks now and I feel awesome.

I would say I'm slightly above average fitness wise. I'm pretty lean and also flexible enough to bend over and put my palms on the floor with my knees straight. I found p90x yoga to be really tough; it's not for beginners at all. The first 30 minutes were just killer and I also found it to be really boring.

will068 07-21-2013 09:47 PM

I've incorporated the Yoga Routine form P90X. Since my knee is bummed at the moment, the Yoga helps me maintain being in shape somewhat without hurting my bum knee. Definitely agree with the DDP post above.

unit 07-22-2013 03:58 PM

try some of these from the psychetruth youtube channel:
Yoga Videos - Empower Your Life!

Ilagon 07-24-2013 09:35 AM

I was doing P90X2 Yoga for a bit. I find the pace of the P90 yoga routines are too quick, hence why they're harder. He doesn't really ease you into it but you do feel the burn. Currently, I've taken some of the routine and made my own and including new moves I've learned from YouTube. My flexibility is definitely a lot better than it was before.
Posted via RS Mobile

etodac 09-05-2014 07:01 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for yoga equipment, like clothes and mats? I know there's lululemon, but any suggestions are where to get stuff (cheap)?

bbcbrbe 09-06-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etodac (Post 8525576)
Does anyone have recommendations for yoga equipment, like clothes and mats? I know there's lululemon, but any suggestions are where to get stuff (cheap)?

my friends told me winners have cheap mats and stuff

mk1freak 09-06-2014 10:14 AM

Buy runner's shorts got a pair of Nike ones at winners for 20 bucks iirc

Mr.HappySilp 09-06-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etodac (Post 8525576)

For Yoga mat just grab something cheap from winners, london drugs, Superstore. After awhile then you get can better mats. As for clothing If you are a guy just use underarmor shirt or don't wear any shirts if you are doing hot yoga or Bkiram yoga. As for pants I just use regular sport shorts I got from Champs but you can use any and is fine.