REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Yoga

Who here does yoga at home?

I'm interested in trying it out, so I'm looking up videos and what not for a good beginner's routine.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I'd be interested too some time. I hear rave reviews for YRG (Diamond Dallas Page). Supposed to be really good for beginners. Never tried it myself though so i dunno
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

See if you can torrent the p90x yoga workout. I really enjoyed it.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I suggest going to a studio for the first few times. There are lot's of promos for new students for each studio.

I suggest Yyoga for beginners. I think their Hot yoga is pretty decent for beginners. Is not that hot, is a good work out and the instructor will point out what you did wrong and correct you which helps in the long run.

You can also try Bikram Yoga but it is very very hot. My suggestion is do the morning class (don't eat anything or just eat lightly). It is very hot so if you eat something you may end up puking or getting sick.

For myself I like Bikram yoga because it feels like a work out after. Yes you will sweat and yes you will feel like you are about to die but it feels awesome afterwards.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Yoga is great if you have a desk job where you sit all day...and you want to go work out afterwards. I started a few months ago, I go hot yoga once a week just to give my muscles a break...it's great.

I have incorporated some basic Yoga stretches before my runs and it definitely makes everything better.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
+1 to going to a studio to try out yoga. The best way to pick up things is from observing and experiencing things in person

To my understanding, most yoga studios are pretty accommodating to beginners and even then, most should have a beginner's class

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
I don't get it

I've been doing Kundalini yoga through YouTube every day for a few weeks now and I feel awesome.

I would say I'm slightly above average fitness wise. I'm pretty lean and also flexible enough to bend over and put my palms on the floor with my knees straight. I found p90x yoga to be really tough; it's not for beginners at all. The first 30 minutes were just killer and I also found it to be really boring.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I've incorporated the Yoga Routine form P90X. Since my knee is bummed at the moment, the Yoga helps me maintain being in shape somewhat without hurting my bum knee. Definitely agree with the DDP post above.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
try some of these from the psychetruth youtube channel:
Yoga Videos - Empower Your Life!
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I was doing P90X2 Yoga for a bit. I find the pace of the P90 yoga routines are too quick, hence why they're harder. He doesn't really ease you into it but you do feel the burn. Currently, I've taken some of the routine and made my own and including new moves I've learned from YouTube. My flexibility is definitely a lot better than it was before.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

Does anyone have recommendations for yoga equipment, like clothes and mats? I know there's lululemon, but any suggestions are where to get stuff (cheap)?
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etodac View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for yoga equipment, like clothes and mats? I know there's lululemon, but any suggestions are where to get stuff (cheap)?
my friends told me winners have cheap mats and stuff
bbcbrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Buy runner's shorts got a pair of Nike ones at winners for 20 bucks iirc
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etodac View Post
For Yoga mat just grab something cheap from winners, london drugs, Superstore. After awhile then you get can better mats. As for clothing If you are a guy just use underarmor shirt or don't wear any shirts if you are doing hot yoga or Bkiram yoga. As for pants I just use regular sport shorts I got from Champs but you can use any and is fine.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote