REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Purchasing a new sub

I'm upgrading from alpine type r's... they've finally pissed me off.

I'm looking at a DC LVL3 subwoofer here are the specs

DC Audio - Level 3

I'm getting a good price I think $279 taxes in

edit: Sorry wife was calling and didnt have a chance to finish, and now I forget what my question was. Uhh... can anyone beat the price? lol
Advertisement
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.

Last edited by girlcrazy_420; 07-22-2013 at 09:52 PM.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
There are no local DC reps so warranty could be a problem. I have also heard some horror stories of quality control and warranty problems with DC. Otherwise we would be a dealer.

There are other brands that are just as good or better.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Depending on the power you have available I would talk to Mike and look into 2510's or 3510's, I would stay away from DC audio they make shitty subs. Other brands to consider are Sound Solutions Audio, Incriminator, Fi, Sundown, B2 audio.
gramser57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramser57 View Post
Depending on the power you have available I would talk to Mike and look into 2510's or 3510's, I would stay away from DC audio they make shitty subs. Other brands to consider are Sound Solutions Audio, Incriminator, Fi, Sundown, B2 audio.
We have a dealer in Kelowna, and he has yet to have anything warrantied. I was also concidering sundown audio but they are the same as DC... the amps are anyways. Same internals, same externals... just different pricing.

I'v got 450 to drop on a monoblock... not a huge budget but i need enough power to run a decent size woofer. I've got a xpower m110 and its underpowered... any reps on here? PM me some prices if you could
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #5

Got impatient and bit the bullet. Purchased a 12" Level 3 with the level 4 upgrade kit, soldered lead connection upgrade and a green DC dust cap Also ordered a 2k DC amp with no upgrades. Hope I like it...
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #6

Congrats on the purchase, if you don't mind me asking how much was the DC 2k?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramser57 View Post
Congrats on the purchase, if you don't mind me asking how much was the DC 2k?
I gave the dealer $750 for sub and amp. I believe the amp was $475. Supposed to be "some crazy deal" but since DC dosnt share their pricing I cant compare. He did manage to get Rusty and SMD to both sign the sub
Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #8

$475 is a good deal considering I was getting quotes from a west coast rep for $550 on the dc 2k. Just remember to stay within the recommended box size for the level 3s or else PSi car audio makes killer recones.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #9

Well, im having issues with my local rep but my shit has finally been shipped from DC Nevada. The setup is going to be a level3 with dual 2k amplifiers strapped together. I havnt done the math yet to figure out the power, but I'm sure its overkill. The woofer is 900rms which seems on the low side but for quick burps at competition i figure she will be fine. I also just purchased a exile xi800.4 and i've come into the conclusion that 3 amps is probably going to destroy my 0guage wiring. So, back to the drawing board and I'm going to have to order another spool and tear my interior apart again. For the box, my builder is building it with 3 removable ports. 2 for casual use and 1 he calls a "one note wonder"?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Just run a couple extra agm batteries and you won't have a problem with power.
Posted via RS Mobile
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #11

Box is build 4.5cu/ft with 3inch slot port tuned to 33hz for a single 12... haha 45degreed all of the inside corners, rounded the inside of the port. Should be a good spl/every-day box.