REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #651
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Just went to 24/7 , line up going south was by duty free (peace arch) and on the way back prob 15-20 min wait. Used nexus so was thru both ways in less than couple of minutes. And has on D street was at 1.16 regular
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #652
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
made it over the bump on the canadian side no problem
the road on the hill leading up to the border sucks though
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #653
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Just got back for the weekend. All I can say is thank the Lord for NEXUS.

Border wait at Pac Hwy on Friday at 9am was ~3hr. Line-up just started south of 16th Ave (!!), so I had to make a detour to get around to 4th Ave to get to the NEXUS lane (which was empty) or else stay and wait for about 2 hours to far enough for it. Having done the detour once, now I know where to go if the wait is that long.

I'm not sure if people knew that most retail was closed on the way down today (Easter Sunday). It was so weird seeing that since it's not the case up here in Canada. That said, the outlets were open but were absolutely packed.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #654
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
^ Should have drove 4 extra hours to Portland outlet
Posted via RS Mobile
kkthind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #655
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkthind View Post
^ Should have drove 4 extra hours to Portland outlet
Posted via RS Mobile
Just came back from Portland today. Woodburn was pretty crazy on Saturday as well. Lots of BC folks down there. Strangely, NEXUS on my way home (around 7pm) was really quiet.

BTW, did anyone ever figure out how to get to the duty free at the truck crossing when using the NEXUS lanes?
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #656
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
last time i went to portland, i was there for like 45 minutes since i was just passing through there heading back home. It was completely dead then since it was almost closing time. managed to but $100 worth of stuff which was nice. I should make another trip there some time within the next two weeks
Old 04-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #657

Didn't want to do the drive down to Portland. I've gone three times in the last 4 years, so this short trip was just a nice jaunt to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
BTW, did anyone ever figure out how to get to the duty free at the truck crossing when using the NEXUS lanes?
You can't. If you're at duty free wanted to get back into the nexus lanes, there's a small gap in the cones where it all kinks right. But that requires you to get past 2-3 lanes, AND the nexus lane. Pretty much impossible. Might as well take a spot in the normal lanes.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #658
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post

You can't. If you're at duty free wanted to get back into the nexus lanes, there's a small gap in the cones where it all kinks right. But that requires you to get past 2-3 lanes, AND the nexus lane. Pretty much impossible. Might as well take a spot in the normal lanes.
Ah, that's a shame. I ended up getting my liquor in Portland anyways because of this. You'd think the Duty Free store would raise a stink about losing all the NEXUS customers because of a lane change.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #659
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Just came back from Portland today. Woodburn was pretty crazy on Saturday as well. Lots of BC folks down there. Strangely, NEXUS on my way home (around 7pm) was really quiet.

My friend uses at the border mail, which is right next to the duty free, he said there is a way to get back into USA from there. I don't remember and it sounded kind of complicated, but it us possible.
Posted via RS Mobile
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
My friend uses at the border mail, which is right next to the duty free, he said there is a way to get back into USA from there. I don't remember and it sounded kind of complicated, but it us possible.
Posted via RS Mobile
Any idea which service and location your friend uses? I was just at Pacific Highway Crossing, and once you pass the 2 duty free stores you're pretty much stuck into crossing into Canada. Unless it's some bypass back into the States (the ones that rejected travellers take), I'm having a hard time figuring out where exactly one could turn around after shopping at the duty free store.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #661
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Any idea which service and location your friend uses? I was just at Pacific Highway Crossing, and once you pass the 2 duty free stores you're pretty much stuck into crossing into Canada. Unless it's some bypass back into the States (the ones that rejected travellers take), I'm having a hard time figuring out where exactly one could turn around after shopping at the duty free store.
he uses "at the border mail" which is located right before pac can duty free. apparently there is an alley right after the duty free you turn right into and that leads you back to D street through some roundabout way.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 03:01 AM   #662
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Can anyone recommend a place where I can get my passport photo taken in Richmond?

Thanks
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Can anyone recommend a place where I can get my passport photo taken in Richmond?

Thanks
If you have a Costco card, then Costco. Otherwise places like London Drugs, Kerrisdale Camera, Blacks, Broadway Camera, etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post

Thanks
Costco is the cheapest place I've found for passport pics.

Next would be those chinese places inside the malls, I went to the one inside Empire Centre. <$10

Everywhere else such as Sears,Blacks,London Drugs charge a shitload for passport pics.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #665
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Does anyone know if my visiting relative from Hong Kong (HK citizen) is allowed to drive cross the border with a HK license to the U.S (has acquired a visa) using my vehicle? They plan on staying for 2-3 nights around Seattle. Thanks.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #666
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I would buy 3rd party insurance, and have a written consent letter that gives them permission to borrow your car in case uscbp or cbsa questions the ownership of the vehicle.

In the letter, have contact information and address, so the officers can call to confirm that you are borrowing the vehicle to them.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #667
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
Costco is the cheapest place I've found for passport pics.

Next would be those chinese places inside the malls, I went to the one inside Empire Centre. <$10

Everywhere else such as Sears,Blacks,London Drugs charge a shitload for passport pics.
walmart isn't too bad either

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
I would buy 3rd party insurance, and have a written consent letter that gives them permission to borrow your car in case uscbp or cbsa questions the ownership of the vehicle.

In the letter, have contact information and address, so the officers can call to confirm that you are borrowing the vehicle to them.
Thanks. Will do!
Does anyone know anything about the HK license and if there are any 'restrictions' of being able to drive across Canada border with it??
Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss6o4 View Post
Thanks. Will do!
Does anyone know anything about the HK license and if there are any 'restrictions' of being able to drive across Canada border with it??
Remember that when you cross the border, you're under American laws.

WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Moving? Get a Washington State driver license

Quote:
If you’re from another country
If you’ve moved to Washington from a country or Canadian province not mentioned in the steps above, you must complete all the steps to getting your first license.
If you’re visiting Washington State, you may use your out-of-country driver license for up to 1 year.
It looks like your friend is good to go.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #670
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Is the Texaco on D street in Blaine open 24 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #671
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
LOL~ Looks like the Point Roberts crossing is gonna get a LOT busier real soon!

You may be able to smoke legal recreational pot in Point Roberts this summer | News1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Our neighbours in Washington State are set to open up legal pot shops in our backyard as soon as this summer.

BC smokers and tokers won’t have to travel far, with places as close as Point Roberts applying for licences to open up these shops to sell weed for recreational use.

Those licences are set to be handed out in July.

According to BC marijuana activist Dana Larsen, plenty of people here are looking forward to making the cross-border trek.

“A lot of Canadians and a lot of British Columbians are going to head across the border to try legal marijuana, but they better not tell a customs agent,” he tells us.

If you are going across the line, Larsen says you shouldn’t tell border agents you’re going there to smoke pot; while lighting up is legal in Washington State, it’s still a crime federally and could get you banned from the US for life.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #672

Went over on Sunday morning and the white CBP spoke to me fully in Cantonese...
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #673

Quote:
That's always a trip when you see someone you don't expect speaking a totally far-off language. I have a co-worker who speaks Cantonese, Mandarin, English, and Spanish. His wife speaks the same 4 except swap out Spanish for Portuguese.

But when Caucasian people speak orient languages, those are always the craziest to me.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #674
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
maybe the office find its easier to communicate with u in cantonese?
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #675
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalex View Post
maybe the office find its easier to communicate with u in cantonese?

Went down on Monday (victoria day). Tried Pulse Packaging and their service was easy, friendly and cheap. $2.50 flat rate for all items (4 tires costed only 10 usd). I will probably use them again for larger size items since 24/7 does charge almost double.

Got the tires installed at Border Tire LLC, about 10 minute drive away from the border. The shop is not the prettiest but they were really friendly and provided a very professional service. $60 bucks to mount/balance 4 tires.

Last edited by bcedhk; 05-21-2014 at 12:30 PM.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: