REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #101
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
When I was in Nanaimo, I actually considered sending you a message to meet up. You've been around for a while, and I wanted to meet Manic. But it's shit like this that kept me from contacting you for a pint or a coffee. Your utter hatred of white people is evident in about half of your posts, and honestly, it's pretty gross.
He is completely out of touch with reality, living in a bubble. I remember he told me it wasn't possible that I had brown friends in growing up riding BMX bikes with me because he knows all the brown people in Nanaimo and they don't do that
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2019, 09:25 AM   #102
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Brown guys just blind side strangers on Granville leaving them with brain injuries
Old 03-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #103
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Lets face it most westerners are dumb down and easily manipulated for empire building. Think Canada is safe? Same shit, different pile.
I think you meant “dumbed down”. Pot, kettle.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #104
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Manic is brown?

Does that mean Im a racist white supremacist now if I think he's an idiot?
Old 03-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #105
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Manic is brown?

Does that mean Im a racist white supremacist now if I think he's an idiot?
Careful not to trip over your own cleverness
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #106
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Seriously brown people don't punch each other in the nuts. You punch a brown guy in the nuts and a good chance you will get punched back. There are somethings white people do that other minority don't understand and there are a lot of things minorities do that white people don't understand.

Did you seriously bunch your buddies in the nuts when you where in Nanaimo?
For the record I don't know what was said on that podcast but you don't punch them in the nuts you punch them in the arm or shoulder when you catch someone looking below the waste with that gesture.

Now if I asked you the capital of Thailand and you didn't know it I'm going to yell BANGKOK! and punch/slap you in the dick probably dropping you to your knees. You'll only ever get someone once with this game. I couldn't even get my 12 year old with this one, everybody knows this one so chances of surprising anyone are slim.

Edit: Ok I just watched the video you posted, when he describes the game he actually says they punch people in the arm. I don't know where you came up with people punching others in the balls with this game.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 03-22-2019 at 06:55 AM.
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #107
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
^
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #108
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,226 Posts
What the fuck are you guys even arguing about in this thread? Kicking people in the nuts?

Sounds like something from this ancient episode of South Park

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #109

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
This thread is a prime example of what's wrong with the world right now. Everything is so damn polarized.

An asshole live streams a murder of 50 people based on racist ideals, killing people simply because of their race or religious background. An utter and complete tragedy. Yet we have posters in this thread either defending the guy, or arguing whether or not alt-right "memes" and dog whistling even exists in the first place.

Fucking strange.

No, we never played a game called "OK" where we kicked each other in the nuts. Why has this thread diverged into that stupid topic?

Dog whistling has been around for eons, those dog whistles change and alter as does the culture, whether it be the iron cross, swastika, etc.

People nowadays are being more held accountable for their words and actions in the public. This will only further encourage folks with those types of esoteric views to use subterfuge and double meanings in order to espouse their true feelings and values, aka the OK sign, Pepe meme, and so forth.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #110
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
And I’d argue that people are only being held more accountable publically so those doing the holding can further their own political agendas.

It’s a big fucking circle
Old 04-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #111
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was going to create a thread or even discuss the Easter bombing attacks on Christians/Westerners at several churches and upscale hotels in Sri Lanka which killed over 320 people. Well Sri Lanka's defense minister is reporting that the attack was a direct response to the New Zealand mass shooting at 2 mosques. Given the time needed to plan such attacks, this was likely planed before NZ and they just used it as justification.

Sri Lanka bombings were response to Christchurch shooting, says defence minister
Spoiler!

Waking up Easter Sunday morning to all but one media outlet reporting details of the attacks including churches, upscale hotels, Christians, Easter Mass, or Westerners. That one outlet refusing to share those details by noon was none other than the CBC. They were still wondering if the Tamil Tigers had been built up again. Given their recent SJW White-man guilt slant on everything, I couldn't help but wonder why they would be slow to give such details.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #112
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
I was wondering if anyone was going to create a thread or even discuss the Easter bombing attacks on Christians/Westerners at several churches and upscale hotels in Sri Lanka which killed over 320 people. Well Sri Lanka's defense minister is reporting that the attack was a direct response to the New Zealand mass shooting at 2 mosques. Given the time needed to plan such attacks, this was likely planed before NZ and they just used it as justification.

Sri Lanka bombings were response to Christchurch shooting, says defence minister

Waking up Easter Sunday morning to all but one media outlet reporting details of the attacks including churches, upscale hotels, Christians, Easter Mass, or Westerners. That one outlet refusing to share those details by noon was none other than the CBC. They were still wondering if the Tamil Tigers had been built up again. Given their recent SJW White-man guilt slant on everything, I couldn't help but wonder why they would be slow to give such details.

Maybe the Roman catholic church that's worth 30 billion should use some of that money the help these poor people out instead of begging for money to rebuild a church in France.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #113
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post

If this is true, then all I see here is a left-leaning news organization and a right-leaning Revscene poster trying to use a tragedy and make a political point.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:14 PM   #114
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
If this is true, then all I see here is a left-leaning news organization and a right-leaning Revscene poster trying to use a tragedy and make a political point.
Do me a favour and try to picture the DVD logo as it finally reaches the very bottom left corner of the TV. That is about where I have consistently landed on the Political Compass test, in the Libertarian Left quadrant. Describing me as right-leaning is laughable given my politics, my voting history, and my support of the CBC (I'm a member of the CBC fan page on FB meant to keep it funded.) How absurd of me to demand the CBC do its job and report the facts. How absurd to see their politicizing of yet another tragedy as offensive and expect better from them.

Maybe the Roman catholic church that's worth 30 billion should use some of that money the help you deal with opinions you don't like. Or is that also using a tragedy to make a political point? You're right, do continue discussing the tragic events in Sri Lanka and homage to the victims like everyone else. Don't let the crickets distract you.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #115
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
We're just a bunch of stupid monkeys trying our best to rationalize the extremely complex society we've created for ourselves.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #116
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
We're just a bunch of stupid monkeys trying our best to rationalize the extremely complex society we've created for ourselves.

It's really not but I just wanted to jump to a bullshit conclusion, pile on and add no real value to the thread.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #117
linguistic ninja

Quote:

Old 04-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #118
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
We haven't created anything. Religion is the basis for most of the worlds problems, as it has been for thousands of years. The entire religious population is arguing and fighting about something that doesn't even exist. It's purely a belief that what one group believes is better than what someone else believes.
From an Atheist standpoint I can't even wrap my head around people being so brainwashed into thinking a God actually cares about what us humans are doing. Even more than that, anything you do on earth will affect where you "go" when you die.

Berz out.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #119
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Spoiler!
Even more than that, anything you do on earth will affect where you "go" when you die.

Berz out.
I felt the same way for many years. After going to a private school, I turned my back on religion completely for about 20 years.

Fast forward to 2017 and we lose someone close to my family. When you have little kids with tears in their eyes asking you where someone went when they died, you can't just say "Poof, they're gone and in the dirt". It becomes a lot easier to explain to young people who lack the life experience that this person is in heaven looking down, or something like else that softens the blow.

Secondary to that, church itself can offer strength through a sense of family or equality. It gives people the opportunity to surround themselves with a group of like minded individuals.

Now, I'm not religious by any means. But like Jasonturbo said, I am starting to understand how a belief or faith can help you make sense of things. The problem is, like anything, you get these fucktards who come in and use it to further their own agenda, whether it's for business, power, or sex. That's when religion gets ugly.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #120

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I don't know, I'm glad my parents didn't spew me some bullshit to soften the blow while I was a kid. You learn life isn't all Christmas presents and videogames, shit gets real sometimes and the sooner you learn that the better imo.

A family death is a very teachable moment for a child, instead you lie and tell them something you don't even believe yourself.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #121
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Maybe the Roman catholic church that's worth 30 billion should use some of that money the help these poor people out instead of begging for money to rebuild a church in France.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
In a thread that illustrates how almost all humans have underlying hate, you have these examples of where our common empathy has sunk amongst humanity.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:28 PM   #122
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
instead you lie and tell them something you don't even believe yourself.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #123
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I don't know, I'm glad my parents didn't spew me some bullshit to soften the blow while I was a kid. You learn life isn't all Christmas presents and videogames, shit gets real sometimes and the sooner you learn that the better imo.
Damn dude, you must be hard as fuck. I'm talking east van on the bus selling dope at 10 years old hard.

Or maybe you just don't remember because you were a kid and memories tend to become altered as we age. Or maybe you didn't suffer any major losses as a kid so you don't have any semblance of experience. Or maybe you don't have kids of your own, and are so out of touch with this type of reality that all you can offer is a different opinion. Or maybe you are being honest, and your parents couldn't provide you with the love and support that you may have appreciated.

The bottom line is that you come across as angry and bitter here, and that speaks volumes.

Quote:
A family death is a very teachable moment for a child, instead you lie and tell them something you don't even believe yourself.
You're lying to yourself if you think that your belief is the correct belief. Who knows what happens after death? No one.... Anyone who has claimed to have had contact with the dead is labelled a nutjob. So yeah, I softened the blow of the sudden loss of a close family member. I just hope that if you're ever in the same situation that you will do your best to numb the intense pain of that loss.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #124

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Damn dude, you must be hard as fuck. I'm talking east van on the bus selling dope at 10 years old hard.
With comedy like that in your arsenal I'm surprised you had to lie to your kids to lighten the mood.

Quote:
Or maybe you just don't remember because you were a kid and memories tend to become altered as we age. Or maybe you didn't suffer any major losses as a kid so you don't have any semblance of experience. Or maybe you don't have kids of your own, and are so out of touch with this type of reality that all you can offer is a different opinion. Or maybe you are being honest, and your parents couldn't provide you with the love and support that you may have appreciated.

The bottom line is that you come across as angry and bitter here, and that speaks volumes.
I remember my grandpa dying when I was 8 and how sad everyone was and it fucking sucked. I also remember that I got over it at some point without some make believe story. If my parents not telling me that he's in heaven means they didn't love me then you have an unusual way of viewing things. Maybe they didn't believe in making excuses so I won't cry as much.

Quote:
You're lying to yourself if you think that your belief is the correct belief. Who knows what happens after death? No one.... Anyone who has claimed to have had contact with the dead is labelled a nutjob. So yeah, I softened the blow of the sudden loss of a close family member. I just hope that if you're ever in the same situation that you will do your best to numb the intense pain of that loss.
Believe whatever you want, I'm commenting on the fact that you said you aren't religious and used religion to help your kids not deal with a tragedy.

Anyways I gotta get back to selling dope in East Van ttyl bruh.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:52 AM   #125
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
We haven't created anything. Religion is the basis for most of the worlds problems, as it has been for thousands of years. The entire religious population is arguing and fighting about something that doesn't even exist. It's purely a belief that what one group believes is better than what someone else believes.
From an Atheist standpoint I can't even wrap my head around people being so brainwashed into thinking a God actually cares about what us humans are doing. Even more than that, anything you do on earth will affect where you "go" when you die.

Berz out.
actually its not religion...

guaranteed if you moved away from religion, and more and more atheists popped up, people will just take extreme sides of philosophy and ideologies, who will also fight for things that "don't exist" (in the eyes of the other side, the other side is always worshiping some non existent reality).

anyways... i think i basically explained what is happening now.

people will kill each other over which religion they're tied with.

you don't think for a second if religions didnt exist... they'd kill each other for just which "side" they're on? whether its race, or political sides, or fucking ANYTHING?

you're always on a "side".

its not religion... it's just humans. Religions aint the problem. there is NO problem actually.

it's just an algorithm figuring out which sides have more of a hold in this world at this moment. the algorithm of human evolution.

killing each other is pretty much how we figure shit out really fast... eventually things that don't work, will fade.

believing in "things", and taking "sides", and killing each other, are probably never going to go away. It's kinda the core reason why humans are around in the first place... and why we've achieved so much in such a short time... To find universal truth. There can only be ONE universal truth, and damnit, you're wrong *shoots you*
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: