REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
If there was another show like That 70's show aired today, it would be called That 90's show. Think about that.
Image the episode where the main character gets dial up internet.
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Just another junkie.

Where is the love for all those who died on the DTES today....
That is a huge asshole comment about her being just another junkie. I want to ban you just for that comment

I said its sad to see someone succumb to their addiction. Yes it's I'm the news because she's famous but that doesn't make it any more sad than those on the dtes. Hopefully though with her and Cory monteith this will bring more awareness and possible resources to help those avoid and overcome addition
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
That is a huge asshole comment about her being just another junkie. I want to ban you just for that comment

I said its sad to see someone succumb to their addiction. Yes it's I'm the news because she's famous but that doesn't make it any more sad than those on the dtes. Hopefully though with her and Cory monteith this will bring more awareness and possible resources to help those avoid and overcome addition
Posted via RS Mobile
Meh, I kinda have to agree with Dino. I know people who have or had addictions and the shit they did to get their next fix was pretty brutal. I have no love for people who end up addicted to drugs, whether it was intentional or not. Two of my friends battled cocaine addictions and while they managed to clean themselves up, I wouldn't have felt much in the way of remorse if they had ended up dying as a result. I'd have felt bad for their families and friends, sure, but not them. They did it to themselves, after all. Even if it was an attempt to "escape" something, there are a million other better ways of doing that without even touching drugs or alcohol.

As for some random celebrity, whether they're A-List or not, I could care less. It shouldn't have to come to some famous person dying of a specific disease or addiction for people to realize that there's a problem.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
You have obviously missed my point. Why dedicate a thread, a page in a gossip magazine, a headline on a website, and a "breaking news" story on tv for some person who died from drugs and/or alcohol. It happens every day. It is happening now. Why sensationalize it? These people have more money than most and can afford the best therapy and rehabs. The double standard is pathetic.

If I had asked you 3 days ago what the real name of Eric Foreman's sister was, you would have no clue.

There are dozens of asshole comments here everyday.

If you think my opinion is worth a ban, ban me then....stop threatening it.

Last edited by dinosaur; 08-16-2013 at 04:32 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
You have obviously missed my point. Why dedicate a thread, a page in a gossip magazine, a headline on a website, and a "breaking news" story on tv for some person who died from drugs and/or alcohol. It happens every day. It is happening now. Why sensationalize it? These people have more money than most and can afford the best therapy and rehabs. The double standard is pathetic.

If I had asked you 3 days ago what the real name of Eric Foreman's sister was, you would have no clue.

There are dozens of asshole comments here everyday.

If you think my opinion is worth a ban, ban me then....stop threatening it.
Holy smokes, calm down woman.

I think everyone regardless of status deserve to be remembered when they pass away. Unfortunately for people in DTES and anybody for that matter, is not known by the general public. If they have a recognition in your community, I'm sure they'll be on the community newpaper.

TO YOU, she may just be another junkie, supporting actress, extra, etc. But there are people might have loved her for her role in TV shows and whatever she appears on.

I think you're having a bad day.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: