REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
I have talked to a lot of sales people, and worked with them as well. 99% of the people I have dealt with are only motivated by $$.

Many sales people I have worked with at the dealers I have been with are pretty sly. They will do most anything to convince people to take the car. Throw in some floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net etc etc.
All sales people are motivated to move there existing inventory, and not bring in another car to fill a customers order.
Some dealer/sales staff are more willing to help out, but that is often times when you are buying a higher end car.

When buying a car you have to do your part, educate yourself, find the prices and options you want. DO NOT rely on the sales staff to give you this kind of info. Be a smart consumer and you will get what you need.

Hope you find the car you want at the price you want.
Advertisement
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #27
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If after all that time test driving and negotiating at Happy Honda and a different dealership was willing to beat it by $1000+ AND had the model in stock, I'd just buy from the place that gave me that price in the first place and had the car ready to go. Clearly the sales was trying to milk you for all you were worth assuming they even had the car in-stock in the first place. If a dealership was serious about my business, I'm trusting them to give me the best price during negotiations. If I find a better price elsewhere for the same product I'm walking. What incentive is there for me to come back to you and ask you to match the price for me?
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
RS Lurker, I don't post!

The most annoying part of this deal was when I told him about the better offer and that I was going to goto the other dealership. The salesman, Francis pretty much begged me and said it wasn't fair for him. Fine, I give him the business seeing at that point I sympathized his point of view and the time he spent with me.

Then a week later, he tells me that I can't get the car. After I've wasted all that time with them closing the deal, they back out.

I went back to the other dealership and they took me with open arms and agreed to go with the same price.

But you know what, it is what it is. I would've done the same thing if I were in the salesperson's shoes if I was offered a higher price. But the GM goes out and says "in all of the XX years I've been in business, i've never sold a car that was promised to another person if I was offered a higher price. There is no more of this model in BC, blah blah blah" Seriously...for a GM to still think this is the stone ages and I can't call another dealership to check...the nerves he thinks we're all idiots here.
lololol12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

they call them car salesman for a reason.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #30
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lololol12345 View Post
The most annoying part of this deal was when I told him about the better offer and that I was going to goto the other dealership. The salesman, Francis pretty much begged me and said it wasn't fair for him. Fine, I give him the business seeing at that point I sympathized his point of view and the time he spent with me.
You're too kind. If he was serious and really wanted to play ball and be fair, he should have brought his best offer to the table. He wasn't being fair to you when he wasn't giving you his best price; I'm sure you negotiated to the point where you thought it was his best offer. He was trying to make an extra $1000 off you, fair enough its part of the game. But so is walking away and buying from somebody else who is willing to give me a better price from the onset and not waste my time in doing so.

And you're still not understanding the point that just because a different dealer has the car in stock, doesn't mean that all other dealers have access to it or even know of its existence.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote