REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   4x4's and the Great Outdoors (https://www.revscene.net/forums/4x4s-great-outdoors_226/)
-   -   another trip (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687445-another-trip.html)

Phil@rise 08-19-2013 05:01 PM

another trip

Well seeins how this first 4by meet was a rather fun success and it was brought to my attention I owe you guys a bbq event I was thinkin of hosting/organizing one.
The catch is if I do there cant be wafflers your in or you aint it'll be an overnighter and it'll be more difficult then what we just did.
One of my favorite destinations is the hotsprings way up the east side of Harrison (not the hotel). I dont camp at them as theres not alot of space and the spots can be taken up. I camp about 30kms away from them and then just cruise up whenever.
The road to where base camp is set up in no more difficult then the Elaho trip from there stockers not wanting to scratch skidplates and lower bumpers can carpool with the more prepared vehicles.

Gimmie your input people.

Zedbra 08-19-2013 06:39 PM

Camping and wheeling - we're in.

T4RAWR 08-19-2013 10:40 PM

sounds like you're heading up to clear creek hotsprings on the east side of harrison.

where do you make basecamp? at cogburn?

iirc you can make it up to clear creek with a stocker and some correct application of the skinny peddle without damage.

sounds like it'll be fun.

Soundy 08-19-2013 11:48 PM

Subbed!

PinoyDrifta 08-20-2013 07:00 AM

I may have interest in this. As long as my truck can make it without major damage I will give err' hahaha.
Posted via RS Mobile

Geoc 08-20-2013 09:26 AM

Sounds good, justing waiting on a concrete time to confirm
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 08-20-2013 04:46 PM

I'd be setting up base camp at the beach across from Lesters. About ten kn's after Cogburn and just before the airstrip. Lester is the hermit that lives up at the log sort.
It'll be a friday afternnon evening till sunday trip.

stewie 08-20-2013 05:40 PM

hmmm, im not allowed to drive, but if a stock 2010 f150 would be able to make it, ill let my gf take my truck.

we were gonna go camping on the last weekend of august anyways...

whens this one going to take place?

phil - if you've any pictures of the trail, could you post them? me and the gf really wanna come, but if my truck cant make it, we'd be more than happy to chip in on gas and bring beer + food for anyone as a thank you for letting us come with :)

Prolowtone 08-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8304533)
I'd be setting up base camp at the beach across from Lesters. About ten kn's after Cogburn and just before the airstrip. Lester is the hermit that lives up at the log sort.
It'll be a friday afternnon evening till sunday trip.

Lester- Older guy that sells firewood?

Sounds like fun

T4RAWR 08-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8304565)
hmmm, im not allowed to drive, but if a stock 2010 f150 would be able to make it, ill let my gf take my truck.

we were gonna go camping on the last weekend of august anyways...

whens this one going to take place?

phil - if you've any pictures of the trail, could you post them? me and the gf really wanna come, but if my truck cant make it, we'd be more than happy to chip in on gas and bring beer + food for anyone as a thank you for letting us come with :)

stock f150 will make it. the main fsr, harrison east, is graded regularly due to high logging traffic. at most she'll just need to go slow and pay attention for idiots.

havent been up clear creek for a long while but iirc, a stock 3rd gen 4runner can make it up no problem so i'd imagine with a bit of careful driving an f150 should make it too.

here's some footage of harrison east with shots of the road up to clear creek:

not sure which beach phil's talking about. i have a feel i've been to it just dont recall the exact area.

maybe he can point it out for us on google maps or something.

stewie 08-20-2013 07:50 PM

that doesn't look so bad, if the weathers decent we should be coming!

if its at end of august even better lol

Phil@rise 08-21-2013 10:33 AM

the beach n your video is the exact beach I set up on.
I'm thinkin the last weekend of this month a nice way to end a five weekend month.

Zedbra 08-21-2013 12:39 PM

Last weekend of this month is a long weekend - last one before school. I will be out of town

Phil@rise 08-21-2013 01:41 PM

Shit I was hoping the long weekend would be the weekend after that.

Brianrietta 08-21-2013 03:27 PM

Yeah I'll be up Seymour Arm that weekend.

T4RAWR 08-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8304935)
the beach n your video is the exact beach I set up on.
I'm thinkin the last weekend of this month a nice way to end a five weekend month.

do you head in the exact same way?

or do you go through the logging area to the beach then hit right towards the river?

corollagtSr5 08-21-2013 08:58 PM

Can you catch fish in that lake?

T4RAWR 08-21-2013 09:04 PM

yep, some good size trout in there

T4RAWR 08-21-2013 09:14 PM

if you camp on that beach spot, you can go about knee deep towards the river. throw a spoon/spinner down stream towards the lake and slowly twitch it back in. should get some bites.

stewie 08-21-2013 10:28 PM

so is it august 30-1st? or the sept 6th-8th??

Phil@rise 08-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8305174)
do you head in the exact same way?

or do you go through the logging area to the beach then hit right towards the river?

I either go the exact same way and setup camp by the two trees when you first come onto the beach ( I setup there so I dont disturb sleeping campers when doing night runs) or I come down from the log sort.

Phil@rise 08-22-2013 10:33 AM

I'm thinkin 6th to 8th but wanna choose a weekend that will work for most.
I can shut down on any Friday afternoon and leave for a weekend but cant expect all others to do so.

PinoyDrifta 08-22-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8305527)
I'm thinkin 6th to 8th but wanna choose a weekend that will work for most

If its sept. 6-8 I will be on the west side of harrisson. Doing my yearly birthday camping trip.
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 08-22-2013 11:26 AM

Well do it on the east side so you can enjoy a nice soak in the hot tubs and some turkey.

T4RAWR 08-22-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8305526)
I either go the exact same way and setup camp by the two trees when you first come onto the beach ( I setup there so I dont disturb sleeping campers when doing night runs) or I come down from the log sort.

do you just drive down the log sort to the water then book right towards the river?

been meaning to head back out this way for a while now. last time there was a foot wide tree down across the trail and i didn't have my chainsaw with me so i had to turn around.