REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   4x4's and the Great Outdoors (https://www.revscene.net/forums/4x4s-great-outdoors_226/)
-   -   Time to upgrade again... :) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687794-time-upgrade-again.html)

Tegra_Devil 08-31-2013 09:19 AM

Time to upgrade again... :)

i did it again

http://i43.tinypic.com/14tvkhi.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/29aux45.jpg

2013 Tundra Crewmax 5.7L, TRD Exhaust, TRD Swaybar, 3M'd the fuck out of it lol

bloodline129 08-31-2013 10:30 AM

Congrats =)
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 08-31-2013 01:14 PM

kewl!

Zedbra 08-31-2013 07:55 PM

Your Xterra has a higher towing limit and a full box frame - how is this an upgrade?

T4RAWR 08-31-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8311401)
Your Xterra has a higher towing limit and a full box frame - how is this an upgrade?

good sir,

i must politely inform you that the xterra is rated to tow 5000lbs max.

the tundra that he upgraded to is rated to tow 9000lbs... i have personally seen them tow 12,000lbs loads without too much trouble.

also, by chance if you had mistaken it for a tacoma, the tacoma still tows more with a max capacity at 6500lbs...

the tundra also has a c frame which is adequate for the work it was designed to do. while not a box frame, the frame combined with the way the suspension is designed actually reduces torsional flex by quite a bit compared to its competitors thus making sway control alot easier with the recommended loads that its meant/designed to tow. flex should be reasonable as well for off road obstalces

while the xterra has better approach and departure angles they have xterra is only 1" higher in terms of ground clearance.

i would put to you that for the most part the tundra is an upgrade from the xterra, given that its also a much new year model truck and will most likely have alot more creature comforts and bells and whistles given that its a crew max

:badpokerface:

BBMme 08-31-2013 08:49 PM

Nice! Good choice, love the colour
Posted via RS Mobile

Zedbra 09-01-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8311410)
good sir,

i must politely inform you that the xterra is rated to tow 5000lbs max.

the tundra that he upgraded to is rated to tow 9000lbs... i have personally seen them tow 12,000lbs loads without too much trouble.

also, by chance if you had mistaken it for a tacoma, the tacoma still tows more with a max capacity at 6500lbs...

the tundra also has a c frame which is adequate for the work it was designed to do. while not a box frame, the frame combined with the way the suspension is designed actually reduces torsional flex by quite a bit compared to its competitors thus making sway control alot easier with the recommended loads that its meant/designed to tow. flex should be reasonable as well for off road obstalces

while the xterra has better approach and departure angles they have xterra is only 1" higher in terms of ground clearance.

i would put to you that for the most part the tundra is an upgrade from the xterra, given that its also a much new year model truck and will most likely have alot more creature comforts and bells and whistles given that its a crew max

:badpokerface:

you're right, I compared lbs to kgs - I had a couple cold ones last night. I'm still not a fan of C channel frames, especially with Toyota's track record of rusty frames.

Edit - old video, but within the firs 1:30 you can see how wonderfly flexy that C channel frame really is.

Tegra_Devil 09-02-2013 08:31 PM

I personally enjoy the Tundra more than the competitors, as I was a Dodge mechanic during a part of my life, I am very familiar with the other options.

That being said, i fucking hate chevy and will never own one... :)

T4RAWR 09-05-2013 10:39 AM

i think for on road performance the tundra handles it self fairly decently.

for an off road half ton truck i'd probably get an f150.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8311607)
you're right, I compared lbs to kgs - I had a couple cold ones last night. I'm still not a fan of C channel frames, especially with Toyota's track record of rusty frames.

Edit - old video, but within the firs 1:30 you can see how wonderfly flexy that C channel frame really is.

2009 Truck Durability Test FORD CHEVY DODGE TOYOTA By Ford Motor Company - YouTube

TjAlmeida 09-05-2013 10:46 AM

How's the gas mileage so far :troll:

Beautiful truck though, wish they were not such pigs on gas.
Posted via RS Mobile

Brianrietta 09-05-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8314147)

Posted via RS Mobile

Seriously. Just because it towed the space shuttle doesn't mean it has to slurp fuel like the shuttle. :yuno:

originalhypa 09-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8311401)

:yuno::yuno::yuno:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a/208e5764.jpg

10,800lbs stuck in the mud. The F650 also got stuck in the mud. I had to pull them both out seperately.

Tundra, ftw.
Calling out Zed, ftmfw.
:fullofwin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil (Post 8312411)
I personally enjoy the Tundra more than the competitors

Agreed.
The new Fords and Dodges sure look good, and for the first 18 months they feel good too. But my friend has a really nice house in White Rock thanks to disposable front ends on the domestic trucks. He figures an average of $2400 every two years for tie rods, ball joints, other bits and pieces and labor to keep those pigs on the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianrietta (Post 8314154)
Seriously. Just because it towed the space shuttle doesn't mean it has to slurp fuel like the shuttle. :yuno:

I dunno man, I put $100 in my tank yesterday, and I'm down a quarter tank today. $25/day in gas isn't out of the question with my truck.

Tegra_Devil 09-07-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8314147)

Posted via RS Mobile

dont really notice, i dont pay for gas ;)

ive been pumping 94 into it since 60kms

Purely 09-07-2013 06:22 PM

Congrats! Tundras are beast trucks!

white rocket 09-10-2013 07:34 AM

Congrats man and great choice. Tundras are just spectacular all around. Werd to the KCCO sticker on the XTerra :thumbs:

Tegra_Devil 09-27-2013 05:13 PM

Well, so many expensive treats for truck coming from all over the continent....should be fully set up in 2 weeks :)

originalhypa 09-30-2013 11:29 AM

Can't wait to see what you're doing with yours.

Tegra_Devil 09-30-2013 05:38 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/19r22e.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/x5qx3b.jpg

just 2 of the 10 things so far have arrived....

white rocket 10-01-2013 09:19 AM

front leveling kit?

Any warranty concerns with that Bully Dog tuner? I've heard that even though you can turn everything back to stock the dealer can still see that the ECU was "flashed" or modified.

Zedbra 10-01-2013 04:27 PM

^ with my Frontier, the dealer could tell that there were ignition error codes, registered every time I turned the key with the tune.

Tegra_Devil 10-01-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8330760)
front leveling kit?

Any warranty concerns with that Bully Dog tuner? I've heard that even though you can turn everything back to stock the dealer can still see that the ECU was "flashed" or modified.

Front leveling kit, got shackles in the mail still with new poly leaf bushings

The dealer can see that it was flashed, but my dealership has stated they will honour all warranties even with use of the Bully Dog(perk of family in management there) :P

Tegra_Devil 10-02-2013 04:06 AM

Also, just because there is a flash that can be viewed by the dealership, it doesn't mean they can void your warranty. They can just see a flash has been made and but not what it did.
Posted via RS Mobile

white rocket 10-02-2013 09:52 AM

Definitely good to have a dealer connection. I work with dealers all the time and if there is even a hint that the manufacturer won't pay for warranty then the dealer will tell you to pound salt. Just from past experience. However, my wife tracked her Mini and the dealer couldn't give a rats ass and fixed all of the issues she had(which were plentiful) under warranty. Every dealer is different I suppose.

Anyway, your Tundra is coming together nicely :thumbsup:

Tegra_Devil 10-04-2013 04:55 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/11j68nm.jpg

CoachBuilder Extreme Heavy Duty Shackles

polyurethane leaf bushings :)

Tegra_Devil 10-06-2013 02:20 PM

I think im gonna plasti-dip all my chrome and emblems.....