REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 08-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

U.S. Speeding Ticket

So recently I received a speeding ticket in the U.S. and I noticed that the officer wrote down the expiry on my driver's license incorrectly. I know that here in Canada, we can dispute technicalities like this and the ticket would be thrown out the window, so I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with speeding tickets in the U.S. and whether or not that's something disputable down there.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Depends on where you got the ticket.
Call them and ask.

From my experiance, it is up to the court to decide if its valid or throw it out.

Honestly tho, if you were speeding you should just pay it. The way they do it down there with court they will make it as hard as possible for you to dispute and even when you do they can still just tell you to bad and make you pay.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Call them and ask.

From my experiance, it is up to the court to decide if its valid or throw it out.

Honestly tho, if you were speeding you should just pay it. The way they do it down there with court they will make it as hard as possible for you to dispute and even when you do they can still just tell you to bad and make you pay.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll pay it now.
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Before you pay, call them and ask. Cant do any harm.
Sometimes they will allow you to write in to dispute the ticket, and the reasons why and they will throw it out without any court stuff.

Exhaust your options before you pay up tho. If they cant help out then I suggest paying because if you dont and they catch you again its off to jail from what I understand.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Call them and ask.

This is very accurate.

Also, if you don't pay...you are fucked. My ex never paid his and now he can't drive down there. They also sent him a letter indicating he would have issues crossing the border as well.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^
I believe after a certain number of years (7 years), they will throw the ticket out of their systems and it becomes void.

as for the OP, I would straight up call a lawyer that specializes in traffic tickets. there are lots in Washington state that help Canadians with disputing and fighting traffic violations.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
This is very accurate.

Also, if you don't pay...you are fucked. My ex never paid his and now he can't drive down there. They also sent him a letter indicating he would have issues crossing the border as well.
yeah crossing the border would get tricky....but like everyone else is saying, it doesn't hurt to call and ask
Blayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #8

Just pay the ticket, getting a lawyer is $ too
370z370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
strong post spamming

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #10

Curious to know, has this been resolved now? Ended up calling and ask?
EliteResearcher is offline   Reply With Quote