REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #76
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

No I'm in my early 20's so thats perfect. I'm going to be traveling by my self so this will be interesting... I'm more into sight seeing though
Advertisement
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,730 Times in 1,633 Posts
I would then swing by Myeongdong at night, as it's just as hopping as Hongdae, and there's actually more shit to see.

Hongdae is just restaurants and small shops and clubs and drunk people. Myeongdong is largely the same but they cater to tourists, so bit more variety. You can also go to Namsan and take the cable car up. You can get an amazing 360 view of all of Seoul.

In the day there are lots of palaces and museums within Seoul, and entrance is like $2. Check out some public markets, then take the subway back to the airport.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #78
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
No I'm in my early 20's so thats perfect. I'm going to be traveling by my self so this will be interesting... I'm more into sight seeing though
Check out the War memorial. Pretty neat. Considering how their whole country was basically rebuilt because of the war. Very interesting and worth going. Plus its free!
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #79
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,306 Posts
I was in Seoul last year and hit up Itaewon (the foreigner district) on a Saturday night. They had an outdoor street party with a massive DJ booth set up with pyros and shit.

Probably not authentic Korean but fun nonetheless - huge mixed crowd. Happens every weekend I'm told by a local friend.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 AM   #80

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
so subway system is relatively easy to learn??.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #81

Thanked 6,730 Times in 1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
so subway system is relatively easy to learn??.
It's easy in the sense that it's well laid out, comprehensive, and everything is in English as well.

It's hard in the sense that there are like 30,000 stations on what I think is like 15 main lines now. Transfer stations are huge and you may find yourself walking quite a lot to transfer between lines. Each station has numbered exits which spits you out closer to wherever you want to go. Bigger stations have like 15 exits, some of which are more than a city block apart.

All in all though, you probably won't get lost or anything.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #82
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I miss listening to the music when trains were arriving in seoul haha

Train system is well mapped out and just have to take a minuet to remember the stations name where you are getting off.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 AM   #83
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

How does one get directions around Korea lol google maps I just realized does not work in Korea
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:42 AM   #84

Thanked 1,849 Times in 969 Posts
You don't lol. When I was there everything showed up in Korean and the names. Basically impossible to search. We generally had to basically look OK a map to see where we were then old school navigate to where we had to go
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote