REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

J.K. Rowling purchases Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

J.K. Rowling purchases Irving K. Barber Learning Centre | The Syrup Trap

Quote:
As of Aug. 13, Rowling now sits as director of the library’s Advisory Committee, which this week voted in favour of a $61,000,000 CAD renovation. When asked about the renovations, previous director Simon Naeme simply chuckled and said, “We’re just really happy to add a little magic to the experience here at UBC.”

$5,000,000 towards the addition of secondary mobile staircases, which will connect to the current staircases at odd intervals “so as to mimic the iconic staircases of Hogwarts.”

$300,000 towards the acquisition of digital picture frames, which will display animated photos of previous UBC presidents (“headmasters”).
$30,000,000 towards the construction of four new faculty (“house”) lounges for students in Science (“Ravenclaw”), Engineering (“Gryffindor”), Sauder (“Slytherin”) and Arts (“Hufflepuff”).

$8,000,000 towards the removal of Ike’s Café.

$7,000,000 towards the hiring and training of an elite team of Dementors to replace current security staff (“They weren’t very scary-looking anyway”).

$10,000,000 towards the construction of a “Chamber of Secrets,” for which Rowling gave no specific purpose.
Advertisement
buddha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Looks like you fell in the syrup trap. Also soooo old
Posted via RS Mobile
milkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Guessing you fell for this too?

UBC Sauder School of Business to close | The Syrup Trap
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
April Fools already?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
What the fuck man. Not only is this fake but its not even fresh fake news. lets get together and kick OP's ass.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
For fucks sake, c'mon with these threads..
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
This shit isn't even funny.

At least the onion has a satirical edge where some of the ludicrous headlines show the irony in the truth. Even tey are hit and miss on the humour.

This stuff is just crap.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: