REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   failed my class 7 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688334-failed-my-class-7-a.html)

dee242 09-17-2013 01:22 AM

failed my class 7

So i failed my class 7 today in poco because of stupid stuff forgetting to shoulder check towards the end of the test but what exactly is railroad xing (mc) and steering wheel POS and what am i suppose to do so i don't make that mistake again. Also any tips for taking the test in maple ridge?

Raid3n 09-17-2013 01:37 AM

steering wheel position i would assume means how you were holding the steering wheel

as for the railroad bit, (mc) makes me think motorcycle (you need to take more care crossing railroads with a bike) ... did you maybe not stop at a xing you were supposed to?

jnesss 09-17-2013 01:40 AM

it's easy to develop bad driving habits, put some more hours into practicing before you take the test again?

shoulder checking is serious business. you'll understand this when the car next to you swerves over and nearly runs you off the road, all because he forgot to shoulder check.

v_tec 09-17-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee242 (Post 8321854)
So i failed my class 7 today in poco because of stupid stuff forgetting to shoulder check towards the end of the test but what exactly is railroad xing (mc) and steering wheel POS and what am i suppose to do so i don't make that mistake again. Also any tips for taking the test in maple ridge?

NO. Shoulder check is not something "stupid".

Have some practice and drive for a few more months before you attempt your next road test.
If you had items/errors that you weren't sure about,
why didn't you discuss about them with your examiner prior to leaving?

dee242 09-17-2013 02:48 AM

The reason why I didn't discuss it with her is because I had no Time to look at it she just gave me the sheet and was on her way and I didn't go over a railroad where I was suppose to stop
Posted via RS Mobile

CP.AR 09-17-2013 04:19 AM

forgetting to shoulder check is a VERY easy way to get into an accident.
I can recall many moments where if I had no shoulder checked, I would have caused an accident.

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2013 05:08 AM

If you don't shoulder check ALL THE TIME when you switch lanes, you shouldn't have your license anyway.

Practice so it's automatic..

JSALES 09-17-2013 06:20 AM

You should always shoulder check, don't be like those assholes who lane change when they please
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 09-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

forgetting to shoulder check towards the end of the test

Learn it. It's not stupid and you don't look like an idiot doing shoulder checks before you turn or change lanes. It's the easiest thing to do in order to avoid accidents where you will be deemed at fault.

Quote:

) and steering wheel POS

:suspicious::suspicious:

10-2, 9-3 hand position. If your hands are in any other position and you happen to hit a bump large enough to pull your steering wheel, you no longer have control of the vehicle. The same also can be said if you blow out a tire or if a steering component decides to suddenly fail. There's a reason why this hand position is required to pass driving tests.

As for the railroad crossing, some crossings have stop signs, some have certain speed limits required to drive over them, and others you're allowed to drive over with no restrictions. It all depends on the signs when you drive up to them.

Edit: By Class 7, I'm assuming you're doing your test for your N?

kwy 09-17-2013 11:30 AM

People have almost sideswiped me several times because they didn't fucking shoulder check, so no, it isn't stupid. If you think it's stupid then you don't deserve your damn license and should stay the fuck off the road along with the other idiots that almost crashed into my car. Take some driving lessons.

GLOW 09-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

So i failed my class 7 today in poco because of stupid stuff forgetting to shoulder check towards the end of the test

:seriously:

IMO forgetting a shoulder check should be auto fail. shit like that can affect lives.

4444 09-17-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

you failed because you are not good enough to be let out onto the streets. by failing, you have slightly restored my faith in the driving system (mind you, you didn't take it in richmond)

rather than looking for a different place to take your test, why don't you learn to drive PROPERLY

if you think shoulder checking is stupid, then you are a fucking retard.

who taught you to drive? i suspect it's the blind leading the blind.

RecklessNS 09-17-2013 12:18 PM

Why not try Best Way Driving School or somewhere else cause If you're unsure about signs/positioning/safe driving, then your current methods are not working for you brah.

Gazorcoop 09-17-2013 12:47 PM

plz drive next to me. I have way too many door dings and need a re-paint.

Here is some information regarding the railroad crossing, taken from the ICBC website:

Spoiler!

meme405 09-17-2013 12:51 PM

Guys lighten up, he might be taking the test elsewhere simply to get a quicker date, not so he can try to slip one by the examiner. As for his "Stupid" shoulder checks, I read it more as in it was stupid for him to miss them, not that shoulder checking was a stupid thing to need to do. Either way even if that is not what he meant, he knows now as the last 10 people have rudely pointed out.

hotong 09-17-2013 12:57 PM

take the bus

dared3vil0 09-17-2013 02:58 PM

If you consider not shoulder checking a "stupid little thing", then i'm very happy you failed you ignorant imbecile. You'll side swipe someone within a week if you don't shoulder check.

DragonChi 09-17-2013 03:06 PM

I would suggest taking a few hours of driving school before the test. They will point out any fallible behaviors you have.

They may perhaps even know the route that the examiner might take you on.

We aren't born knowing how to drive, what's more important is that you learn the rules of the road and safe driving practices.

Good luck on your next test. Don't get too discouraged we all gotta start somewhere.

twixxer 09-17-2013 03:12 PM

Way too much negative nonsense in this thread. You guys forget what it was like to be 16/17?

I failed my first road test, felt horrible...the reasons may have been legitimate but at the time they were "stupid" to me because i was so bummed about not having my license.

Take your time to practice your driving skills, make shoulder checking a habit not only when changing lanes but whenever you make a right turn as well to ensure a cyclist hasn't snuck up on you.

As Dragonchi recommended taking a few hours of lessons can be very beneficial as they can point out some bad habits you may have already developed and aren't aware of.

Good luck!

FerrariEnzo 09-17-2013 04:14 PM

Learn from what you did wrong.. thats the only advice I would suggest...
coming on here and asking for tips wont make you pass your driving test...

Yodamaster 09-17-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twixxer (Post 8322144)
Way too much negative nonsense in this thread. You guys forget what it was like to be 16/17?

Yes, I know what it was like to be 16, and I know what it's like to pass the first time.

Age is no excuse, you should know the rules before you even book the test, if you aren't capable of remembering and applying those rules by the time that test comes, you shouldn't be driving. Of course, experience is a factor, I had my dad (used to be a trucker, never been in an accident) teaching me beforehand.

Steering POS means that you weren't holding your hands in the correct position, 10-2 or 9-3 on the steering wheel.

yray 09-17-2013 04:54 PM

should've done the test in ricemond

godwin 09-17-2013 05:02 PM

Practice and feedback. I think those 2 are most important for improving. I think you can probably go back and talk to the instructor (if it is not too long aglo).

I agree in general it is a good idea to get one of the local driving schools for a few hours to correct your mistakes. Local as in the ones who are familiar with the test route.

(that of course doesn't apply if you have a family member in the RCMP or someone who is extremely well versed on the road).

Class 7 doesn't even register as a bump on your road of life. Just practice and try again.

CP.AR 09-17-2013 06:21 PM

dee242 09-17-2013 06:33 PM

Thanks for the feed back guys as for me referring to shoulder checking as stupid stuff i did not mean it in that way i meant stupid mistakes.

As for steering pos my hands were always at 10-2 with the exception of backing up an as for the railroad i didnt have to cross one as far as i remember the closes thing i saw to a rail road were some xs marked on the road but there were no tracks, may have missed a warning sign if i got docked for it though.

And the reason i am asking about taking my test in maple ridge is because it was the earliest date i could get and i am not familiar of the location.