REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

stuck in a contract store forgot to cancel

anyone know what course of action i can take against bell since they refuse to fix an error on their side and now i'm being punished for it. Long story short, i got a phone but decided against it before i walked out and the system was down at the time so they said they'll do the buyer's remorse for me the next day. i called back a few days later they said they cancelled it for me so i took their word for it. i never took the phone nor signed a contract.. 5 months later i started to get a bill from Bell saying i owe them $500+ for a $100 monthly plan that was supposed to be cancelled.. i called bell they said you are over your buyer's remorse we can't cancel your contract unless you want to pay $500 cancellation fee.. i didn't even get a phone nor sign a contract wtf? i went back to the store to complain but the guy that works there is no longer working there.. anyways i told bell to check the imei on my account it's linked to another person.. and they told me they can't check other ppl's account due to privacy reason.. i went back to the store and found out the phone that was suppose to be cancelled was sold to someone else the next day and the imei is also attached to his Bell account.. so the imei is attached to 2 accounts. bell is refusing to cancel it unless i pay the $500 and the $500 cancellation.. and refused to check the other person's account... they sent it to collection and fuked with my credit report. so what exactly can i do?
Advertisement
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
sounds like trouble, try calling them again and talk to another representative and hopefully she will understand your side of the story.
Posted via RS Mobile
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,428 Times in 483 Posts
Did you speak to a Manger when you called in? The store fucked up. Could ask to speak to the store manager too while you have bell on the line.
Posted via RS Mobile
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #4

lol they are both saying they are not allow to access other customer's account without the person there.. i've filed a complaint thru BBB hopefully they'll do something about it.. if not do i go thru something like a lawyer?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,383 Times in 3,909 Posts
small claims or just get a lawyer to call them it should be real easy since there is no contract here you didn't sign anything you didn't get any consideration

they're just not taking you seriously and avoiding the hassle of rectifying the issue so solution would be to force them to get off their asses (call/letter from a lawyer) or just speak to someone higher up in the chain of Bell and let them know that you're not going to just ho-hum and pay some ridiculous bill to avoid a hassle
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,767 Times in 909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
anyone know what course of action i can take against bell since they refuse to fix an error on their side and now i'm being punished for it. Long story short, i got a phone but decided against it before i walked out and the system was down at the time so they said they'll do the buyer's remorse for me the next day. i called back a few days later they said they cancelled it for me so i took their word for it. i never took the phone nor signed a contract.. 5 months later i started to get a bill from Bell saying i owe them $500+ for a $100 monthly plan that was supposed to be cancelled.. i called bell they said you are over your buyer's remorse we can't cancel your contract unless you want to pay $500 cancellation fee.. i didn't even get a phone nor sign a contract wtf? i went back to the store to complain but the guy that works there is no longer working there.. anyways i told bell to check the imei on my account it's linked to another person.. and they told me they can't check other ppl's account due to privacy reason.. i went back to the store and found out the phone that was suppose to be cancelled was sold to someone else the next day and the imei is also attached to his Bell account.. so the imei is attached to 2 accounts. bell is refusing to cancel it unless i pay the $500 and the $500 cancellation.. and refused to check the other person's account... they sent it to collection and fuked with my credit report. so what exactly can i do?
Make a complaint with CCTS. I had a situation with the buyers remorse shit with Bell. Spoke to a Supervisor and a Manager to no avail. Filed a complaint via CCTS and another Manager reviewed it and called me back from Bell. We worked it out in the end.

CCTS · CPRST

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,047 Times in 2,080 Posts
I would discuss with a manager or someone in a position of authority and if they don't fix their error then I would threaten with CCTS. Not many people know of it, so make sure to thank winson604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,767 Times in 909 Posts
LOL thanks Nodnarb.

Keep us posted on what the outcome is. We can't let cell phone companies or any company to get away with shit like this.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Don't threaten them just file a report with CCTS, you will get a file number and when you talk to a manager with bell let them know you already file a report with CCTS and BBB and give them the file number. They won't take you seriously till you actually do something.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Ask them to send you a copy of the contract with your signature on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Ask them to send you a copy of the contract with your signature on it.
Um, you don't need to SIGN a contract with a signature in order for it to be a valid contract.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Um, you don't need to SIGN a contract with a signature in order for it to be a valid contract.
I've never had a Telus store hand me a new phone without signing something first.

Anyway, let's word it another way: OP, tell them you'll be happy to send them their money, as soon as they can PROVE that you both agreed to the contract, and received the phone.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Definitely follow up with CCTS, they take complaints from there VERY seriously.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #14

You could always talk to OpenMedia.ca too - they've been a real burr in the Big Three's side for a while now.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #15

i filed a complaint and we'll see how it goes. and as for signing a contract or not. i don't think it's required as if say you get a new line on over the phone or something. they send u the phone and u don't sign any contracts. it's just verbal.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
i filed a complaint and we'll see how it goes. and as for signing a contract or not. i don't think it's required as if say you get a new line on over the phone or something. they send u the phone and u don't sign any contracts. it's just verbal.
Yes, but they do record those phone calls, otherwise there's no proof, just your word against theirs.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

holy shiet, this is similar to something that happened to me.

I wanted to inquire about switching to another plan on the phone,I can tell he was trying to upsell me. It sounded decent so I said sure, I'll switch. But literally like 5 seconds later I said, on second thought I'll just keep what I have, and then he said, I'm sorry I already switched you to the other plan, and I said, cant you switch it back?, after hesitating, he said yes he can. So he just said yup, you have now been switched back.

I noticed I had to reset my voicemail and I lost some features that my old plan had so it seemed like it wasn't switched back. So i called in like two days later and found out the mother fucker didnt switch me back. So then they said, yes the notes did say he would switch you back, but I guess it never happened for some reason. So then they said you will be switched back within 2 days. and next day it gets switched back.

2 weeks later and my bill is like 50% more expensive ($75 instead of 50)! wtf. they took away all my credits from my old plan. I call back and this bitch on the phone wont give it to me. I kept negotiating saying I didnt even want the new plan and didnt even use it, and after like 45 minutes and her "talking to her manager" I got her to give me back my credits starting next month only, but I will be paying $75 this month. I say, so let me guess this straight, your associate messed up, and now I cant get the refund of $25? she said the system cant do it.

I got pissed off and hang up. called back again with another rep, explained the whole story, he credited me back my $25 bucks without a hassle.

and this is why we all hate telus, rogers and bell. cause they do shady shiet like this. no customer service at all the whole time.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
RS controls my life!

CTV News. Steele On Your Side. Lynda Steele is CTV British Columbia's consumer reporter and host of Steele On Your Side.
CTV British Columbia | Steele on Your Side
Email her your story and see if she will fight for your cause on the 6 oclock news. Good chance the Bell store may fold if bad publicity hits prime time news.
On a side note, it would be rather ironic if she did...Bell media owns CTV
Old 09-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #19
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Whatever happens, please follow up in this thread!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yes, but they do record those phone calls, otherwise there's no proof, just your word against theirs.
The recording is for their protection. Even if they find a recording that doesn't say that you accepted the terms, they don't have any reason to provide you with access to it.

Interesting observation that has come to mind. Ikea is the only company that I've dealt with that efficiently handles call recording. Most companies disclaimer it broadly for call quality purposes in reality it's for the protection of their own company. Whereas Ikea, they actually pinpoint the date, time of the conversation you've had with them, listen to it real time and verify what went on in the conversation with the customer on the regular. This is how all companies that deal with high-volume clients over the phone should operate. It not only ensures that the employees are acting and performing within a reasonable and responsible standard, but also filters out people who try to take advantage of the system with their frivolous claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
holy shiet, this is similar to something that happened to me.

I wanted to inquire about switching to another plan on the phone,I can tell he was trying to upsell me. It sounded decent so I said sure, I'll switch. But literally like 5 seconds later I said, on second thought I'll just keep what I have, and then he said, I'm sorry I already switched you to the other plan, and I said, cant you switch it back?, after hesitating, he said yes he can. So he just said yup, you have now been switched back.

I noticed I had to reset my voicemail and I lost some features that my old plan had so it seemed like it wasn't switched back. So i called in like two days later and found out the mother fucker didnt switch me back. So then they said, yes the notes did say he would switch you back, but I guess it never happened for some reason. So then they said you will be switched back within 2 days. and next day it gets switched back.

2 weeks later and my bill is like 50% more expensive ($75 instead of 50)! wtf. they took away all my credits from my old plan. I call back and this bitch on the phone wont give it to me. I kept negotiating saying I didnt even want the new plan and didnt even use it, and after like 45 minutes and her "talking to her manager" I got her to give me back my credits starting next month only, but I will be paying $75 this month. I say, so let me guess this straight, your associate messed up, and now I cant get the refund of $25? she said the system cant do it.

I got pissed off and hang up. called back again with another rep, explained the whole story, he credited me back my $25 bucks without a hassle.

and this is why we all hate telus, rogers and bell. cause they do shady shiet like this. no customer service at all the whole time.
To be fair...your plan was a custom plan offered to you at the time you negotiated that deal and you gave it up when you accepted the new deal. Buyers remorse..you wanted to go back to the old plan and luckily you managed to get it. But in reality, once you relinquish that deal and if it's not longer an offered or advertised plan, you've lost the rights to it.

Every time I renegotiate, I've been warned that if I relinquish my current plan, there is no guarantee that the plan will still be offered if I decide to switch back at a later time.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end but let's not turn this into a consumer advocacy thread. Before you know, we'll have people complaining about roaming and data charges while they let their kids use YouTube on the drive down to Seattle.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
The recording is for their protection. Even if they find a recording that doesn't say that you accepted the terms, they don't have any reason to provide you with access to it.
And that's the point: if it DOES support their side, they should be more happy to provide it. Otherwise, it's back to their word against yours.

Things like this are why I have a call recorder app on my phone
Quote: