REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

[Mature discussion only] Can non-athletic guys attract athletic girls?

I'm attracted to athletic girls. College athletes, hardcore yoga followers, gym rats, etc. However, I'm not in the best shape of my life. Looking at online dating profiles, I notice these types of girls live their lives at a mile a minute and need equally athletic guys, or at least someone who can keep up with them in the gym or yoga studio.

Biased sample, I know. But I'm hoping beyond hope that as long as I'm not a couch potato, and it looks like I'm doing something to get healthier, it won't be a problem. What do you think?

TatsuyaKataoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i have many big friends that get super hot girls, as long as you got the personality to make up for what you believe to be "flaws" and you are willing to motivate yourself to be as active as they are then they wont look at you in a negative way...

if you sit on a couch all day and drag their life down, eventually they will look at you like a ball and chain and wont want you holding them back..

so the really is "are you willing to work for these girls and have a healthier more active approach on life"

out of curiosity, what type of girls do you usually date.. if any?
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
You could just always lie and say youre not fat, you're just on a bulking cycle... Other than that having money will never hurt your chances with the females
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
i have many big friends that get super hot girls, as long as you got the personality to make up for what you believe to be "flaws" and you are willing to motivate yourself to be as active as they are then they wont look at you in a negative way...

if you sit on a couch all day and drag their life down, eventually they will look at you like a ball and chain and wont want you holding them back..

so the really is "are you willing to work for these girls and have a healthier more active approach on life"

out of curiosity, what type of girls do you usually date.. if any?
'super hot' girls, or athletic girls? Not always the same thing, as true athletic girls will often have completely different interests than out of shape dudes.

Because OP isn't asking about hot girls, he's asking specifically about girls who are athletic and into fitness (presumably real fitness, not just getting skinny which is what most consider to be 'hot')
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #5

i mixed up some words.. message is still the same though, if op feels like a 2 and is looking to score a 7-8 his personality will have to make up the difference, if he wants to keep on of these girls his way of life will need to adapt to theirs also
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuyaKataoka View Post
I'm attracted to athletic girls. College athletes, hardcore yoga followers, gym rats, etc. However, I'm not in the best shape of my life. Looking at online dating profiles, I notice these types of girls live their lives at a mile a minute and need equally athletic guys, or at least someone who can keep up with them in the gym or yoga studio.

Biased sample, I know. But I'm hoping beyond hope that as long as I'm not a couch potato, and it looks like I'm doing something to get healthier, it won't be a problem. What do you think?
Don't trust online profile, is like your resume, everyone makes it perfect. When I did online dating I say I exercise 4 times a week and are into yoga...... well more like I exercise once every two weeks and does yoga once a while. I would say most of the profle online is BS just message them and see what happens.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
i mixed up some words.. message is still the same though, if op feels like a 2 and is looking to score a 7-8 his personality will have to make up the difference, if he wants to keep on of these girls his way of life will need to adapt to theirs also
That's the key here. We're not talking about '2' trying to pick up an '8'. We're talking about people who live completely different lifestyles. I don't think it matters if he can talk up a storm at the gym, if he is a lazy fuck they aren't going to stay interested for very long.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Because OP isn't asking about hot girls, he's asking specifically about girls who are athletic and into fitness (presumably real fitness, not just getting skinny which is what most consider to be 'hot')
Yeah, that's it.

I think I misspoke in my original post. I believe I'm confident and social, I love to make women laugh (up to a point, I refuse to be their monkey), it's just that I'm not a muscle guy. I'm 73 kilos with 19% BF at last check.

And it's not like fitness isn't on my mind, either. I'm seriously considering joining a gym and fixing my diet. I don't mind fixing my lifestyle, up to a point. And that's the crux of my argument-if I'm expected to be as active and energetic (doing the Grouse Grind, their power yoga class, double diamond trails at Whistler) as they are, then there'll be problems.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I have a friend who does fitness competitions....her husband is just a regular guy, doesn't work out, eats normal foods, etc...he is "fat" or anything, but he isn't super fit, etc.

The fact that she goes to the gym all the time and he doesn't is not an issue. Not every couple has to like and do everything together or need to live the exact same lifestyle.

You are attracted to who your attracted to. You will find someone who likes you for you.

And, don't believe these dating ads 100%. Everyone exaggerates. If you see someone you like, message her. If she doesn't respond...move on.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #10

just picking apart words now out of bordom... i didnt say how the level was based, maybe his fitness level is a 2 and hers is an 8... and even then hes gotta make up for it in other ways unless his fitness level is going to jump up..

his original post compared him not being so fit, to very fit girls.. everything i said still applies
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
just tell them that your trying to become as athletic and in shape as they are, so done have them expect you can keep up. my girlfriend tries to be "athletic" a lot (lol), yet when we do the grouse grind, were stopping every 5 minutes for her to rest. when we play sports, after 10 minutes shes either bored or to tired. doesn't matter though, if you can make them laugh, im thinkin your in the good.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I have a friend who does fitness competitions....her husband is just a regular guy, doesn't work out, eats normal foods, etc...he is "fat" or anything, but he isn't super fit, etc.

The fact that she goes to the gym all the time and he doesn't is not an issue. Not every couple has to like and do everything together or need to live the exact same lifestyle.

You are attracted to who your attracted to. You will find someone who likes you for you.

And, don't believe these dating ads 100%. Everyone exaggerates. If you see someone you like, message her. If she doesn't respond...move on.
dating an married are 2 different things.. during the dating stage is when you spend that time doing everything together... when people start dating long term/marriage they spend their recreational time doing what they want rather than what their partners want..

no relationship is going to start healthy if the only thing you guys do is go for dinner and a movie, if this girl enjoys being active and this guy dosnt then someone will be unhappy and need to compromise..

anyone who disagrees has never dated someone that had opposing interests.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
I used to be a regular at YYoga and I've practiced power yoga for years. A lot of people who attend classes at studios like YYoga are a bit self-absorbed, so don't believe all that you read on online profiles.

I've had friends date super-athletic types (the twice-a-day Grouse Grinders) and based on their experiences, I would say that if you aren't that type or aren't willing to change your lifestyle accordingly, it won't work out in the end (though you may get the pleasure of sleeping with a woman with a nice body).
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
the gf runs away from balls being thrown at her
i run towards balls being thrown at me

she likes running
i like to take the car even if it's 5mins away.

she's into biking and so am i. find some common athletic activities and go from there.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
It really depends on if YOU ARE willing to change, and by how much.. and if this girl finds that adequate enough for her.

Fitness freaks could be:
-Extreme dieting to keep down bodyfat %
-Going to the gym 7 days a week or even more
-While not gyming, still doing physical activities (running, biking, sports, yoga)

It really depends how extreme of a fitness freak she is.. and her opinions in regards to who she wants to be with.. You could have a girl that wants a man to keep up with her. Or she could just want a cute-cuddly teddy bear waiting at home for her.

Only advice is: You won't know, until you start to go out and find out.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I have a real problem with this post.

You are asking, "is the fact that I'm attracted to athletic girls a problem if I'm not that athletic myself"

A legit question, which has been answered. You may be able to find a balance between interests, and you get a little more active, and she sits down for a minute or two...whatever.

BUT

I don't think that was your question.

Your question was, "You are asking, "is the fact that I'm attracted to athletic girls a problem if I'm not that athletic myself...because I want to stare at her ass in yoga pants, and I'm attracted to athletic girls with my penis, not really my mind"

Ammmirite?

And that's going to be a problem, because your penis isn't going to want to get a little more active(outside the bedroom), it just wants to treat your new athletic girlfriend like free arousal at home.

If you were so attracted to the gym rat mentality...you would BE a gym rat and HAVE the mentality.

That's why I know you just like the ass

So let's at least start asking honest questions.

"Hey guys...is there a way my less than athletic self can have sex with a piece of hot yoga ass, as that is what makes my Mr. Winky bounce?"

And the answer is yes! But only if she is into your personality because someone that is into gyming that hard isn't going to want to hang out with a sofa magnet that isn't otherwise.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
You are asking, "is the fact that I'm attracted to athletic girls a problem if I'm not that athletic myself"

A legit question, which has been answered. You may be able to find a balance between interests, and you get a little more active, and she sits down for a minute or two...whatever.
That was my question. Anything else would just be judgemental conjecture.

I do not wish to discuss it further. To the rest of you guys, thanks for your helpful advice!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Here's my interpretation of your posts.

You're physically attracted to athletic girls.

You're not mentally attracted to athletic girls, and likewise.

You're interested in dating an athletic girl so you can sleep with them, but their lack of mental attraction to you will be a roadblock.

You're wondering whether that roadblock could be overcome by feigning an athletic mentality through taking up athletic activities.

It won't work; to borrow your words, "there'll be problems."

You'll quit an activity you're into just to attract a girl, and once you quit the activities any dating prospects will quit you.

Date the people you're mentally attracted to not just physically attracted to, as that's the only successful basis for dating.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
You're not mentally attracted to athletic girls, and likewise.
But I am! Focus and discipline, which you need to attain a high level of fitness, are incredibly attractive to me, as is a passion to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It's better than girls whose favorite topics of conversation are the Canucks, partying and pop culture (these are examples but you know what I mean).

I'm not one of those people who thinks with my dick and my dick only. I grew up in an educated family and cannot stand airheads, we need to be intellectually and emotionally compatible.

If you must know, it is a short term goal of mine (3-6 months) to begin and maintain a serious fitness regimen. However, I'm not going to have the physique of a Greek god in 3-6 months. That's why the question, as Gridlock so eloquently put it, was "is the fact that I'm attracted to athletic girls a problem if I'm not that athletic myself". I'm not up to their level of fitness-yet. But I wish to be.

Do I sound like a flip-flopper? Probably. But your posts have challenged me to reassess my views and life goals, and I can't say that about a lot of things that have happened in my life recently.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
make money, don't be a loser, dress decently, act decently, and you can get any type of girl you want.

I know tons of guys that workout, but their gf's don't.

when you say athletic, do u mean fit? or one that likes to do outdoor activities?

I know some girls/guys that are fit but never do out door shit. they just hit the gym and thats it. no hikes, no chief, no jogs or whatever.

it really depends on the person. some ppl do it for themselves. some ppl do it because they think that's a standard everyone should adhere to.

i personally dont think two ppl have to have complete similar interests to be together. they just have to have a few similar interests. whether it be an activity, or the way they think, or some value.

like i said, a mutual interest is always money, security, and someone with a good personality that isnt a slob.

so... yeah.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Banned By Establishment

It seems like you are attracted to girls who have "focus and discipline", intelligence, and emotional stability.......AND a hot body. Which is cool....but just say it. If the chick had everything you wanted upstairs, but was....hairy...or fat, you wouldn't want anything to do with her.

People can be healthy, eat well, go to the gym, etc but not be "athletic". You seem to be focused on the "athletic" part over anything else to the point where you are clicking on these profiles based of whether they appear to be athletic...over, lets say, education level (which you say is the MOST important).

Tatsuyakataoka's POF search:

Body type: Athletic
Education: Any

If you say you are attract to focus and discipline and not leading with your dick, maybe you should change your search. Maybe then, you wouldn't be so self-conscious. Cause I'll tell ya the number one thing you need to worry about...the number one thing every chick wants regardless of athletic ability....is confidence.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
make money, don't be a loser, dress decently, act decently, and you can get any type of girl you want.

I know tons of guys that workout, but their gf's don't.

when you say athletic, do u mean fit? or one that likes to do outdoor activities?

I know some girls/guys that are fit but never do out door shit. they just hit the gym and thats it. no hikes, no chief, no jogs or whatever.

it really depends on the person. some ppl do it for themselves. some ppl do it because they think that's a standard everyone should adhere to.

i personally dont think two ppl have to have complete similar interests to be together. they just have to have a few similar interests. whether it be an activity, or the way they think, or some value.

like i said, a mutual interest is always money, security, and someone with a good personality that isnt a slob.

so... yeah.
So rare that I agree with Ulic's posts....but this is the truth. You don't need to have similar interests...things like hobbies, music, movies, etc...none of that shit really matter. Morals, ethics, goals, personality, etc...whatever you want to call it, is the most important.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Disregard this post. I misread.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

wtf is fake asian?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuyaKataoka View Post
That was my question. Anything else would just be judgemental conjecture.

I do not wish to discuss it further. To the rest of you guys, thanks for your helpful advice!
Love it when people look for advice, and only want to hear the answer they were looking for.

I don't think I was that far off as I read it and interpreted it as looking for ass, and Mindbomber read it, and interpreted it as you looking for ass, so maybe there is a small part of you that is looking for ass, man.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: