REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
but it was safer then too...
we always had warnings of razors in candies back when we were kids and i seem to recall local cases hitting the news more often then too

just check your kids haul
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #27
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Don't come around d BCIT (norfolk). There is like no giving out candies . I think because there isn't many family with kids. Last year I got a bag of kit kat and less than 5 people knock on my door. Around 9lish one kid knock on the door and I gave him the whole bag of candies.
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
I only take my kids to malls now.. much safer.. heard nasty things about idiots that put razors inside stuff... it may not be the traditional way like when we were kids back then.. but it was safer then too... times have changed...
Sorry had to fail because you're living in fear. Its your job as a parent to inspect the candy.

My neighbourhood is fantastic at halloween. Just about every house is decorated and maybe 2 or 3 out of the ~50 homes on our route don't participate. Lots of kids running from door to door collecting candy, just like when I was a kid.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Huh?

Go to the british properties in west van. Sure the houses are far apart and the roads are hilly, but you actually get good candy. instead of lollipops and rockets, you get mars bars and snickers. Many houses give full size candy bars, and many houses will give kids LOTS of candy because they buy a big box and only get two or three kids that actually brave the weather and hills to go trick or treating.

I lived in a house with a pretty long driveway, and used to dump about half of one of those boxes of kit-kats and coffee crisps into every kids bag, of course I would always have leftovers to eat for the next couple days.

And there were always the houses that simply left out bowls of candy and went away for the night, these are like jackpots if you are asshole enough to take all the candy they leave out. (if you go around 630 to 7ish you can make it to these houses before anyone else).
my bad,i meant west side of van, like around granville st. and oak.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I bet you're one of those sick freaks who hand out organic pesticide free apples with a Merkur razor blade inside them and along with it, a pamphlet that says "Don't eat meat!" on the front.
DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME, BRO!!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #31
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,576 Posts
They said that the whole razor thing was actually a myth and there was never a report (in Canada) at least of it happening
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
If your in Burnaby, it's still crowded around the 2nd Street Elementary school. They also have a fireworks show every year.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

The razor thing is a myth.

I went to one of those old bungalows and you see his creepy old hippie guy inside. You would stereotype of think that this isn't the house to trick or treat at but you know what...the guy inside is probably one of the more kids friendly homes and gave out lots of candy.

I just hope it doesn't rain like last year so time won't be cut so short.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

The last time I went trick-or-treating was with my buddy and his little nephews.

We were in the vicinity or Cambie and King Edward area. To be more specific, it was W. 16th to King Edward and between Oak and Cambie. Almost every house participated and almost all of them were very generous.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Anyone else go to the Dave Chapelle's comedy tour? He talked about razor's in candy.

He was bang on about it. Anyone who does this is likely an idiot.

I mean what do you do, put a razor in a piece of candy then the next day you pray and scour all the newspapers to see if some kid was hurt by a razor blade in his candy?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #36
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,250 Times in 3,275 Posts
Solar West. It's a complex just west of Boundary Road near Rumble. My sister lives close by and I used to take my kids there all the time. Houses so close together and they always gave good stuff. Now this was like 20 years ago, LOL, but I can't imagine it being different today.

As a parent it was like heaven on a hellish night. You could just stand there and watch the kids go to like 15 doors and they'd be within sight.

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #37
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Don't come around d BCIT (norfolk). There is like no giving out candies . I think because there isn't many family with kids. Last year I got a bag of kit kat and less than 5 people knock on my door. Around 9lish one kid knock on the door and I gave him the whole bag of candies.
if you live near Norfolk and bcit...im walking up and down the street till I find your house.

i'll be the guy that's half drunk, in shorts and a wife beater with stains all over it, sandals and a cigar.

I want snickers this time...none of that kit kat shit
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #38
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I mean what do you do, put a razor in a piece of candy then the next day you pray and scour all the newspapers to see if some kid was hurt by a razor blade in his candy?
Um..ya, that's probably what that guy would do if he put a razor in a candy.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #39
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Surrey newton area. Lotssssss of kids and houses giving out candy. Surrey is for families who want cheap housing, so lots of kids.
Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #40
Need my Daily Fix of RS

westwood plateau in coquitlam
buddha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #41
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Side Note, the radio was stating that a lot of schools aren't allowing kids to dress up for halloween because the schools don't want to offend any religions
Dafuq?!

Since my elementary school days, all the way through ugrad, people have always dressed up for Hallowe'en. Not everybody does, but at least a portion of students and teachers and staff always join in on the fun. I distinctly remember that back in elementary school, teachers encouraged us to dress up, even if it was only something simple like face paint or a simple rubber mask.

In any case, I thought most trick or treating now happens at the malls. It is not the same experience as it was, but at least it is still something.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Parents bring kids to malls for trick or treat nowadays...
EliteResearcher is offline   Reply With Quote