REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
^
maybe they figure it's more efficient to just hand out some free locks rather than chase opportunistic car thieves down the street.
Yes, but car thieves are thieves.

So, even assuming that every body that owns these cars take one(they won't) and uses it(nope) that thief isn't just going to say, "fuck it, guess its back to work for me tomorrow".

They either hit another car, or a house or something else, so you will see no decrease in crime, but we spent what, tens of thousands providing you with the "Government Club".

It's a waste of money. Pure and simple. From a group of bureaucrats that are in the business of wasting money. And they waste it because we keep giving it to them.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #27
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
^ if people care about their car they will have anti-theft devices in mind.. i hope anyways!

where you park has alot to do with it, i am only driveway parked infront of a huge window "master bedroom"

i wont get into detail of my security devices but i have bet a few friends money, given them my car key and come back 10 mins later with them still having no luck moving my car an inch... thieves will steal what is easy to steal.

it is no surprise what cars are on this list.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Introducing, The "Obama Club"

Yes, for a limited time offer, from the people that brought you the Obama Phone, its...THE OBAMA CLUB.

Never let personal responsibility get in your way of getting your very own, taxpayer provided "Obama Club".

Parking in a dimly lit ghetto? Not a problem
Leave your car unlocked at night? Not a problem
Can afford a car, but can't afford a club? Not a problem
Because Surrey? Not a problem

Because now you can get the "Obama Club".

In no way is this an endorsemnt of the Obama Club. Not actually affiliated with Obama.

Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote