REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 10-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Detailed: 2010 Subaru WRX STI - Lightning Red

I've been bugging my close friend about detailing his car for some time and he finally let me at it.

Products used:

Decontamination: Auto Finesse Iron Out
Clay: Riccardo Yellow
Machine: Flex 3401
Pads: Buff & Shine 5.5" Orange (compound), Green (polish), Blue (Glaze/Sealant)
Compound: Menzerna FG400
Polish: Sonax Perfect Finish
Last Step Protection: Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze topped with Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.
Wheels: Sonax Full Effect
Tires: Adam's Super VRT Dressing

This car is washed very often by its enthusiast owner with Optimum No Rinse using the Garry Dean method of washing - using multiple pre-soaked microfiber towels and therefore not having to re-use any towel while washing.

Overall, the car was in very good condition coming in. Clay and decontamination went very quickly.

When the car arrived:

After spraying the car with Auto Finesse Iron Out and claying, I brought it inside for an inspection. This car went for a trackday recently and brought back some friends:

Once the wax was stripped this was the general condition of the car:

Some 50/50's after compounding with FG400

Scuff/scratch on the rear bumper step

All gone!

Scratch on the roof

Cleaned up

Another pair of scratches on the roof

Cleaned up

After polishing with Sonax Perfect Finish

Brought her out for another wash after compounding & polishing to remove all the dust and polishing oils.

Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze applied and then topped with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. The red looks dripping wet now.

Rear end with LSP

You can really see the difference in depth and colour in this shot as the bumper had not had LSP applied yet. Look at where the bumper meets the fender.

A couple of more beauty shots showing the dripping wet paint and massive Work Meisters.

A fantastic car to work on. Thanks to the owner for letting me steal the car from him

Kev
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

very nice, how long did it take for the whole session ? I see the pictures which start from day light to evening =)
gn02156668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Looks good!
unkicrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn02156668 View Post
very nice, how long did it take for the whole session ? I see the pictures which start from day light to evening =)
The entire job took about 12-13 hours. 8pm-10pm on the first evening washing, decontaminating and claying.

Then 9am-7pm on the second day to for 2-stage correction with two layers of LSP.

Kev
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Hard work pay off , I am sure the owner really appreciates that All we need is the sun !!
gn02156668 is offline   Reply With Quote