REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Mortgage Refinancing

Long time lurker, first time posting

A friend of mine wants to take out a loan from his property and refinance it since interest rates are so low and he wants to start a small business. Sounds simple enough but there are three owners including himself for his property and they've talked to the bank that issued their mortgage before and the bank said they would need all 3 owners to agree with it and can't just borrow his portion from the house. The house is fully paid off.

His other friend recommended him talk with a company called Tudor Mortgage and he did, they wanted almost $2000 in legal/lawyer fees and 8% interest rate for the amount he wants to borrow, which seems awfully high.

Does anyone know of another method where he can take a part of his equity out of his property and refinance it himself or is that the only way?

Can anyone recommend an institution that offers less than 8% for this kind of service? I haven't looked into it personally since it's not my property and I don't know how much he wants to borrow or the evaluation of his property is.
Advertisement
AboveAndBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Tell your friend to check these 2 links out:

Borrowing on Home Equity

Shopping around for a Line of Credit
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
The only option would be to complete an Independent Legal Advice document with a lawyer. Basically what it means is if you were to get a mortgage, the two other owners must legally know that their property is being held as a collateral. Should the guy default on the payments, the bank will have to be paid off first. I highly doubt the two other guys will be okay with it.
Posted via RS Mobile
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: