REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Underarmor Wear

anyone here wear underarmour compression and find it helps with getting rid of sweat?
Advertisement
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I wear the Nike ones, they actually keep me warm but does get rid of sweat.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
+1 nike

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

compression is the best for wicking away sweat. It does get a little moist but gets dried out in a couple minutes.

I only have under armour because it went on sale for a great deal.. I'm sure they all work the same.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
I wear the same pair of icebreaker merino wool underwear and shirt for 14 days in a row at work and can't smell them when I am done and haven't had any complaints I stink.
sdubfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #6

Icebreakers are expensive, 100 bucks? there's an up to 70% off sale on Nov 2/3 in Vancouver.

I cheaped out and got some paradox from Costco (11% Merino). Decent but already iffy stitching and one item ripped in the first week.

Have you ever tried Paradox and thoughts between the two? I've had a 100% merino sweater and that was incredible, so I can only imagine how much of a difference it would be to the Paradox underwear base layer.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I got a couple of take five cheapies from ebay.. China made. I use them for hockey. Works fine and for a fraction of the price.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Icebreakers are expensive, 100 bucks? there's an up to 70% off sale on Nov 2/3 in Vancouver.

I cheaped out and got some paradox from Costco (11% Merino). Decent but already iffy stitching and one item ripped in the first week.

Have you ever tried Paradox and thoughts between the two? I've had a 100% merino sweater and that was incredible, so I can only imagine how much of a difference it would be to the Paradox underwear base layer.
I just bought those same ones at costco :c figured they would be good for mildly cold days, plus i only have 3 pairs so im up late doing laundry.. sucks when you are doing 16 hour shifts

i have a nice Nike undershirt that i use to use for hockey, it works great and keeps me dry without any smell
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Used almost every dry fit type shirt

Helly Hansen is the best in every type they put out, warm, dry, and cool their stuff is amazing, I almost gave up on the whole theory of whisking away moisture until I used their products, typically they are a little more but you get what you pay for
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Helly hansen makes great products overall, much like arcteryx, there stuff is just well R&D'd and well made.

Back on point though, I rock an underarmour compression turtle neck as my base layer for snowboarding, and when I used to play hockey.

I'm not someone who sweats profusely, so my only goal was to have something really light that kept me at a good temperature. And for that the UA base layer worked extremely well, I have used a bunch and own a few currently. Im sure the differences between the nike dry fit stuff and UA stuff is minimal, so pick whichever you like or can get cheaper.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I wear UA compression everyday for my run, winter or summer it works great. I usually wear it as a baselayer to keep the sweat away from my hoodie or jacket. I have nike compression too but i like UA more.

Nike makes better fitted dri fit shirts then UA tho

Last edited by wingies; 10-24-2013 at 07:27 PM.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
I wear UA compression everyday for my run, winter or summer it works great. I usually wear it as a baselayer to keep the sweat away from my hoodie or jacket. I have nike compression too but i like UA more.

Nike makes better fitted dri fit shirts then UA tho
personally, UA fits better for me
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I use a Bauer full body compression suit for hockey. Helps a lot with wicking moisture away. The whole point of it is so the fabric doesn't lock everything in like a sponge and then have your skin swimming in it for the duration you have it on (wet towel on neck affect).

One warning though, for some people here: Compression suits are made with a lot of synthetic fibers. Some are a lot tighter knitted together than standard cotton. It tends to lock in a lot of the residue left over from sweat inside the fabrics, and washing may not take it out. Suits may start to stink over time and use if not washed on the regular. Even then, it's not guaranteed.

IF that happens, soak it in a 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and water to get all the stuff out.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #14

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolowtone View Post
I just bought those same ones at costco :c figured they would be good for mildly cold days, plus i only have 3 pairs so im up late doing laundry.. sucks when you are doing 16 hour shifts

i have a nice Nike undershirt that i use to use for hockey, it works great and keeps me dry without any smell
I work at Costco. I've have the paradox men's top for a while. I bought the medium an it's way too big. (Which is odd cuz I'm not small) so I might return and buy a small. I picked up the medium men's base layer pants. Seem comfy at the waist and thighs but its pretty tight on the calves. Ill just b wearing it under shorts for cycling or running
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
For those using compression clothing for base layer, how often do you have to wash it?

Say I go for a run today and get all sweaty, will the clothes be dry tomorrow?
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #16

Double post
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #17
RS Veteran

even if it dries, i wash all my dri fit stuff after every use. even if the material is meant to "wick" the sweat away, it is gross and bacteria/fungus can still potentially grow on it
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Yeah you still gotta wash it man
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #19

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
-I wear UA underwear. They cost more than other underwear. (Approximately $20/pair at outlet in states) I find them to be well worth the money and they do keep me dry.
Shirts/shorts are pretty good too I wear them when I work out. Softer than Nike.

-I find Nike dri fit to be not as good for wicking away moisture. They feel like just any ordinary polyester to me. I read somewhere that Nike dri fit quality went downhill once started using recycled stuff.

-Costco's Paradox base layers are OK. I wear them under my Carhartts when I work outside in the cold all day. I suppose they are OK for wicking away sweat since I stay relatively dry.

I've always washed all of the previous items after one use. I sweat quite a lot.

Off topic... but when you sweat you release all these fats/oils the bacteria come have a partying/orgy and multiply like crazy. Then they make poo poo all over and that's why it starts to stink. This is why I wash my sweaty clothes after one use.

Last edited by Matlock; 10-26-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I work at Costco. I've have the paradox men's top for a while. I bought the medium an it's way too big. (Which is odd cuz I'm not small) so I might return and buy a small. I picked up the medium men's base layer pants. Seem comfy at the waist and thighs but its pretty tight on the calves. Ill just b wearing it under shorts for cycling or running
Posted via RS Mobile
I take this back....I only like the paradox base layer pants. Even then, I find paradox to be oddly fitting.

I agree, I got the medium top and it was big. So I got the small, and even then, the sleeves are a tad long. @ 5'8" and broad build and longer arm reach. So, I'm not sure on who paradox is sizing up for these measurements. These small guys must have retarded long reaches, with a 6ft long wing span.

The base layers are the only decent ones. I'll stick with this and buy the true north tops for $ 20 (100% merino).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
For those using compression clothing for base layer, how often do you have to wash it?

Say I go for a run today and get all sweaty, will the clothes be dry tomorrow?
Posted via RS Mobile
yes, Compression clothes don't dry as fast as these wicking clothes. Will it dry tomorrow? Depends if you leave it in a warm place under a heater vent for example. But wash it after every use, if you can.

From this thread, I guess it's, if you have the money, get Icebreakers; if you want more affordable, get underarmour. Good to know.

Last edited by subordinate; 10-26-2013 at 10:05 AM.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Yea even if you need it soon and cant wash it away, at least soak in water and handwash then hang dry. Dont just leave it there and wear it again lol
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #22
Banned By Establishment

as long as it is polyester it will wick away sweat
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #23
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
nike pro combat and UA for me

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #24
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
just a random tip:

regarding the moisture, baby powder works pretty well
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #25

Costco richmond has under armour "tech" t-shirts in right now. S-XXL sizes but small sell fast. They has white, black, grey and a few patterns. They are 17.99 and seems like a good price to me. I picked up two shirts and tomorrow will probably grab a 3rd
Posted via RS Mobile