REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Rob Ford video recovered by Toronto police" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689720-rob-ford-video-recovered-toronto-police.html)

PeanutButter 10-31-2013 09:30 AM

"Rob Ford video recovered by Toronto police"

To those of you who are interested, it seems like the Toronto police recovered a hard drive that had video, photo, and other files that were deleted. They managed to salvage some of those files, which included video/pictures of Mayor Rob Ford allegedly smoking crack.

Crazy digital age.. Nothing is safe anymore.
Rob Ford video recovered by Toronto police: Chief Bill Blair | National Post

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com...dpic.jpg?w=620

Confrontation with the press and Rob Ford

Cman333 10-31-2013 09:58 AM

This shit again......Poor guy. Seemed like a good Mayor for TO until this shit happened

Gridlock 10-31-2013 09:59 AM

So Canadian...."get off my property, partner. Which part don't you understand, eh?"

"Get off my drivewayeh"

Gridlock 10-31-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cman333 (Post 8350673)
This shit again......Poor guy. Seemed like a good Mayor for TO until this shit happened

Sarcasm?

4444 10-31-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cman333 (Post 8350673)

He smokes crack - clearly his decision making process is flawed. Wouldn't want him in control of anything, especially not tax dollars.

Sorry to say, but I could never trust a junkie

Gumby 10-31-2013 10:09 AM

This guy simply LOOKS like a sleazeball. I wAnder what other crap he has done...

Gridlock 10-31-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8350679)
He smokes crack - clearly his decision making process is flawed. Wouldn't want him in control of anything, especially not tax dollars.

Sorry to say, but I could never trust a junkie

Well, his decision making skills didn't even have him using a quality drug like cocaine, so that's enough right there.

PeanutButter 10-31-2013 10:12 AM

I've been in Toronto for a few years now and I haven't heard anything bad about Mayor Ford or his policies, well minus this crack stuff. From what I can tell, he seems to be running the city pretty well.

The interviews of him in the Metro newspaper over the years make him sound very logical and intelligent in regards to decision/policy making. Also, the city of Ottawa tried to recruit Mayor Ford to run for office there. Which, leads me to believe he is pretty competent at what he does.

Too bad, because this will probably end his career.

Gridlock 10-31-2013 10:16 AM

You know, it makes me think about something. Provincially, we've done somewhat poorly in the political track record. Everyone resigns, not always under controversy, but definitely with asterisks.

In terms of municipal politics though, we do fairly well. Mayor Moonbeam may run a little left for most people, but he looks normal on tv, says the right things and keeps his nose clean. And all the mayors before that have gone on to have quality careers, either in politics or not after leaving office.

In the other cities...I have a personal beef with Burnaby's Corrigan, and Dino has irrational hate for Delta's Cruella DeVille but everyone seems to work for the benefit of their cities.

I think its a huge benefit that we aren't always grateful for. Even the weird dude in the wheelchair who let that guy do drugs in his back seat got ousted pretty quick so we didn't have to hear about his shenanigans.

dinosaur 10-31-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8350688)
and Dino has irrational hate for Delta's Cruella DeVille .

It ain't irrational, yo. Bitch is a cunt.

Gridlock 10-31-2013 10:25 AM

Guys...drama followed Rob Ford long before he took up the pipe.

The conflict of interest TRIAL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Ford_conflict_of_interest_trial
He was almost removed from office for that one.

His policies in terms of the city itself have been good. He also kept a large amount of campaign promises.

His actions outside city hall though, have landed him as a national mockery for his bit with the CBC once, and his bit with his radio show a second time, and internationally when he was being mocked on Jimmy Kimmel(which wasn't really his fault).

That said, EVERY time he's in front of the camera, shit just seems to go wrong. Including today with giving people the boots in front of his house. Oh! And reading the newspaper while fucking driving. He's only been mayor for 3 years!

It's embarrassing, and sadly, its all part of the job. Any other politician would make a comment of "I have no comment", get in his car and drive out. Not him.

Hondaracer 10-31-2013 10:46 AM

4 of my best friends all live in TO now and they've said pretty much that 75% or more of TO support ford, it's mostly an outsider POV that he's a crazy clown who doesn't know what he's doing g
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 10-31-2013 11:15 AM

I would take the crack smoking Ford over Mayor Moonbeam any day of the week!!

tool001 10-31-2013 11:39 AM

some good policies ,, bad image...

Gridlock 10-31-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8350748)
I would take the crack smoking Ford over Mayor Moonbeam any day of the week!!

Best of both worlds. I'm pretty sure Moonbeam was on crack when he came up with some of the bike lanes.

melloman 10-31-2013 12:32 PM

Rob Ford:
-Smokes crack.

Gregor Robertson:
-Millions in bike lanes
-Wants to demolish viaducts (less traffic, more room for bikes)
-Took out lanes on Burrard bridge
-Wants to take out lanes on Granville bridge

I support Rob Ford. :thumbsup: Atleast on crack, he still has a clearer mind then Good Guy Gregor.

wstce92 10-31-2013 12:49 PM

If Toronto doesn't want him, I would do and give anything to trade shitbag asshole gregor for Rob Ford

dvst8 10-31-2013 02:35 PM

I wouldn't want moonbeam or cracky. Nenshi is the man.

GS8 10-31-2013 04:49 PM

Fat crack heads are such a mind fuck to me.

Moonbeam is just another tool in in the outhouse.

Soundy 10-31-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8350686)
I've been in Toronto for a few years now and I haven't heard anything bad about Mayor Ford or his policies, well minus this crack stuff. From what I can tell, he seems to be running the city pretty well.

The interviews of him in the Metro newspaper over the years make him sound very logical and intelligent in regards to decision/policy making. Also, the city of Ottawa tried to recruit Mayor Ford to run for office there. Which, leads me to believe he is pretty competent at what he does.

Too bad, because this will probably end his career.

The catch is, the crack thing - ASSUMING it's true - has nothing to do with his policies and how he runs things. I mean, if he was fucking the city up, then yeah, blame it on an altered state... but if he's actually doing good by the city, then ousting him over his personal life seems petulant at best. Kind of like... well, how about voting down a tax change that would be an overall benefit, just because you have a personal beef with the person who brought it in?

Was listening to bits of the Bill Good show this morning, and when he was wrapping up his segment for the day, chatting with his producer, the producer mentioned the Rob Ford story... Bill noted how it had pushed Steven Harper, Mike Duffy and the Senate off the top of the news, to which the producer replied that Harper should send Ford some flowers...

...and I thought, "or a Senate appointment."

Of course, any competent defense attorney could easily make the case that though the person in those stills above LOOKS like Ford, it's not clear enough for positive identification. I've seen criminals get off with better video than that... I've also seen them convicted based on poorer video.

Bouncing Bettys 10-31-2013 05:28 PM

Dude in his position should be freebasing, but I guess he's a "man of the people" and decided to go with the more available crack cocaine.

I don't really care about what drugs someone uses as long as it doesn't effect their ability to take care of their responsibilities.

Prescription drugs can be just as deadly and addictive as illegal drugs so I don't see a point in condemning someone for one over the other or even praising someone over another.

To me, its much more concerning, more so in the US, that someone who openly identifies as an atheist has much more difficulty getting elected to public office while someone who believes in an imaginary being in the sky, a 6000yr old earth, etc can get in no problem.

Manic! 10-31-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8351051)
The catch is, the crack thing - ASSUMING it's true - has nothing to do with his policies and how he runs things. I mean, if he was fucking the city up, then yeah, blame it on an altered state... but if he's actually doing good by the city, then ousting him over his personal life seems petulant at best.

When your in public office your personal life matters. On top of that he was breaking the law. If your boss found out you were smoking crack would you still have a job?

westopher 10-31-2013 11:38 PM

Judging from the crack head piece of shit I work with, yes unfortunately.:okay:

ae101 11-01-2013 12:33 AM

i rather have this guy then any of the current mayors in bc period

ilovebacon 11-01-2013 02:26 AM

Some people actually think he's doing a great job as a mayor. Smoking crack isn't a big deal. Maybe he only does it to release stress. Not anyone can be a major..
Posted via RS Mobile