REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Lets Talk About People That Wear Glasses Frames (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689805-lets-talk-about-people-wear-glasses-frames.html)

ae101 11-03-2013 01:21 AM

Lets Talk About People That Wear Glasses Frames

is there a reason why people wear glasses from?

i try it out 6 months ago & realize i look pretty good in them, i dont need to wear glasses at all but i find that i look less young with them on

u could say this is kind of my reason for it, but im just asking is this just an asian hipster trend or something like that (seriously i sometimes think i get sucked in too trends like this for no reason)
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 11-03-2013 02:19 AM

asian hipster with glasses checking in. i wear them because my idol wears them.

Phuck Yu 11-03-2013 02:53 PM

just wear w/e u like

BrRsn 11-03-2013 02:56 PM

Well as an independent film producer, I find the black lines provided by my thick-framed tom ford glasses give me a view almost identical to that of my 16 by 9 professional recording camera. I leave the glass out to circumvent the potential reflection/glare issues, and so women can see my beautiful hazel eyes unadulterated, in all their natural beauty.

Also, they black frames go well with my black moustache.

bcrdukes 11-03-2013 06:59 PM

I like the extra bit of douchebaggery it adds to ones dry, soulless personality. It's a nice touch.

nabs 11-03-2013 07:03 PM

don't be a dick and wear glasses with no lenses though. I fucken hate people that do that.

I wear my glasses because I have to, and I don't like wearing them but im nearly blind if I don't.

bcrdukes 11-03-2013 07:23 PM

Wow, okay there, Judgey McJudge. :inoutugh:

SB7 11-03-2013 07:29 PM

I have black-rimmed glasses which are about 33% hipster but also have a slight prescription, under 100 for each eye. I wear them once in a while, but I feel like it makes my eyesight worse, but not while i'm wearing them, but afterwards. Like my 19/20 vision is suddenly not good enough, 1080P only bitch, 720P is for suckas!

ae101 11-03-2013 09:12 PM

well i never had to wear glasses as i never had a serious vision problem, but i do like how i looking with the glasses on (with the frame that is)

Marshall Placid 11-03-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8353367)
well i never had to wear glasses as i never had a serious vision problem, but i do like how i looking with the glasses on (with the frame that is)

Good for you (seriously).

To test: if you have the bravado: ask random female strangers if you look better with glasses or without.

Go from there.

bcrdukes 11-04-2013 12:28 AM

FS: Black framed glasses (worn by me) made by Oliver Peoples

I will punch out the prescriptions lens for free.

Asking price: $500 and it will guarantee you good looks and charisma. For an extra $20, I will stand there and tell you how amazing you look and Instagram it on my Twitter account so you will for sure, be the talk of the town. #glasses

(Disclaimer: Results my vary.)

P.S. - I wore these before they were cool.

MindBomber 11-04-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8353265)
don't be a dick and wear glasses with no lenses though. I fucken hate people that do that.

I wear glasses without lenses on occasion, I like the look.

I hope you don't fucken hate me. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8353367)
i do like how i looking with the glasses on

That's all that matters, wear them.

nabs 11-04-2013 05:30 PM

I'm guessing dino does the same.. lol ^^^

Iceman-19 11-04-2013 05:39 PM

We should rename this thread "People I want to punch in the face and break their glassless frames each and every time I see them"

Mr.HappySilp 11-04-2013 06:07 PM

Need to wear glasses. Without them I am pretty much blind lol. Try contacts before and I just don't like the feeling of having nothing in front of my eyes (like protection I guess), also my eyes get really dry and unconfortable when using contacts.
The good thing about glasses is that I can wear them all day (contacts usually you can wear up to 18hours before you have to take them off) and is easy to put on.

Iceman-19 11-04-2013 06:12 PM

This isnt about people that need and wear glasses. This is about retards that wear empty frames like hipster phaggots.

ae101 11-04-2013 07:07 PM

not everyone is a hipster lol that wear frames
Posted via RS Mobile

nabs 11-04-2013 07:21 PM

^^^
would beg to differ.

wearing frames/glasses when you don't need to?

MindBomber 11-04-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8353962)
We should rename this thread "People I want to punch in the face and break their glassless frames each and every time I see them"

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8353953)

I'm legitimately curious; what's so bothersome about it?

I choose other accessories, clothes, and a hair cut to achieve to a certain look and not strictly for function; I don't see glasses any differently.

nabs 11-04-2013 07:32 PM

^^^
I consider it a disability because it took away my ability to go into a career I have always wanted to be in. Why would you be mocking someone's disability. I know a lot of people wear glasses nowadays for legitimate reasons however making glasses a fashion trend is like people limping around in crutches because it looks cool. That is how I see it.

It angers me when I see it because, those people don't know how its like to have to NEED to wear them all the time. They are very generally expensive and a lot of people that NEED them cannot afford them (thank jeebus for clearly contacts). I think its a stupid trend that needs to stop.

bcrdukes 11-04-2013 07:42 PM

Must it have to be said?

Haters gonna hate.

dinosaur 11-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8353953)

Nah man, I just don't waste my hate on what people wear.

People wear what they want to wear.

But its cool if you do, I guess.

dinosaur 11-04-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8354072)
^^^
I consider it a disability because it took away my ability to go into a career I have always wanted to be in. Why would you be mocking someone's disability. I know a lot of people wear glasses nowadays for legitimate reasons however making glasses a fashion trend is like people limping around in crutches because it looks cool. That is how I see it.

It angers me when I see it because, those people don't know how its like to have to NEED to wear them all the time. They are very generally expensive and a lot of people that NEED them cannot afford them (thank jeebus for clearly contacts). I think its a stupid trend that needs to stop.

Question:

I have reading glasses. Some times I NEED them, other times I don't.

How does this make you feel?

nabs 11-04-2013 08:10 PM

If you need them then you need them.

But I think i've made my views clear. its not my thread to jack, sorry OP. That was my opinion.

MindBomber 11-04-2013 08:12 PM

Hipsters didn't turn glasses into a fashion trend. The wearers of prescription glasses turned them into a fashion trend. The abundance of designer frames is evidence. Glasses are thus not strictly medical devices, like crutches or a prosthetic. In following, wearing glasses is not mocking a disability like faking a limp. It's not a unique trend. In the past canes were made fashionable and not strictly medical. I necessarily use a cane some days and am not offended by this trend. It's unfortunate your disability's altered your career path; my disability altered my career path. It sucks, I know.

It's outright silly to say, "they are very generally expensive and a lot of people that NEED them cannot afford them." A starving person in Africa needs food, but you still buy concert tickets, instead of sending every spare dollar to aid relief.