REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   ICBC question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689808-icbc-question.html)

noclue 11-03-2013 10:30 AM

ICBC question

Hi,

my friend spun out and got into a single vehicle accident. His car was a beater so he didnt buy collision. The car is totalled and at a towing place. I'm assuming that ICBC won't write off the car and he is responsible for disposing the car at a junkyard? His insurance won't go up because they're not going to pay him out right?

Thanks!

CRS 11-03-2013 10:32 AM

Instead of asking here, why not just call ICBC since they'll have a definite answer?

Their phone number for General Inquiries: 604-661-2800

Also, "friend" eh?

noclue 11-03-2013 10:44 AM

I was just looking for personal experiences that a fellow forum member can share (if any)

I don't have a beater

spacebjorn 11-03-2013 11:39 AM

strong username to post correlation

fliptuner 11-03-2013 12:52 PM

At most he'll be on the hook for towing, storage and disposal, maybe property damage (if he hit a sign, fence, etc.).

Edison_Chen 11-03-2013 01:43 PM

If there's no other damage (other people property) then his insurance premiums will not go up.
Posted via RS Mobile

meme405 11-03-2013 08:53 PM

Fuck city signs are so expensive. I hit one a yield signs like 3 years ago it costed like $450 for it to be replaced.

All they had to buy was a length of tube, take the sign off the old tube and install the new length of tube in the hole with the sign mounted on it... I don't know how they managed to make it become that expensive....:ohgodwhy:

dyan 11-03-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8353357)
Fuck city signs are so expensive. I hit one a yield signs like 3 years ago it costed like $450 for it to be replaced.

All they had to buy was a length of tube, take the sign off the old tube and install the new length of tube in the hole with the sign mounted on it... I don't know how they managed to make it become that expensive....:ohgodwhy:

The 5 city workers it takes to watch them put the yield sign in :troll:

Mr.HappySilp 11-03-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Because is made in Canada and not made in China.

quasi 11-04-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

It's actually not that unreasonable, they probably brought a new sign out and charged a minimum of 4 hours to change it I'm actually surprised it wasn't more.

You have to remember you don't get charged for just the time the guy works on the sign, he has to get a sign, drive there, put the new sign up and then go somewhere else, you're paying for all that time and there aren't many people out there in any company that bill less then 4 hours minimum for anything. They aren't going to rely on the original sign being fixable they'll bring a brand new one with.

gars 11-04-2013 08:45 AM

^^ yep, what he said.

If you think a yield sign is expensive - never, EVER, hit a street light.

FerrariEnzo 11-04-2013 08:49 AM

your life is ruined and your going to go to jail!! :troll:

Its better to call the tow yard and do a General inquiry about a car being left there for eternity... lol...