REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

ICBC question

Hi,

my friend spun out and got into a single vehicle accident. His car was a beater so he didnt buy collision. The car is totalled and at a towing place. I'm assuming that ICBC won't write off the car and he is responsible for disposing the car at a junkyard? His insurance won't go up because they're not going to pay him out right?

Thanks!
Advertisement
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Instead of asking here, why not just call ICBC since they'll have a definite answer?

Their phone number for General Inquiries: 604-661-2800

Also, "friend" eh?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I was just looking for personal experiences that a fellow forum member can share (if any)

I don't have a beater
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

strong username to post correlation
spacebjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
At most he'll be on the hook for towing, storage and disposal, maybe property damage (if he hit a sign, fence, etc.).

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
I'm invisible

If there's no other damage (other people property) then his insurance premiums will not go up.
Posted via RS Mobile
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Fuck city signs are so expensive. I hit one a yield signs like 3 years ago it costed like $450 for it to be replaced.

All they had to buy was a length of tube, take the sign off the old tube and install the new length of tube in the hole with the sign mounted on it... I don't know how they managed to make it become that expensive....

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Fuck city signs are so expensive. I hit one a yield signs like 3 years ago it costed like $450 for it to be replaced.

All they had to buy was a length of tube, take the sign off the old tube and install the new length of tube in the hole with the sign mounted on it... I don't know how they managed to make it become that expensive....
The 5 city workers it takes to watch them put the yield sign in
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

Because is made in Canada and not made in China.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

It's actually not that unreasonable, they probably brought a new sign out and charged a minimum of 4 hours to change it I'm actually surprised it wasn't more.

You have to remember you don't get charged for just the time the guy works on the sign, he has to get a sign, drive there, put the new sign up and then go somewhere else, you're paying for all that time and there aren't many people out there in any company that bill less then 4 hours minimum for anything. They aren't going to rely on the original sign being fixable they'll bring a brand new one with.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
I am grateful grapefruit

^^ yep, what he said.

If you think a yield sign is expensive - never, EVER, hit a street light.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
your life is ruined and your going to go to jail!!

Its better to call the tow yard and do a General inquiry about a car being left there for eternity... lol...