REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Starbucks Deal - $5 for a $10 Starbucks Card eGift (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689941-starbucks-deal-%245-%2410-starbucks-card-egift.html)

willystyle 11-06-2013 09:27 AM

Starbucks Deal - $5 for a $10 Starbucks Card eGift

It's a US Only deal. Limits 1 per person. Deal Expires 11/08/2013 11:59PM.

But it should work here as well, as they accept Starbucks eGifts at Canadian Starbucks.

Go here (for purchase): All Seattle Deals | Groupon

Starbucks eGift FAQ: FAQ for Starbucks Groupon (It even says on here that it works in Canada).

then change your location to a US City (I used Seattle, WA), then type "Starbucks" in the search bar. The Starbucks deal should show up shortly after, then just go from there.

I bought with a Canadian CC, so that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I believe this deal has ENDED.

BBMme 11-06-2013 09:38 AM

Awesome thanks. With all the $ I spent on starbucks everything counts haha
Posted via RS Mobile

willystyle 11-06-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBMme (Post 8355524)
Awesome thanks. With all the $ I spent on starbucks everything counts haha
Posted via RS Mobile

My thoughts exactly.

wingies 11-06-2013 10:02 AM

anybody having difficulty transferring over to their carD? im getting an error that they cannot transfer between different markets

ShadowBun 11-06-2013 10:08 AM

Yea

They changed it so that you cannot transfer b/w US and CAN cards

MG1 11-06-2013 10:49 AM

That's OK, I just call them up and they transfer it. Did that before. Act all dumb and they'll do it.

Besides, I don't care, as I go south of the border all the time.

willystyle 11-06-2013 11:02 AM

Can't you transfer it from the physical stores?

TypeRNammer 11-06-2013 11:05 AM

I've only added the gift card to my account, so when ever I need to pay, I'll just show them on my Starbucks app

willystyle 11-06-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 8355597)
I've only added the gift card to my account, so when ever I need to pay, I'll just show them on my Starbucks app

Yeah, it's easier this way then transfer funds from the eGift to your Starbucks card. Just add the eGift to your Starbucks app, like you would add a Starbucks card.

shenmecar 11-06-2013 01:22 PM

so is it $5 USD then?
Posted via RS Mobile

dyan 11-06-2013 01:38 PM

ya $5 usd

SoNaRWaVe 11-06-2013 02:51 PM

To all you folks that has a registered starbucks card, it is better to transfer the money from the eGift card to your actual registered card. this will rack up the stars on your registered card. faster towards your free drink/food.

i work at starbucks and i have transferred over egift cards to starbucks cards before. the till has never given me an error before in doing so. and i don't recall the egift cards ever declaring it was canadian or from the US

hirevtuner 11-06-2013 04:19 PM

good to know, i'll get that changed over on my next visit

ilvtofu 11-06-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8355740)
To all you folks that has a registered starbucks card, it is better to transfer the money from the eGift card to your actual registered card. this will rack up the stars on your registered card. faster towards your free drink/food.

i work at starbucks and i have transferred over egift cards to starbucks cards before. the till has never given me an error before in doing so. and i don't recall the egift cards ever declaring it was canadian or from the US

It doesn't have to be on a specific card, as long as they're all linked to the same account. That way if you give your parents cards and they're not savvy they can help you rack up stars haha and yeah the till doesn't care if it was a sbux card bought with USD but if you pay USD cash there's an exchange rate.

Graeme S 11-06-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8355594)
Can't you transfer it from the physical stores?

Yes you can. As a Starbucks employee, I can tell you that any card from the US/Canada/The Uk is compatible (you can tell this because you can switch the currency value from any of those to any other). While the online one is kind of finicky, in-store it's not a problem.

Please, as a guy who works at a Starbucks, don't be a dick and decide to come in during the morning rush and transfer ten of those that you've gotten by using a bunch of spoof emails during the morning rush. Yes, we'll do it for you. We might even do it with a smile. But we will fucking hate you for it.

shenmecar 11-06-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8355899)
Yes you can. As a Starbucks employee, I can tell you that any card from the US/Canada/The Uk is compatible (you can tell this because you can switch the currency value from any of those to any other). While the online one is kind of finicky, in-store it's not a problem.

Please, as a guy who works at a Starbucks, don't be a dick and decide to come in during the morning rush and transfer ten of those that you've gotten by using a bunch of spoof emails during the morning rush. Yes, we'll do it for you. We might even do it with a smile. But we will fucking hate you for it.

I do need a coffee tomorrow morning, which Starbucks do you work at? :badpokerface:

Graeme S 11-06-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 8355940)
I do need a coffee tomorrow morning, which Starbucks do you work at? :badpokerface:

PM me, and wear Revscene gear when you come in and I'll comp your coffee.

BaBiE_Bee 11-06-2013 08:01 PM

Error Message: We're sorry, we cannot transfer balances between cards from different markets.

willystyle 11-06-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaBiE_Bee (Post 8355989)
Error Message: We're sorry, we cannot transfer balances between cards from different markets.

If you read the previous post. You can't transfer online from US egift -> Canadian Starbucks card. You need to call in to customer service or go to a physical store to do the transfer.

BaBiE_Bee 11-07-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8356060)
If you read the previous post. You can't transfer online from US egift -> Canadian Starbucks card. You need to call in to customer service or go to a physical store to do the transfer.

Thanks, sorry - I did read it but I was confused on whether I had to go into the actual store to transfer the funds or do it online (and then I got the errror message). Thanks for the clarification! :) I just re-read the thread now with fresh eyes and I figured it out.

Was reading the thread last night late and watching TV, close to bedtime after my long day at work so prolly wasn't thinking straight.

bcrdukes 11-07-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8355984)
PM me, and wear Revscene gear when you come in and I'll comp your coffee.

See you tomorrow.

Timpo 11-07-2013 11:36 AM

US only :ohgodwhy:

shenmecar 11-07-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8356441)
US only :ohgodwhy:

OP was like 6 sentences long. This seriously cannot be a case of TL;DR. You're just being ignorant.

SoNaRWaVe 11-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8355899)

Jackpot. Amongst other annoying things...
Posted via RS Mobile

acrophobia 11-07-2013 08:02 PM

Sold out? I'm getting an error message :(