REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
COMMUTERS: 6-car accident on Iron Workers Memorial (Second Narrows)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

If that's your route home. Find an alternate. It has been F'd in the A:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accident.JPG (77.7 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
That bridge is good for highlighting shitty drivers, everything is smooth up until that gate to hell. It's even worse during rush hour on the way back over, people not knowing how to merge.

That's beside the fact that people seem to believe that the bridge is a 30kph zone.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
there was a 3 or 4 suv pile up on Dewdney Trunk this evening in Ridge don't know how they all rear-ended one another in a slow moving area during a time with no traffic
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
was wondering why SB was backed up when accident was NB
almost watched an idiot rear end another car because they didn't wish to yield my merge when everyone's already crawling
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
That bridge is good for highlighting shitty drivers, everything is smooth up until that gate to hell. It's even worse during rush hour on the way back over, people not knowing how to merge.

That's beside the fact that people seem to believe that the bridge is a 30kph zone.
I think it's dumb to have yield merge lane. Either have a merging lane or don't. A yield? Seriously?
Anyways, there's not many accidents on the Irons, this is the only major one I've heard of in a while.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
I think it's dumb to have yield merge lane. Either have a merging lane or don't. A yield? Seriously?
Anyways, there's not many accidents on the Irons, this is the only major one I've heard of in a while.

It doesn't take much to clog up the bridge, someone always manages to fuck up and screw everyone else over, it's a weekly thing.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
it was a %$*king nightmare last night. it took me an hour and a half to get from burnaby mtn to the north shore auto mall, a trip that on average would take me about 40 minutes. and on top of that there was the canucks game and something had happened on the lion's gate bridge that had it down to single lane traffic at one point... my perfect storm
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote