REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Sea2Sky Closure (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690531-sea2sky-closure.html)

originalhypa 11-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8371187)
Snow driving is fun as fuck, except when there are others on the road

ficksed.
:fullofwin:

I took the Hope/Princeton 2 weeks ago for a hockey tournament. Back in the day I would be hitting the corners at maximum velocity. But with the wife and kids in the truck it went from fun, to terrifying in an instant.

That's a horrible highway to take in the winter.

Marco911 11-28-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8368135)
Fuck, RS and reading comprehension really are mutually exclusive.

I never gave anyone crap for going over the limit. I give crap for whining about the consequences when you get busted. You KNOW the limit, you WILLINGLY exceed it, then you have ZERO room to whinge. You pushes yer skinny pedal, and you takes your chances.

That is all.

By that logic, women in Saudi Arabia shouldn't be complaining about getting busted when caught driving. It's called civil disobedience over unfair laws. The penalties for speeding far far exceed the risk to society.

Marco911 11-28-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8368220)
The corner it happened on, is the same damn corner that head on accidents KEEP happening on, yet the ministry is doing nothing about it.

It's the stretch just north of Lion's Bay, where it's twisty as fuck because it's too tight to widen to four lanes. It's one lane in each direction, with no centre divider.

Even some cones bolted to the pavement on the centre line would be a start.... but nooooo....

Sure, let's blame the road and not shitty driving combined with shitty vehicles.

Marco911 11-28-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everymans (Post 8369776)
but if they raised it people would think 80km on a rainy day is safe since the max is 100km. I was going 90 in a straight stretch when I hydroplaned when i was braking for a corner and slid into the guardrail. I've been that asshole doing 80km along the undivided section during terrible weather and people were riding my ass hardcore. Why would it work better if the speed limit were raised if this is the result? I don't know the current accident/death toll caused by speed on this road, but I can imagine it's high enough to meritt the speed limit.

Shouldn't have cheaped out on tires. Live and learn.

Soundy 11-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8371502)
By that logic, women in Saudi Arabia shouldn't be complaining about getting busted when caught driving. It's called civil disobedience over unfair laws. The penalties for speeding far far exceed the risk to society.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0NC9BKUK3w...600/LOLWut.jpg

dared3vil0 11-28-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8371602)

Reading comprehension issues...? I'd explain it, but you wouldn't understand.

Soundy 11-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8371612)
Reading comprehension issues...? I'd explain it, but you wouldn't understand.

I comprehend perfectly: Marco swooping in with his typical existentialist bullshit. Next up: CharlesInCharge with a PressTV video explaining why road barriers are part of a Zionist plot.

dared3vil0 11-28-2013 10:17 PM

:fulloffuck:

jlenko 11-29-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8371504)
Sure, let's blame the road and not shitty driving combined with shitty vehicles.

People drive like shit everywhere... but this corner, they drive head-on into each other and kill people.

I guess we could put concrete barriers up everywhere..

BrRsn 11-29-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8371626)
I comprehend perfectly: Marco swooping in with his typical existentialist bullshit. Next up: CharlesInCharge with a PressTV video explaining why road barriers are part of a Zionist plot.

He is part of the driving elite, we are merely peons.
It's okay soundy, there there.

meme405 11-29-2013 10:58 AM

Try to be civil guys, if people want to come in here and post non-sense just leave them be.

People who genuinely want their questions regarding the speed limit on the S2S and even elsewhere in BC feel free to post and we can answer all your questions (hopefully).

duy- 11-29-2013 12:51 PM

i think marco made some good points, except the saudi arabia comparison but everyone has brain farts. i dont think you guys seem to realize that you actually agree with each other.

soundy:
-speed if you want to, know your limits
-dont whine about getting tickets for breaking the law

marco:
-its not the road, its the driver and car
-have good, proper equipment (tires)

agreed with all these points but i dont think womens rights and speeding are in the same category

Soundy 11-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duy- (Post 8371972)
agreed with all these points but i dont think womens rights and speeding are in the same category

Not in this country, at least, where driving is a PRIVILEGE for EVERYBODY. Nobody of any gender, race, size, shape, orientation, religion, creed, flavor, or intelligence level, has the inalienable RIGHT to drive on the public roads in Canada, or most of the civilized world, for that matter.

GabAlmighty 11-29-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8370821)
assuming people are driving at speed limit on the right ...you want those in the passing lane to hold a constant 100kph in and out each corner?

Yes? It's not difficult... You just turn the wheel and go around the corner.