REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 11-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
compustar remote wont work!!! >:(

so i recently bought a new car, it had compustar in it which was great. but after a few weeks from the date that i purchased it. the remote for my car would not respond to any of the buttons that i had pressed. it was working fine before but this issue keeps occurring. i took it to futureshop and the guy kindly fixed it for me some how. it only took him a min to figure out what the problem was. but today it happened again after a car wash.. i have tried everything. pressing the button to turn off the valet mode surely doesnt work too... nothing works!! the dash inside my car has a blue led light which is for theft i believe. so i think it probably has nothing to do with the system. please if anyone out there know how to fix this issue or if it had happened to you before, let me know. thanks for your time.
Advertisement
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Could be a ground or power delivery issue to the main module, antenna or the remote itself.

If it's a one way system and the antenna is on the windshield then it may have a small silver button on it. Pressing it will light a blue led on the antenna which will confirm power for the alarm.

I've seen it happen before and it may be power or the components I've mentioned.
Posted via RS Mobile
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Try changing the battery in the remote.
All 3 of my cars show this symptom when the battery is low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
RS Licensed Vendor

Can bring it by the shop and we can take a quick peek for ya
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
We're a Compustar dealer as well so a quick look will determine the problem.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
ive had the compustar remote fail on me before.

we tried swapping the antenna, but the remote would do everything it should, cept show any communication on the remote. luckily/unluckily, i still had the old remove from my GS300 before it crashed. what i thought would take a fair bit of time, was programmed and swapped in seconds.

so i suggest trying both the remote and the antenna.

and holy crap i didnt see this thread was back in nov...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote