REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Man destroys 6 police cars and causes flood at Burnaby hospital ER (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690997-man-destroys-6-police-cars-causes-flood-burnaby-hospital-er.html)

Soundy 12-08-2013 09:00 AM

Man destroys 6 police cars and causes flood at Burnaby hospital ER

Man destroys 6 police cars and causes flood at Burnaby Hospital ER | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More

Quote:

Burnaby first responders had a busy morning thanks to the antics of a 37-year old man.

He was arrested after hitting six police vehicles, causing significant damage, with two stolen vehicles at the parking lot of Burnaby’s Lougheed Mall. The incident began at 1 a.m. with a stolen Jeep, which was used to hit a police cruiser. He then got out of the Jeep and stole a freight truck to hit more police vehicles.

Police arrested the man after he got out of the truck and took him to Burnaby Hospital at 3 a.m. where he ripped out a sprinkler from the ceiling, causing a flood in the emergency room. Some patients being treated had to be relocated to a different section of the hospital.

The emergency room re-opened at 9 a.m., but hospital staff are still in the process of cleaning the space and are asking patients to go to another hospital if they are not seeking emergency care.

The man is known to police, has mental health issues, and is facing charges of theft and mischief. No injuries were reported from this morning’s incidents.

jeedee 12-08-2013 09:05 AM

Too much GTA

Infiniti 12-08-2013 10:10 AM

^ not enough mental health care

Grim 12-08-2013 10:13 AM

sounds like a movie.

godwin 12-08-2013 10:16 AM

There are always cruisers there in front of the IHOP. Since it is right by a loading dock it is not that hard to steal some truck and then crash into them.

Why don't they use their tasers?

So now the RCMP get some shiny new toys!

GGnoRE 12-08-2013 10:20 AM

How did this guy manage to steal a jeep and a freight truck

Psykopathik 12-08-2013 10:43 AM

how do crazy people even know how to steal a car???

MasonJar 12-08-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psykopathik (Post 8377904)

:rukidding:

Okami 12-08-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

I don't know. Care to enlighten us Psychopathic?

jeedee 12-08-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8377895)
How did this guy manage to steal a jeep and a freight truck

Quote:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eatre-GTAV.png

Psykopathik 12-08-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okami (Post 8377959)
I don't know. Care to enlighten us Psychopathic?

im always hearing in the news about so and so crazy folk managing to get guns, sneak past security, hotwire cars etc.

where do they learn these skills?

I like to think of mys self as a semi intelligent, non crackpot, and i tell you, i have no clue where to even get started finding a gun, never mind hotwiring a car.

ok, hotwiring maybe, as i do have knowledge of how cars work and electronics knowledge.

I'm all for helping mentally challenged people, but sometimes, you gotta lock em up.

EDIT: not quite as simple as playing GTA V, but i lol'd

zx7rrrr 12-08-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psykopathik (Post 8377974)
im always hearing in the news about so and so crazy folk managing to get guns, sneak past security, hotwire cars etc.

where do they learn theses skills?

I like to think of myself as a semi intelligent, non crackpot, and i tell you, i have no clue where to even get started finding a gun, never mind hotwiring a car.

ok, hotwiring maybe, as i do have knowledge of how cars work and electronics knowledge.

I'm all for helping mentally challenged people, but sometimes, you gotta lock em up.

Wow. Ur an idiot. you seem mentally challenged .they should lock u up.
Posted via RS Mobile

zx7rrrr 12-08-2013 12:08 PM

edited

Psykopathik 12-08-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8377981)
Posted via RS Mobile

says the guy that quoted himself. "you're"

regardless you say I'm mentally challenged? how so? whom have I harmed? If I'm a danger to the public, I SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

I'm not afraid to say it.

Soundy 12-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

They watch movies, so they know EVERYONE keeps a spare set of keys behind their sun visor.

Mr.Money 12-08-2013 12:34 PM

fuck the police http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...18/001/0d6.gif

GS8 12-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psykopathik (Post 8377983)
says the guy that quoted himself. "you're"

regardless you say I'm mentally challenged? how so? whom have I harmed? If I'm a danger to the public, I SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

I'm not afraid to say it.

Your name is so ironic

Sid Vicious 12-08-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

I like to think of mys self as a semi intelligent, non crackpot, and i tell you, i have no clue where to even get started finding a gun, never mind hotwiring a car.

this post makes alot of sense for a guy using a cartoon woman as an avatar

this you man
http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress...y-pillow-1.jpg

jeedee 12-08-2013 02:08 PM

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/A.../9/1009218.gif

fliptuner 12-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8377894)
There are always cruisers there in front of the IHOP.

Lol, you know there's a Community Policing Station there, right?

T4RAWR 12-08-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

the mental healthcare system in the lowermainland isnt all that great. often times these guys will commit crimes, get thrown in jail where they pick up new skills (how to break into cars, who to obtain guns from on the street, etc...) and are put back into society.'

its a shitty deal, hopefully no one was seriously injured due to this guys antics.

PiuYi 12-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8377995)
They watch movies, so they know EVERYONE keeps a spare set of keys behind their sun visor.

never understood this logic... isn't somewhere IN your car the worst place to put spares since most of the time you need the spare is when your original got locked in?? :fulloffuck:

Euro7r 12-08-2013 03:04 PM

Cops should have shot him.

jeedee 12-08-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 8378082)
never understood this logic... isn't somewhere IN your car the worst place to put spares since most of the time you need the spare is when your original got locked in?? :fulloffuck:

Some people leave their cars unlocked dude

:fuckthatshit:

PiuYi 12-08-2013 03:21 PM

right, so that any random crazy guy can jump in and steal the car? oh wait..