REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
For me it's drivers who don't know the dimensions of their vehicle. For example, if I'm trying to get in the left turn lane but the vehicle ahead of me is too scared to move forward to get in that lane

Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #52
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
people who only have their DRLs on at night with no tailights... i know it has been said already but it needs to be said again.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
-driving behind another driving who is talking on his cellphone, with no headset, while it is a green light at the intersection. The car in front of me is stopped at the intersection for at least ten seconds. -big horn honks coming his way.

Big pet peeve. -so happy to see the cops give a ticket to that dumbass a few blocks down the street when a cop catches the guy still yaking on his cellphone.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #54
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
For me it's drivers who don't know the dimensions of their vehicle. For example, if I'm trying to get in the left turn lane but the vehicle ahead of me is too scared to move forward to get in that lane

this is the most annoying thing in the world
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #55
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

1 People constantly changing lanes to try to get ahead when both right and left lanes are congested.

2 People who make their car's exhaust loud when it sounds like complete shit

3 people who honk at me while tailgating because im doing 30 in a school zone/playground

4 People who lower their car that it becomes an inconvenience to other people once there is a speedbump
Posted via RS Mobile
Stiig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #56
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
People that....

- wait til they are down the street to finally put their seatbelt on
Posted via RS Mobile
Why does it matter to u if people wear there seatbelt or not, unless if ur a cop then slap em with a ticket
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiig View Post
1 People constantly changing lanes to try to get ahead when both right and left lanes are congested.

2 People who make their car's exhaust loud when it sounds like complete shit

3 people who honk at me while tailgating because im doing 30 in a school zone/playground

4 People who lower their car that it becomes an inconvenience to other people once there is a speedbump
Posted via RS Mobile
number 1 and 3 quoted for truth.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #58

-People driving on the highway with no vehicles in front of them all of a sudden decide its time to make a lane change for no apparent reason usually from the slow lane to the fast lane

-drivers getting on the highway with two people trying to get in the hov lane signalling and slowing the flow of traffic and when they get in the hov only to go slower than the regular flow of traffic

-drivers who dont react when the light turns green by either the hand held device or just not paying attention
Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #59
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

- Drivers who don't do shoulder check.

- Drivers who don't make a complete stop when making a right turn on red.
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #60
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Minivans. They do almost everything listed here - and I swear they are speed limited to 90kph in the fast lane
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts

in all serious though the people who drive around with both apple ear buds in their ears to fully enjoy their conversation drive me insane.. how are you supposed to hear anything around you for frick sakes?

ASSHATS!

Last edited by Gucci Mane; 12-08-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #62
PRINCESS

Cabs cutting me off and then braking right away
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #63
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Corolla drivers...
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #64

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Cabs cutting me off and then braking right away
speaking of cabs.....

during my morning commute to work DT via hastings Friday the cops were planted as they normally are during the holiday season just before clark heading west bound on hastings looking for people on cell phones and people in the bus lane.

I saw one guy get pulled in and cops let 2 taxi drivers go by.
Are they allowed to use the bus lane
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #65
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
When getting on to a bridge like the Alex Fraser coming down Nordel all back up to a crawl and douchebags drive up the through lane cutting in right at the end to avoid all the traffic. Like their fucking time is so much more valuable then everybody else who is stuck in that bullshit traffic jam, I think what pisses me off even more is you know it's the same cunts doing it every single day.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #66
Princess Dewey

People who sit so close to the steering wheel their practically hugging it.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
People who sit so close to the steering wheel their practically hugging it.
Those are some of the scariest drivers out there
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #68
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiig View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
The trick to piss these tailgaters off even more is to slow down. They'll get the gist. haha.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #69

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
speaking of cabs.....

during my morning commute to work DT via hastings Friday the cops were planted as they normally are during the holiday season just before clark heading west bound on hastings looking for people on cell phones and people in the bus lane.

I saw one guy get pulled in and cops let 2 taxi drivers go by.
Are they allowed to use the bus lane
I was in a cab once when on their ticker came in of a report of a suspect the police were looking for. I asked the driver, and he told me that because of all the cabs on the roads, they can be extra eyes for the police. In return, cabs do get special treatment.

I mean, just last night I was in a cab at 1 am who was going 90km on Granville street to Richmond. Chances are anyone else woulda got pulled over.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #70
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

1. People who can't judge where the lane is when it's raining. These drivers either drive too fast or they're driving on the painted lines creeping into your lane at times.

2. People who turn into any lane but the one closest to them. You guys piss me off.

3. People who take right turns but hog half the centre lane and right lane. Excluding of course large trucks, 18 wheelers, etc.

4. People who suck at driving while talking on the phone. I know you know it's illegal, nothing I can do there. But if you can't multitask, just fucking don't. Learn to walk before you run. Learn to drive before you learn to talk and drive.

5. Yellow light means slow down. Not first and second drivers who wish to make a left turn proceed. First driver, sure. If the second driver completes the turn before the thorough intersection has a green light I have no problem whatsoever. Otherwise you just tried to beat a red light and you made others wait.

6. People who turn their hazard lights on and magically their car is now in a parking spot!

7. BIGGEST PET PEEVE: Common tight side street scenario: A car approaches from the opposite side, you pull over to let them through and they simply drive off. Zero acknowledgment made. I'm not expecting a red carpet and have you come out and thank me. But maybe eye contact, a simple hand raise something. I stopped to avoid your 'possible' stupidity, not because you're better than me. If its night time, limited vision, different story otherwise come on.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #71
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

As an avid Biker who uses his bike to get around during the summer. People who stop in front of or completely roll stop signs.
ImFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
I was in a cab once when on their ticker came in of a report of a suspect the police were looking for. I asked the driver, and he told me that because of all the cabs on the roads, they can be extra eyes for the police. In return, cabs do get special treatment.

I mean, just last night I was in a cab at 1 am who was going 90km on Granville street to Richmond. Chances are anyone else woulda got pulled over.
Posted via RS Mobile
Its funny, i was talking to a police officer about that awhile ago, and they call it "taxi drivers working hard".
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #73
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

When you come to a red light intersection and your in an empty right lane,
you are going to make a right turn at the intersection....

then some idiot decides to speed up and cut you off blocking you from turning right because he or she is waiting for the green to go straight

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #74
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
the worst is definitely turning on your left turn signals last second or when the light turns green
YES, especially when you are on the opposite side of these drivers at an intersection waiting to turn left thinking they are going straight, yet at the last second they turn on the signal to turn left and you were sitting there waiting for them with your thumb up your ass.

Also drivers who merge into the right turn lane at the too far in (where the line becomes solid) rather than where it's still dotted, e.g. below at Garden City and Alderbridge, where this happens OFTEN.

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #75
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Dont know if it has been said, but people who cut you off only to stop and try and make a left turn.

Had a guy gun it off the line only to cut me off and then turn on his signal and force me to wait behind him for an entire light while he failed horribly at making a left turn.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote