REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
2 Wheelin' Mod

Clothing/Food Drive Dec 15

Saucy Woman and Sounds Good Audio are holding a clothing and food drive on December 15 @ Sounds Good Audio #3-910 Tupper Avenue Coquitlam.

Quote:
With the cold weather upon us and a lot of us more fortunate than some, I figure we should give back to our community and RevScene.net is pleased to partner with one of our sponsors Sounds Good Audio to hold this clothing drive. Also looking for a couple of people to volunteer trucks ♥

The main idea is to gather clothing for the shelters to provide to the DTES homeless population. I am asking for your donations of coats, toques, mitts, gloves, scarves, wool socks, sweaters. Underwear is a highly needed item for both men and women; these can be inexpensively obtained through Superstore, WalMart and Target.

Sounds Good is just off Highway 1, beside the Ikea in Coquitlam. I know it sucks to drive far distances, but this is for a great cause . Hope to see you there

Edit: With summer being so far off, we've decided to incorporate our annual Vancouver Food Bank drive with this as well. The biggest food needs are generally baby formula and diapers so these would be greatly appreciated. No donation will be turned away as everything helps. Cash is also the next best thing as for every dollar earned, they're able to double their purchase power thanks to relationships with food wholesalers.

If you have a roof over your head, and food in your fridge you are much better off than a high percentage of people. I know for myself, even being unemployed, I am grateful everyday for the amazing life I have, let's work together to bring smiles to those who may not have many reasons to smile this Christmas season.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the attendees
Facebook Page

original thread

I didn't think this thread was getting enough attention in the Revscene Social Meets section its for a good cause and i'm sure all of us could help in someway.

Also i can pick up food in Surrey i'm by King George and highway 10 I can not pick up on Saturday
Advertisement
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
VLS Head Mod

jas29 thanks for this post I do have the site annoucement but any extra attention to this certainly helps

Hope to see you all out. I can pick up in Vancouver area for those that can't make it out.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
VLS Head Mod

Hey guys
There's only a few days left before this happens. There's been quite a lot of views, and if everyone donated just 1 article of clothing, or $1/can of food for the Vancouver Food Bank, that would be awesome.

I know a lot of people don't like driving outside Vancouver/ Richmond but remember that Sounds Good is right beside Ikea, just off the Highway so when you think about that it's not a lot of driving. I live in East Van and with highway driving it'll probably take me 15 mins.. We did a lot more driving on Saturday for the Paul Walker Tribute. You can always hit up Ikea for their cheap breakfast before hoping over to Sounds Good

One of the greatest needed items are clean, brand new men and women's underwear. If you're willing, these items can be inexpensively purchased from SuperStore, Walmart, Target or any other inexpensive retail store.

We showed how we come together as a car community to raise funds in the name of Paul Walker for the Typhoon Victims, let's show how we can come together and give back to the less fortunate of our local communities

a Big thanks to all those who have shown their support, and I'll see you on Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/events/178974588968777/
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Request for a mens, large, grey, tweed, peacoat style coat (+1 if bnwt) and a few cans of Campbells Homestyle Chicken Noodle soup. Not regular......HOMESTYLE.....and no dents!!!

I have 1 bag ready and going through some stuff right now.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
VLS Head Mod

Huge thank you today goes out to Masashi81/ u-lok storage and peanut butter jelly time. Thanks to the donations of these two today, my car was stuffed full with donations and I had to make an unplanned drop off today.

Originally my choice of recipient was the covenant house but yesterday I was made aware of The Living Room and ended up driving past it on my way to find out if the Covenant House was open or not since they weren't answering their phones. Being inside there, interacting with the dtes population this is the place that encompasses exactly what I set out to do with this drive.

The people there were so appreciative of these items so I would like to say thank you to these two members ahead of the actual drive
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
VLS Head Mod

https://www.facebook.com/events/178974588968777/
Happening in 3 hours.. I'm challenging you members to see if you can beat the two donators yesterday to stuff my car, or more, with clothing...

And of course with money for the Vancouver food bank. Remember, $1 has the buying power of $3; $5 can purchase 1 week of food for 1 person and $15 can purchase 1 week of food for a FAMILY
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
We are at Ikea at the moment. We will head out to Soundsgood when we meet up with Saucy. Saucy, I have coffee waiting for you. I'll clean the cup before I get refill, LOLOLOLOL.
Posted via RS Mobile
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
VLS Head Mod

Lol thanks hun. We will be there in 15-20 and will be there til 1130 lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
VLS Head Mod

Great meet guys. Thanks for coming to donate, and sticking around for an hour or 3 just to chat lol... Thanks to Orgasm Donor and Keith of Sounds Good for allowing me to hold this event at their shop as well as the monetary donation to the Vancouver Food Bank.

Thanks to OHenry, Nabs, Rb, NR, lilaznviper, MG1, jas29, ice boy and gf, Orgasm Donor, Mrs Orgasm Donor, and Grandma Orgasm Donor lol, Orgasm Donor's neighbours and Keith of Sounds Good we collected another car load of clothing, I would say a box full of assorted food for the food bank, as well as $200 to donate; if my calculations are correct that's a $600 buying power.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I appreciate all of you for what you gave today

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
This post thanked by: