REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Exit in Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691050-exit-richmond.html)

Jer3 12-09-2013 07:13 PM

Exit in Richmond

has anyone else heard of this? just read about it and its an escape+puzzle game that you play with a group of friends. seems like an interesting concept since its like a playing a real life video game.

link for the cheeky kunt m8.

CRS 12-09-2013 07:16 PM

Strong thread. Thanks for the information.

Would read/10.

PiuYi 12-09-2013 07:25 PM

super fun, super expensive, meh.

that being said, i did try it and its worth trying and a ton of fun with friends... but the concept is to go multiple times to beat the game, and it's too expensive to go multiple times

PeanutButter 12-09-2013 07:39 PM

$46+tax seems pretty expensive. But, it looks pretty cool.

If it were cheaper, I would probably feel more inclined to get a group together.

KingDeeCee 12-09-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8379017)
$46+tax seems pretty expensive. But, it looks pretty cool.

If it were cheaper, I would probably feel more inclined to get a group together.

The $46 is for 2 people, so roughly $25 per person for 45 minutes. Sounds like a do it once thing. But I've heard its almost impossible to win on your first try, so you might feel ripped off?

I still don't fully understand what this is though. Is it like a real life version of notpr0n?

yray 12-09-2013 07:48 PM

EXIT Canada - Golden Village - Richmond, BC

evlee 12-09-2013 07:56 PM

lol no thx

AzNightmare 12-09-2013 09:16 PM

So it's like those Escape the Room games, but IRL??

rsx 12-09-2013 09:20 PM

fucking lazy post. couldn't even include the details like rates, location, pictures, etc.

Ch28 12-09-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8379112)
So it's like those Escape the Room games, but IRL??

Yup. Apparently, they're really popular in Hong Kong

Jer3 12-09-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8379114)
fucking lazy post. couldn't even include the details like rates, location, pictures, etc.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...49/829/562.jpg

see.lai 12-09-2013 09:33 PM

would go.. but not for $25..

stewie 12-09-2013 09:45 PM

oh fuck yeah, ill go to this, me and my gf love doing brain games!

rsx 12-09-2013 09:57 PM

Vancouver needs ktv joints. Ones where you pick out your girls.

spideyv2 12-09-2013 10:01 PM

did not read

o wait, the faggot OP never included anything to read

J.C 12-09-2013 10:03 PM

seems cool
would like to try

Qmx323 12-09-2013 11:07 PM

Day 1: I have tried every browser at my disposal and it blows my mind because the pics just refuse to load.

Day 2: I have concluded that I must have received some sort of virus through my email. I have canceled all email accounts and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Pics still not loading.

Day 3: I'm running out of options here. There must be some glitch in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Operating System. Thanks Bill Gates. Switching to MAC OS X maybe this will prove effective.

Day 4: MAC OS X installation complete. I'm drawing a blank here. Pics still won't load. After ruling out software errors, I am convinced that there must be some lingering mechanical failure in my system. I have placed an order to newegg for rush delivery of a new Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Will give this another shot tomorrow.

Day 5: Harddrive has arrived and has been installed. To no avail, the pictures will not load. I have not shaved or showered in a week. My clothes stink. I have lost my job...all because these confounded pictures will not load. I'm done with the whole electronics thing. I will be moving into an Amish community and this will be my last update on this issue. Good luck and good riddance.

trancehead 12-09-2013 11:32 PM

LOL

SpeedStars 12-09-2013 11:40 PM

going to try it.. Seems like its more fun with a larger group of friends.

matter 12-10-2013 03:34 PM

They are going for that Saw type experience and I can see it being fun if the puzzles were more interesting. Be prepared to fiddle with many luggage locks and combo locks.
I would honestly make the workers go through the room before you play because clues were missing, or just didnt work when I went with some friends. We used one of our "help clues", they came in and noticed the clue was missing and gave us an additional 10 min.

In our "scenario", We got a clue that said "2 years" for a 3 digit luggage lock. Every possible combo was tried, but nothing worked. There's no markings on the locks so they may have setup the wrong lock for the wrong clue or a douche before us may have changed the combo.

Fun was had, but it was 45 min of testing combinations on locks.

tiger_handheld 12-10-2013 04:59 PM

their promo video was as good as OP's post / this thread.

rsx 12-10-2013 11:57 PM

They should combine crossfit and airsoft

Timed events of course

1. Hostage rescue
Your wearing full gear around 30-40lbs of gear
Your objective is to guide your squad of 4 into the enemy building neutralizing all targets and carrying out 3 hostages (dummies ~100lbs each)
- You'll have to crawl under fencing
- Do sprints across kill boxes
- climb walls etc.
- every shot you get hit with is an additional 3 seconds to your overall squad time

Now that's fun and healthy!

AzNightmare 01-13-2014 12:39 AM

I gave this a try today. The experience was not bad, but the puzzles were way too hard to solve. Some of the clues were way too random that most people wouldn't figure it out as clues unless they already know the solution to begin with.

Seems like all the puzzles revolve on finding the correct number for combination locks. It would have been nice if there was more to it than luggage locks. Such as usage of props. There didn't seem to be any "item finding" puzzles, but just more of looking around to find clues for lock combinations.

This being said, I only went once. So maybe the other scenarios could be designed differently.

One of the locks had the wrong combination. The digit was off by 1. We got an extra 10 mins for it, which was fine. That was about how long we were stuck on that lock. But seems like they should really make sure their puzzles aren't missing anything before they let the next group in.
Posted via RS Mobile

SpeedStars 01-13-2014 01:06 AM

Forgot about this thread, but gave it a try on Friday. You get 45 mimutes ans 2 hints every game (basically you can pay 2 win). And each *level* has a theme in which you solve combo locks and door locks to get to the next room. The hints are somewhat hard as there are plenty of distractions to keep you away from the real clue. Also, each room has hidden tokens in which you can redeem for prizes.
Spoilered for what I've figured out so far...
Spoiler!

ITR2k5 01-13-2014 01:46 AM

it's pretty tough to get out the first time.
Went once (lost ship) but too costly to go back and try again.