REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Winter Projects and Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691082-winter-projects-shopping.html)

Gwilo 12-10-2013 05:54 PM

Winter Projects and Shopping

Now that it is the end of the season, Time to plan for next year.

Where is your money going

New Parts ?

Farkels ?

New Gear ?

Riding courses saving fund (A.R.T. - Race School - Track Dayz fund) ?

New Bike Fund ?

So tell us ....

Bike Show Tradex Jan 24 to 26 (Daytona has advanced tickets for $ 10.00)

Sunfighter 12-10-2013 07:34 PM

Wicked thread.....

Things I need for next season...

New (safer) riding boots - def need suggestions
New riding jeans/pants - def need suggestions
More instruction/school - Gwilo has convinced me of the course already

Things I want...
Triumph Daytona 675 ... R? SE???
New Jacket
New Gloves
Maintenance course

I will definitely be attending the motorbike show.

I want the Triumph Daytona 675 but it's just so hard to let go of the CBR since it is literally in showroom condition.... has only seen rain once and has lived indoors for all of its 18,000kms.... I keep trying to find a way to rationalize having TWO bikes.... but I don't think I would ever be allowed to have a pair. I'm lucky I get to have one!

Gwilo 12-12-2013 05:36 PM

End of season shopping (SALES) where good for me

New Helmet Arai Defiant Character red from Western close out sale

New 2 piece Dainese M6 leathers

New D3O back protector insert

As well upgraded my speakers in my SENA to Tork's and a couple of additional helmet clamps with Torq speakers.

No money left for a bike at the Show this year

Saving up for both WCS A.R.T. (again) and Roadcraft course

Gh0stRider 12-12-2013 07:12 PM

going on vacation :p

Pheet 12-12-2013 11:09 PM

New textile jacket and a Bell RS-1 helmet hopefully.

z3german 12-13-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8380988)
As well upgraded my speakers in my SENA to Torq's and a couple of additional helmet clamps with Torq speakers.

Link to the upgraded speakers? Sounds interesting, might do, you notice a big difference?

Gwilo 12-13-2013 01:16 PM

Canada Motorcycle intercom | Communications | Headset

It takes them about 30 minutes to upgrade your speakers.

You can also buy spare helmet clamps with the Tork speakers, great for second helmet

Here is a review

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/tork-speaker-review/

Jas29 12-13-2013 05:10 PM

Buy a bike didn't end up pulling the trigger last year

Gwilo 12-14-2013 10:28 AM

There are good deals at the bike show.

Daytona's booth has always some great used bikes, I have bought two from them at the show.

BillyBishop 12-14-2013 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Keeping busy with this, rebuilding the forks next!

Attachment 19508

Sunfighter 12-14-2013 02:19 PM

That's a great project!

Jas29 12-14-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8381889)
There are good deals at the bike show.

Daytona's booth has always some great used bikes, I have bought two from them at the show.

Thanks i'll check it out

bcrdukes 12-15-2013 01:26 PM

I'm still on the hunt for a Triumph Bonneville (EFI models) but they hold their value almost too well. That and looks like existing Triumph dealerships are dropping the brand (or vice versa - I don't know the story too well.)

Argh! :mad:

CharlieH 12-22-2013 08:13 AM

thinking about doing a minor overhaul on the race bike.

plans are:
gp suspension 25mm cartridge kit
ohlins ttx rear shock
upgraded slipper clutch (the current one basically doesn't work)
quick turn throttle
quick shifter
reverse shift pattern (on the r6 and s1000 as well).

for the s1000rr:

PCV Autotune - the current map is tuned for the track, so it makes good top end but runs like shit at low revs. i don't know why, maybe the dude that tuned it just derped. Autotune should work wonders since it'll adjust the AFR accordingly as you ride. Will also compensate for temperature and elevation changes etc.

also picked up a hotbodies undertail that has integrated LED turnsignals

pretty much sums it up for me

anti-vip 12-22-2013 11:07 AM

should be done by March
http://i41.tinypic.com/bgzpjq.jpg

68style 01-01-2014 02:01 PM

I got out of sportbikes selling my 954RR in November... got a dualsport instead just a little KLX250SF the motard version... took it out on the stock tires (not even knobbies) in mud and pools by SilverCity in Richmond and had the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels, it's like a little mountain bike and I was kicking ass even with the stock tires watching the guys on KLR's fall over hahaha... I bought an oversized fuel tank and a new seat, the stock one's a real ball pincher. Planning to put that on sometime this winter.

I'd like to get another 600 sometime for the odd rip that I cant go on anymore with a 250... but no more 1000's... too stupid for the streets. I don't trust myself LOL

franko 01-04-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfighter (Post 8379701)
I want the Triumph Daytona 675 but it's just so hard to let go of the CBR since it is literally in showroom condition.... has only seen rain once and has lived indoors for all of its 18,000kms.... I keep trying to find a way to rationalize having TWO bikes.... but I don't think I would ever be allowed to have a pair. I'm lucky I get to have one!

Unless you really love the looks of the 675, want it for that reason alone, and are willing to pay a few thousand to switch bikes, then I wouldn't bother. The 675 makes marginally more power, but its not hugely noticeable unless you're at full throttle.

If it was me and I wanted to spend a bit of money I'd take the 600rr to somewhere like RMR suspension to get the suspension set up for your weight, or to get some upgraded parts installed. Then maybe get a brembo master for the front brakes and call it a day.

Sunfighter 01-17-2014 11:57 AM

Good advice man ... I don't need/particularly care for a performance improvement... I just love the British badge... that said my biggest fair is the compromise in ride quality specifically because 80% of the time my bike is for commuting.....

Sunfighter 01-17-2014 12:01 PM

Also - finally some winter purchases. :)

-rear bike stand (black)

-ordered Alpinestars Supertech-R Vented in black/white/yellow

http://5cf9f959bf0963c59a2a-252b16f4...yellow_1_1.jpg

Pheet 01-19-2014 08:50 PM

Just installed a Moto Dynamic integrated tail light and Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen. Tested out the new Sony Action Cam on my helmet, haha.

Gh0stRider 01-19-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8381439)
Canada Motorcycle intercom | Communications | Headset

It takes them about 30 minutes to upgrade your speakers.

You can also buy spare helmet clamps with the Tork speakers, great for second helmet

Tork Xpro helmet speakers - YouTube

Here is a review

Tork Speaker Review - webBikeWorld

im thinking i might do this, but i'll get them to do it for me.

Gwilo 01-20-2014 05:54 PM

I put all my motorcycle decals on my tool box..... pictures to follow.

Gwilo 01-20-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 8402667)
im thinking i might do this, but i'll get them to do it for me.

Best is to call ahead or email so they will have everything there for you.

Gh0stRider 02-01-2014 06:07 PM

Cheetah VizAlert V2 | Motorcycle heads up display

:D

#19 02-17-2014 09:27 AM

unless something I find something wrong, about the only thing I'm doing this winter is changing the chain and sprockets on the mini race bike as I need to spend some money and buy an AMB transponder for WMRC racing this year.

I'd like to put some wood craft clip ons on the 600RR race bike, but it's likely I won't bother once again.