REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Why is China third world country? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691095-why-china-third-world-country.html)

Yodamaster 12-12-2013 10:49 PM

Because they keep on building cities that nobody lives in to keep the economy afloat whilst the majority of the population starves and/or is ill.

SkinnyPupp 12-12-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodamaster (Post 8381175)
Because they keep on building cities that nobody lives in to keep the economy afloat whilst the majority of the population starves and/or is ill.

How's that for a bubble waiting to burst

Traum 12-13-2013 09:58 AM

Came across this year old article recently, and holy shxt... it gives me even less incentive to travel to China during the winter months...

Coal mines near uranium deposits spoiling value of nuclear fuel | South China Morning Post

Coles version:
- uranium veins in China are buried between thick belts of coal
- uranium-laced coals are getting digged up and sent off to coal-fired power stations
- radioactive ash flies off into the air

And this doesn't take into account the huge amounts of coal that local homes use for winter heating purposes...

It is no coincidence that cancer rates (esp lung cancer rates) have been sky-rocketing in China...

BoostedBB6 12-13-2013 10:50 AM

A country with money does not remove it from being third world.

Look at the way the country is run, how the people are treated, how employment is run, poverty level etc etc. Look at these things when it comes to China and you will get the answer to why China is still a third world country.

Z3guy 12-13-2013 11:04 AM

^ Agree with BoostedBB6, making money as a country is only part of the equation of being a 1st world country. If China was a person, they would be a rich douche bag who drives a lambo to show off, does not ever volunteer, could care less about the homeless or poor, litters everywhere, and beats up anyone who do not agree with their opinion.

Carl Johnson 12-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 8381358)
^ Agree with BoostedBB6, making money as a country is only part of the equation of being a 1st world country. If China was a person, they would be a rich douche bag who drives a lambo to show off, does not ever volunteer, could care less about the homeless or poor, litters everywhere, and beats up anyone who do not agree with their opinion.

for a country that almost lost everything to Japanese 65 years ago, i think people in china have way different priorities than those in Canada. volunteer and voting are just not as important to Chinese as making money and having financial security.

of course it's easy for us to pick something to complain like environment or food safety, but western society went through the same thing. go to london in the 1850s, it was a shithole (literally). America basically stole California from the Mexicans. i guess i see the glass half-full. although china still have so much to improve in a lot of areas, i think its important to acknowledge they have come a long way just in the last 30 years.

Timpo 12-13-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson (Post 8381456)
for a country that almost lost everything to Japanese 65 years ago, i think people in china have way different priorities than those in Canada. volunteer and voting are just not as important to Chinese as making money and having financial security.

Not trying to initiate any rage here, but Japan has helped out China quite a bit after WWII.
They donated $58 billion (if I remember correctly), and many more donations(millions) to assist China develop their country.
They did the same to Korea too as an apology.

I found that many people think Japan murdered people in China and Korea during WWII, and left them as is and didn't do anything about it.

SkinnyPupp 12-13-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8381465)
Not trying to initiate any rage here, but Japan has helped out China quite a bit after WWII.
They donated $58 billion (if I remember correctly), and many more donations(millions) to assist China develop their country.
They did the same to Korea too as an apology.

I found that many people think Japan murdered people in China and Korea during WWII, and left them as is and didn't do anything about it.

That, and things didn't start to get really shitty in China until AFTER WW2 and the civil war.

Timpo 12-13-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8381540)
That, and things didn't start to get really shitty in China until AFTER WW2 and the civil war.

yeah, and if you know the history of Japan, Japanese people are bunch of Chinese people who decided to move to this little island called Japan.

So genetically speaking Japanese people and Chinese people are the same thing. Obviously they have different environment and culture so they evolved differently, but historically speaking, like food, culture, letters, constructions of buildings, etc. They share very similar aspect to Chinese, Korean, etc.

We have this "Border" or "Country" and those are just line on the map us human decided to put later in the time.
Japanese people are comprised by Chinese, Korean, Ainu, Philipino, etc.
There's no such thing as 100% pure "JAPANESE". If that makes sense.

Yodamaster 12-13-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8381553)
yeah, and if you know the history of Japan, Japanese people are bunch of Chinese people who decided to move to this little island called Japan.

So genetically speaking Japanese people and Chinese people are the same thing. Obviously they have different environment and culture so they evolved differently, but historically speaking, like food, culture, letters, constructions of buildings, etc. They share very similar aspect to Chinese, Korean, etc.

We have this "Border" or "Country" and those are just line on the map us human decided to put later in the time.

There is such a thing as 100% Japanese, and they are called the Japanese. If you want to pull the evolution card, then you might want to travel back to Africa (or Pangaea) where it all began, where nobody was 100% white, black, asian, or "Japanese". Everyone is 100% human, where you live defines what you are labelled as, and the Japanese live in Japan.

My ancestors came from Scotland, but you don't see people saying that I'm essentially a Scotsman when I was born and raised in Canada. Different countries have different rules and traditions, and I guarantee you that any Japanese man worth his salt would cast out a stern look for saying he was essentially Chinese.

SkinnyPupp 12-13-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8381553)

What? :derp:

jasonturbo 12-13-2013 07:25 PM

Timpo, if you don't mind, would you care to share some details about yourself? How old you are, where you grew up, what you do for work/school etc...

I find you very interesting, just want to learn more about you...

rcoccultwar 12-13-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstce92 (Post 8379951)
from afar they might look impressive. but take a walk through one of China's cities. Makes me want to kill myself.

What exactly makes you want to kill yourself?

Ulic Qel-Droma 12-14-2013 12:21 PM

if mao didnt take over china... KMT would still be ruling, and china would just be one huge ass taiwan.

and maybe mao would be on the island of taiwan bitching about wanting to be separate with his communist state. lol that would be funny.

Mr.HappySilp 12-14-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 8381358)

LOL what you just said is true to a lot of Chinese IE Piss/poo in pubic, talk loudly in public, restaurant, spit, act as if they are better than you, rude, budge when lining up.........

EDIT: OH and when doing the driving test leave several hundred dollars on the passenger seat and claims it was not a bride when caught.