REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
2 Wheelin' Mod

"these people have no heart..."

why is that part needed
Advertisement
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
^Care to share 1 sided story post please?
its a sensationalized story with a cute picture of a dog attached. I've been on the internet long enough to know that a facebook status =/= truth.

Let the witchhunt begin!

Ontop of that the OP doesn't know the dude well enough to even know the dog name.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #28
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Anyone who thinks it's hard to lose a dog, especially a young dog, especially in a new environment, especially around other strange dogs, especially a working breed dog... well you don't know anything about dogs...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Instead of slandering the company maybe you your buddy along with the company should go out and look for the dog. Leave the name calling and lawsuits until you have spend time looking for the dog.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #30
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I think the last thing that's going through the Owner's/Op's mind is empathy towards the company which is very understandable.

Additionally, BC Breeders is in the business of taking care of dogs, it's not like he hired a dogsitter from CL.

Hope you find your dog!
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Nah man i think you guys got the wrong idea of my friend.

Lets all just ignore the "heartless" comment, if it doesnt apply it doesnt apply, he is just frustrated, and helpless since he cant even look for the dog himself. They lost the dog when they were suppose to dog sit him for 20 days whilst he goes on flight to UK or something for 20 days or so. He originally posted asking if anyone wanted to dog sit for 20 days, ended up going to a professional (better move by far).

More deets, he just got off the flight to msg me all this

"Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier I was on an 8 hour flight which sucks....cuz I'm so helpless to find my puppy. He loves people. 3 months old. Very friendly will go with anyone u just have to call his name (Sosa). He is scared of cars and wouldn't approach main roads or cross them (hopefully). Mickey Mouse collar on him and I can send more pictures if needed

The dog was kept in the puppy section at bc canine. I checked out the facility and nothing seems to be off. He can't climb the fence or get underneath. Somehow either he managed to escape. Or some one took him

Oh and they were supposed to be dog sitting him. We dropped him off at 8 am and they called us at noon saying he was gone"

Last edited by z3german; 12-19-2013 at 07:45 AM.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
its a sensationalized story with a cute picture of a dog attached. I've been on the internet long enough to know that a facebook status =/= truth.

Let the witchhunt begin!

Ontop of that the OP doesn't know the dude well enough to even know the dog name.
yea Im not close friends with the guy or anything, a friend from highschool is all.

I posted to help this guy out cause I can imagine what it feels like, hiring a professional and within 4 hours, something irreplaceable is lost... Hes not a bad guy or anything, im sure the "heartless" comment was just in the heat of the moment, just like when things get heated up and people say things they would not usually say.

Some of you guys are weird thinking that I need to be fucking blood brothers with the guy to help him out. Or that just because he called the professional facility that LOST HIS FUCKING DOG, heartless, makes some of you not even wanting to bother to post some kind words, or help out.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #33

Oh and by the way, im not fucking looking for a witch hunt, I just want him to get his dog back.

I couldnt care less about BC Canine, and im not expecting anyone to boycott them.
ALL I SAID WAS THAT IF I WAS IN HIS POSITION, I would look at legal routes cause that is unlucky as fuck, but you know what thats the cost of business (for bc canine), you win some you lose some.

If he finds the dog 100% okay, why even go after bc canine, honest mistake hopefully.

If he finds the dog all fucked up, then BC Canine should foot the bill no?

If he doesnt find the dog, BC Canine should compensate in some way

No fucking witch hunt here
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
My dogs are there as I type this. BC Canaine has gone through multiple management changes over the last 5 or so years. The people there now seem to be OK. I've never had a problem. Really fucked up that they would "lose" a dog. They are the professionals and for this to happen is beyond unacceptable. They are supposed to know how to handle all dogs in all situations. I feel for your friend being thousands of miles away and helpless. I would be going ape shit and catching a flight home immediately.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
My dogs are there as I type this. BC Canaine has gone through multiple management changes over the last 5 or so years. The people there now seem to be OK. I've never had a problem. Really fucked up that they would "lose" a dog. They are the professionals and for this to happen is beyond unacceptable. They are supposed to know how to handle all dogs in all situations. I feel for your friend being thousands of miles away and helpless. I would be going ape shit and catching a flight home immediately.
I dont know if its viable for him to come back, but yea the frustration is definitely visible with his messages.

He has family here looking for him, and also contacted SPCA and animal control.

Unrelated to white rocket's comment, I dont get why some of you think he isnt looking for his own dog
Old 12-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #36

Did they even make an attempt to looks for Sosa after they realized he was missing. Or did they just discover he was missing then call your friend? And what is calling him going to do but only upset him. Get off your fucking ass and go look for the fucking dog you lost. My blood is boiling a bit right now and I'm having a hard time thinking that BC Canaine hasn't done everything they can to find the dog.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #37

I'll check with him ASAP on what bc canine is doing, he hasn't mentioned anything, I think it's preemptive to say they haven't attempted anything
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #38

Please let us know what BC Canaine is doing at this point. I wish I read this thread yesterday then I would've mentioned something while dropping my dogs off this morning.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Lost the dog.....with a dog like that I would be be surprised is someone took the dog. I would love to have a dog like that but cant at this point in life.

I hope it is found, so sad. If its truly lost I can only imagine what the poor thing is thinking. Its so cold out and wet, poor thing.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #40
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
lol.. everyone getting their panties in a knot over the frustrated owner using the word 'heartless'. If any of you were in his position, i'm sure your choice of words would be more slanderous.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #41
Banned By Establishment

I hope his dog has a chip or at least a tattoo in his ear to make id easier
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #42
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Any dog owners would be frustrated when a caretaker lost their dogs. Stop dishing the owner. The slander was unnecessary but perfectly understandable from his point of view. A dog is not a child but the relationship with one is pretty similar. Imagine your daycare lost your child...

It's pretty clear who owns dogs in this thread and who's just talking out of their asses.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #43

Any updates from the dog owner? I will be picking my dogs up today at 6pm. I'll ask to see if they have made any progress.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #44

No updates yet, when he msged me he was in the UK, so he is probably on another flight to go to his final destination.

Will update as soon as he msgs me.

Thank you white rocket for asking BC Canine, Im sure my friend would want updates from them.

Im sure BC Canine is reputable as everyone on here has had good experiences, and Im sure this is just an honest mistake, if they ask how you know or something just say theres a lookout for him online, last thing I want is BC Canine giving my friend the run around just because of his facebook status regarding "heartless".
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #45

If you can ask for more specific details about the dog for us here it would be great, they had some contact with the dog before he went missing so hopefully they have more a more defining description to help with the search.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Pet owners worst nightmare
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #47
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Are you guys fucking kidding me? Put the dog in a ROOM when they're not supervised. Y'know, those things with four walls and a door. Then you're not likely to lose the dog unless you have a huge ass couch they can get stuck in like change.

Fucking hell, I've taken care of dogs before. When I'm not watching them, they're somewhere they can't just up and fuck off from.

They don't have thumbs. They can't operate doors. How hard is it to keep a dog in a kennel?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Are you guys fucking kidding me? Put the dog in a ROOM when they're not supervised. Y'know, those things with four walls and a door. Then you're not likely to lose the dog unless you have a huge ass couch they can get stuck in like change.

Fucking hell, I've taken care of dogs before. When I'm not watching them, they're somewhere they can't just up and fuck off from.

They don't have thumbs. They can't operate doors. How hard is it to keep a dog in a kennel?
Yea, them being professionals too, with credibility.

Makes you think someone just stole it
Old 12-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #49
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
maybe it was a teamwork escape?

Old 12-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #50
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:

Honestly - even if you think you've put dog somewhere that's supposedly secure - the dog will always one up you. It happens.