REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
if they ask how you know or something just say theres a lookout for him online, last thing I want is BC Canine giving my friend the run around just because of his facebook status regarding "heartless".
I will be diplomatic about it. Asking for a friend, etc.
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #52
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Are you guys fucking kidding me? Put the dog in a ROOM when they're not supervised. Y'know, those things with four walls and a door. Then you're not likely to lose the dog unless you have a huge ass couch they can get stuck in like change.

Fucking hell, I've taken care of dogs before. When I'm not watching them, they're somewhere they can't just up and fuck off from.

They don't have thumbs. They can't operate doors. How hard is it to keep a dog in a kennel?
Actually.... one of my huskies figured out how to use a door knob. He uses both paws and turns. Huskies have a reputation for being escape artists. Also, they are known to run away and.... not come back. I'm hoping OP's friend can find his pup soon. This truly is a nightmare come to life for an avid dog owner.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

New updates, he just landed in Abu Dabi

Hes probably going to get flamed for saying he is slandering the company, but they kind of lost his dog... so yea theres that

"Well of course I'm slandering the company. Because they don't just lose a dog. And the way they were dealing with me seems really fishy. It's like he almost disappeared out of there

They pretty much said they have no idea how he can escape. I checked around they're fenced yard. The gates are all well and there is no space for a dog to escape

My fear is that he was stolen

Also I asked two staff member if they have surveillance on site. One said yes. The other said no

Yeah. Something just does not feel right

They said that they are looking during day light. And that they notified spca and animal control

That's about it

Thank you. That's all I can think of at the moment. Also my girlfriend is going to be on Ctv news tonight between 5 and 6 along with the kennels response and a video of Sosa playing"

If the conversation doesnt really make sense, its because I omitted my own questions, those are exactly his responses.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #54

His gf made this

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2648...4829277005238/
Old 12-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
So he dropped it off, they lost it, and called him 4 hours after the dog was dropped off ...

That seems like a pretty responsible and transparent action to an obviously awkward and upsetting situation.

Not saying there isn't foul play afoot, but it seems unlikely the person who called and management is trying to pull something "fishy."
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #56

Yea, im on the side that its probably an honest mistake.

But when things like that happen, if youre the victim you just become more aware of small shit that makes him say fishy.

Like if you got pick pocketed before and now you are just more aware of people acting as if they gonna take something.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #57

I asked when I was picking my dogs up(asked as an acquaintance) and she just said, yeah, he escaped, so sad, we called the SPCA and we have someone looking for him constantly. I asked what if one of my dogs escaped, what would you do? Are you liable? What is your exposure? What are my options? She just said that they would deal with the owner directly in that case. I left it at that realizing that this is not the right person to be talking to about this. It was all in small talk fashion and pretty emotionless without any "witch hunt" implications. I have been dealing with them for about 7 years now and never had an issue. However, they have been through ownership changes and at least 3 management changes in that time. Yet even throughout those changes I've never had any reason to question anything. My dogs always seem normal with no indication of mistreatment when I pick them up. And they can be aggressive at times as they are both females and one has aggression/protection issues yet that has never been an issue there. The even stayed for over 2 weeks while my wife and I were in Thailand. Again, zero issues. Anyway, this ain't about my dogs so I digress.

OP: Your friend really needs to get a hold of the owner. Did you sign anything as a new customer? Liability waivers? Contract? If my dog escaped today and I received the same casual response as I got today while asking about the dog in question, well; that wouldn't be fun for anyone. I haven't seen the news report yet and couldn't find it online.

Updates anyone?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #58

msged my friend with your advice to contact the owner of BC Canine.

Will update if any new info comes out or if found of course.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #59
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Geez, you guys own the McGuyvers of dogs. McDogvers...
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #60

Search for missing husky puppy Sosa - CBC News Vancouver at 6 - CBC Player
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #61

signed a contract absolving them of all responsibility?

I get like injuries and stuff due to other dogs, but a lost dog? Makes you think to never put valuable breeds into places that do that, I can see how its fishy...
Old 12-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #62

Kennel 'apologizing like crazy' after losing Husky puppy - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 12-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
2 Wheelin' Mod

looking at the video it seems pretty hard for a 3 month old husky to get out. It would be more likely that somebody stole the puppies. Huskies are pretty expensive and blue eyed ones are worth more.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #64
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
there's more i could add but i don't want to derail this thread
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #65
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
looking at the video it seems pretty hard for a 3 month old husky to get out. It would be more likely that somebody stole the puppies. Huskies are pretty expensive and blue eyed ones are worth more.
In a different environment, I would tent to agree. However, from a kennel (and not a cheap one), I doubt a fellow dog owner would do such a thing.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #66
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Good point, but what's the point of it?

1) Should it absolve and diminish the Kennel's fault or liability?

2) Or perhaps the owner shouldn't be as upset or emotionally frantic because... well like Hondaracer says about Lucic and Granville St. clubs... it should be expected?

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #67
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

It really does look like somebody stole the dog. Time to install security cameras?
MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #68
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

This thread has taught me that the majority of people don't believe that accidents can happen. It's like we drop a glass plate from our hands, and its the plate companies fault. Sometimes unfortunate things happen. Let's just say this canine center has been around for 10 years, that's 3650 days. Let's average it out that the center always has a minimum 5 dogs. So that's 18,250 opportunities that an accident could have occurred with a dog, and so something like the gate wasn't fully latched occurred and one unfortunate dog got out from the 18,000. It's like we have made these people out to be the fucking devil.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #69
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Actually.... one of my huskies figured out how to use a door knob. He uses both paws and turns. Huskies have a reputation for being escape artists. Also, they are known to run away and.... not come back. I'm hoping OP's friend can find his pup soon. This truly is a nightmare come to life for an avid dog owner.
i agree my husky also figured out how to use the door knob and the lock by watching me go in and out of my balcony.
Edit: he used what he learn to go outside to poop and play, but he left the door wide open..... so now i have him leashed onto my kitchen/living room door knob when im not home.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)

Last edited by EvoLove; 12-19-2013 at 09:58 PM.
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #70
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
odd that they don't have security cameras i'm not implying anything nefarious mind you it's just that you would think a business such as that would have them

hope your friend finds her dog with a Husky i wouldn't be too surprised if it got through those barriers on it's own as I understand they're quite clever and it looks like the area around the kennel can be a giant playground for a dog
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #71

my dogs made the news

man, what a horrible occurance I would be in stitches. Personally, I would get some legal advice if the dog is not found. Liability waivers can be loosey goosey and fought in court. The dollar value of the dog and the emotional heartache are lawyer worthly. Not trying to take anything away from BC Canine as I'm sure it was just a mistake but still, there has to be some accountability since they are the professionals. Just my $0.02. I'll still use them as my dogs seem to dig it there.

<---sub'd for updates
Old 12-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #72
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

According to the facebook page, Sosa has been found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette Sondos Henricus
I just found Sosa in the bushes!!!! OMG words cannot explain how relieved I am thank you to everyone that spread the word. Sosa is back home not in the cold alone any more! Alahumdullah!!!!
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #73
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Good point, but what's the point of it?

1) Should it absolve and diminish the Kennel's fault or liability?

2) Or perhaps the owner shouldn't be as upset or emotionally frantic because... well like Hondaracer says about Lucic and Granville St. clubs... it should be expected?

That wasn't my point. I said it must be hard to lose a dog but then all these fuckers make their pets sound like they starred in the Shawshank Redemption.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #74
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaKo View Post
According to the facebook page, Sosa has been found!
thought it might be in those woods like i said it looks like a giant playground for a dog

Quote:
That wasn't my point. I said it must be hard to lose a dog but then all these fuckers make their pets sound like they starred in the Shawshank Redemption.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #75
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
From the CBC story:
Quote:
"It' s been probably the hardest 24 hours of my life. I've never had anything like this happen to me. He's part of our family," she said.

"I didn't even know what to think. We trusted the kennel, it's like a daycare.

"You take your own child and you put your child there to watch over your baby. He's our child.
So the owner thought it was a good idea to leave a 3 month old child with strangers for 20 days? Does that seem like someone who should have children?