REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Who should I talk to about problems at work? - Security

As a lot of us know, a lot of security companies treat their employees like crap... I can't really name my company but I really really really want to just complain. Been talking to the recruiter for the past 2 months before christmas holidays about getting shifts for the christmas season. As the season started I spoke to several managers for their sites, they all were promising for a lot of shifts as they needed people, gave me the training shifts. I did a shift as a LPO and a whole week at their newest contract... I had a whole week scheduled too, then all of the sudden they hired a new guy and took all my shifts away and provided me with no shifts. Even took away the shifts I had for the past year and a half. Trained this new guy today who is taking my shift tomorrow. Like there is so much WTF in my head at the moment.. Could at least tell my you are going to fire me (as it seems right now) if you are going to give this new guy who can barely speak english work here. I have been calling my control center for the past hour trying to get shifts and they tell me there is nothing available.. Already thinking of leaving the company now, but who would you guys suggest to talk to before quitting?

Also this is non-union so I don't have a union to bring my problems to either.
Advertisement
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Since its a non-union, there isnt much you can do.. I doubt labour law would be any good.. Unfortunately, 1 of the ways companies try to get employees to leave without firing them, is to start giving them less and less shift until they quit...

Maybe someone whos more proficient with the labour laws can chime in.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
They haven't broken any laws, they're just not very good employers. And Ferrari's right about them seemingly trying to force you to quit.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Life's too short iKay and things don't change unless you speak up. There are many security companies out there, speak with employer in a respectful and constructive way. If they don't keep you employed then move on.. you'll probably find something much better.
Posted via RS Mobile
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
new guy who can barely speak english

you said it yourself sir, this guy is working harder for less money and less "rights" than you are...

all some companies care about is efficiency and its unfortunate.. start looking for another job as this one is trying to squeeze you out
snails is offline   Reply With Quote