REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Ibiza - Please tell me your experiences / booking / etc

Hello,

I'm looking to maybe go to Ibiza for my honeymoon or at least the vacation following my honeymoon.

I have never travelled to Spain, and I haven't been to Europe since 1996.

Has anyone gone to Ibiza? How did you plan it? How long did you stay? Which clubs did you visit? How much did it cost overall?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and have a good day.
Advertisement
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
When are you planning on going? This is important to know because Ibiza has a particular clubbing season that goes on in full swing between April/May'ish to about September.

It will suck if you go during the off-season because not much goes on unless you want to just relax.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

If we go, it will be the end of July/early August
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have the answers to all of your questions because the last time I was in Ibiza was back in 2005. I am confident to say things have changed significantly (for the most part anyway.)

But to answer your questions:
  • How did you plan it? - I didn't. I was already in London and Paris and I found a cheap flight on Air Berlin, booked it and went. Everything I did was spur of the moment, from hotels, to clubs/bars etc. I did do some reading on Ibiza Spotlight which I found very helpful.
  • Which clubs did you visit? - I ended up going to Pacha, Space and Es Paradis.
  • How much did it cost? - I went at the tail end of the season so I was there for the closing parties. By that time, most of the tourists have gone home so hotels were cheap'ish. I splurged and stayed at the Pacha Hotel in Ibiza Town when it was relatively new for about $125 Euros per night but that included cover to their club, breakfast and drink vouchers.

When I was in San Antonio, I stayed at I think what is now known as The Bellemar hotel (sorry, I don't recall exactly.) GFunk and his friend stayed at I think the Marfil Hotel which is a lot more central to San Antonio. Just keep in mind during the times you are planning to go, it's full-on tourist season so be prepared to pay tourist prices everywhere you go!

Make sure you learn some basic Spanish. The locals there really do appreciate people who do try, even if it is saying hello, please, and thanks. They have been dealing with flocks of British and German tourists who don't try whatsoever to the point where menus will have more than 3 languages. Have fun and stay safe!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: