REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Boxing day deals! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691470-boxing-day-deals.html)

saveth 12-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayceeee (Post 8389403)
so i opened the tv 55in series 6 led smart tv

and its cracked, so i took it back to visions and now the manager says they have to send it back to samsung for RMA, then once they get the approval and when they get stock we'll get one, but if its not approved then we're hooped..

has anyone dealt with this with visions before?

I hope you didn't transport it to your house screen side down or screen side up. If you did, deny it. Televisions are meant to be transported right side up but you should be fine transporting it upside down. The weight of the screen may crack itself.
Posted via RS Mobile

Sw0op 12-27-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 8389587)
^

Woah, where?

Sportchek. Theyre like 50% off right now at $140. Then you can use the team assist coupon for an additional 20%. The 87 flexes are gettin low in supply now though....pm me if you want the locations ive checked

Mr.HappySilp 12-27-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayceeee (Post 8389403)
so i opened the tv 55in series 6 led smart tv

and its cracked, so i took it back to visions and now the manager says they have to send it back to samsung for RMA, then once they get the approval and when they get stock we'll get one, but if its not approved then we're hooped..

has anyone dealt with this with visions before?

You are too nice I would rage and pretty much want a new TV on the spot or refund. Since you just got it, maybe it was crack before you even move it. Maybe it was crack when it was being transport from Vision warehouse to the Vision retail store.

I would go back there ASAP and demand a refund if they deny it open a ticket with your CC company.

nabs 12-28-2013 02:13 AM

lol if it came from the samsung warehouse in richmond.... those guys treat the shit so badly for small orders such as visions orders. most likely occurred at the w/house.

Lomac 12-28-2013 10:44 AM

Wasn't impressed with the sales this year. One of the traditions a buddy and I would do every year is to line up at NCIX in Langley for one of their in-store only door crashers, but since I'm now living out of town, I decided to sleep in. :lol I did wander around a bit and checked out some ads, but there really wasn't any smoking deals anywhere. The one thing I was hoping for was a decent double-din deck for my car. :okay:

MG1 12-28-2013 12:16 PM

Should have driven down to Soundsgood for their boxing day event.
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 12-28-2013 12:55 PM

Nah, the cost of fuel to drive down would have more than negated any savings I might have had. :okay:

Iceman_2K 12-28-2013 01:44 PM

Which Enterprise model is it? Pics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8388850)
Went to Magic Box Hobbies for their 20% off sale. Now off to Imperial Hobbies 25% off sale. Got NCC 1701A 1/350 model kit as well as Dragon Model's limited edition 1/35 scale Nashorn kit. Now to get some paints.
Posted via RS Mobile

cdizzle_996 12-28-2013 02:45 PM

Picked up a Columbia winter coat for 119, regular 299 from Sportchek

MG1 12-28-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman_2K (Post 8389856)
Which Enterprise model is it? Pics?

NCC 1701A by Polar Lights. Will install LED lights after I do the research. I'm like 8 models behind, so it will be a while before I get to it. Models get really expensive when they go out of production. I'm looking for a Ban Dai Voyager, but those things for for. Like $250 or more.
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 12-28-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8389842)
Nah, the cost of fuel to drive down would have more than negated any savings I might have had. :okay:

Hurry up and move back to civilization. LOLOLOL
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.HappySilp 12-28-2013 04:20 PM

got a bunch of plain Tess from forever21 for $3.80 each online also club Monaco have sale with additional 40% off their sale items. Price might still not as cheap as H&M, forever21 but the quality is good. Got a pair of pants from them ages ago and still looks good.

godwin 12-28-2013 04:52 PM

For those who are looking for tool sets. I think Canadian Tire has a pretty good deal on Stanley 164 pieces + another box of 36 wrenches for 99 bucks. Granted toolset prices are inflated 3x ala Canadian Tire..

For the Stanley mobile work station, I was told most places are phantom stock. But at the Marine Drive store, it seems have trouble differentiating the models and they have the super large one instead.. talk to the CSR they will give you that one half price. You add another toolbox on top of the existing mobile base. (Basically the $120 model that people bought together.)

KMS is going all out for high end customers with Festool etc. and making money off Franchisees.

TypeRNammer 12-28-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8389932)
For those who are looking for tool sets. I think Canadian Tire has a pretty good deal on Stanley 164 pieces + another box of 36 wrenches for 99 bucks. Granted toolset prices are inflated 3x ala Canadian Tire..

For the Stanley mobile work station, I was told most places are phantom stock. But at the Marine Drive store, it seems have trouble differentiating the models and they have the super large one instead.. talk to the CSR they will give you that one half price. You add another toolbox on top of the existing mobile base. (Basically the $120 model that people bought together.)

KMS is going all out for high end customers with Festool etc. and making money off Franchisees.

Canadian Tire also had another tool box, think it was 128 pcs for 34.99, mastercraft brand

GS8 12-28-2013 09:31 PM

http://www.musik-produktiv.com/pic-0...bkbk_01xxl.jpg

http://www.jeejuh.com/images/blog/mbox-3-back.jpg

+ 1 XLR Cable

Avoided Best Buy and Futureshop like the H1N1. Too many punchable faces over there. Went to Tom Lee and picked up this amazing gear instead. Saved almost $500.

godwin 12-28-2013 09:39 PM

AFAIK Stanley has quick release (+ for me).. and the Mastercraft one on sale on the flyer only has 1/4 and 3/8 which is fine for around the house but you need something more for automotive use.

You can take Stanley to be replaced at any Bostitch dealer.. vs Mastercraft now generally need to bring your whole set + receipt in for any replacement.. booo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 8389977)
Canadian Tire also had another tool box, think it was 128 pcs for 34.99, mastercraft brand

Lomac 12-28-2013 10:13 PM

Crap, didn't even think about Tom Lee and other music stores. Since my actual piano is still in storage in Langley, I've been wanting to pick up an electric piano for a while to tie me over. Also need violin strings and pegs to fix my old violin.

Maybe there'll be something still on sale tomorrow. :fullofwin:

GS8 12-28-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8390090)
Crap, didn't even think about Tom Lee and other music stores. Since my actual piano is still in storage in Langley, I've been wanting to pick up an electric piano for a while to tie me over. Also need violin strings and pegs to fix my old violin.

Maybe there'll be something still on sale tomorrow. :fullofwin:

Do it. I think it's Boxing week @ Tom Lee. Also give Long & McQuade a look. I plan to get some cables and a pop filter from there.

Windstar 12-29-2013 12:29 AM

I work at Tom Lee Music head office. Boxing Week sale doesn't end until Dec 31st. Certain electric pianos have a really big rebate up to $200, just ask!

they are actually extending the sales till middle of jan

godwin 12-29-2013 11:32 PM

Not quite boxing day deal.. but

STANLEY | Sortmaster Light Bonus Pk | Home Depot Canada

Is mis labeled as 12.97 at HomeDepot Store.. so if you ask nicely.. first item with mis labeled price is free :)

So 9.97 for 2 packages ie 4 boxes

MG1 12-30-2013 10:19 AM

Stupid homedepot.ca website is down. Just when I get to Home Depot. WTF, LOL. It's tagged at $11.99.
Posted via RS Mobile

Iceman_2K 12-30-2013 10:43 AM

Good luck with the Voyager...I haven't seen one around ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8389893)
NCC 1701A by Polar Lights. Will install LED lights after I do the research. I'm like 8 models behind, so it will be a while before I get to it. Models get really expensive when they go out of production. I'm looking for a Ban Dai Voyager, but those things for for. Like $250 or more.
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 12-30-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman_2K (Post 8390677)
Good luck with the Voyager...I haven't seen one around ever.

The Ban Dai one I can get on-line for a hefty price. There is a Revell/Monogram one that is/was sold in Europe. Also, only on-line.

I saw one for really cheap at the IPMS swap meet in October, but I wasn't into the Star Trek stuff and had my eyes set on IJN model ships.

insomniac 12-30-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8389919)
got a bunch of plain Tess from forever21 for $3.80 each online also club Monaco have sale with additional 40% off their sale items. Price might still not as cheap as H&M, forever21 but the quality is good. Got a pair of pants from them ages ago and still looks good.

LOL you cant compare H&M quality with club monaco. thats like comparing a civic with a Mercedes. fit is way nicer for club monaco and you get what you pay for from H&M. it will stretch and wear out in a few washes. but i got button ups during the sales at club monaco for $27 ish taxed (originally priced at $89). the deals were such a steal. yesterday was the last day for 40% off though.

SumAznGuy 12-30-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sw0op (Post 8389615)
Sportchek. Theyre like 50% off right now at $140. Then you can use the team assist coupon for an additional 20%. The 87 flexes are gettin low in supply now though....pm me if you want the locations ive checked

$119 is for the intermediates and $140 for the Senior flexes.
Mako's are $120 for the senior flexes.

FWIW, Bauer will have a new Nexus stick out next year so people will start to blow out the old stock since the Nexus 1000 is at least 2 years old.