REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Audi A3 Superbowl Ads?

Just came across this video and short article that could quite possibly be the upcoming Superbowl Ad for Audi.

What do you guys think about the video/ad?

Quote:
Audi has set in motion a rather antagonistic campaign for the U.S. launch of its all-new 2015 A3 sedan that will begin arriving in dealer lots early next year with prices starting from $29,900 for the base 170hp 1.8-liter model.
The new spots aim against rivaling brands BMW, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, declaring that the 2015 Audi A3 is the car of choice for buyers who are looking for a compact executive sedan that won't bring forth feelings of shame and remorse – if that makes sense.

"Don't give in to the temptations to settle for the wrong luxury car," reads one of the four ads, while another one says, "Father knows best -- especially when it comes to saving yourself for the right luxury car."

We haven’t confirmed this yet, but there's a very strong possibility that the four fresh spots found on Audi's YouTube page hidden from plain site (locked) could be the brand's 2014 Super Bowl ads – it’s not uncommon for companies to release them early, and perhaps Audi is testing the waters online before it airs them on TV.

Article here:
SuperBowl Ads? Audi Tells BMW, Lexus and Merc Buyers that New A3 Sedan is the Shameless Choice - Carscoops
Advertisement
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
He Said shit. I doubt it will be a Super Bowl ad.

Stupid ad IMO.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
this ad is just stupid period

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
no way in hell this is gonna be on superbowl.. if they do put it on whoever makes that decision should be fired.

seems more like a parody fake ad if anything. i lol'd when the black guy said 'if this mercedes was my company car, it's not my company'
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
How is an Audi any less superficial and unreliable than the other 2 this ad is trying to diss?

It's like.... Coach trying to say Gucci and Prada are just brand names they don't mean anything....In the end these names all USED to mean SOMETHING....but now it's just a marketing tool to get these things sold at a better margin than other cars that cost similar money to build.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Hilarious. I find it quite amusing how Audi and BMW have these competitions here and there to spice things up in the automotive world.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
They would have to trim down the ad significantly. There is no way they would get a spot over 1:30. I doubt they would get one over 1:00.

May not be a bad thing, the ad is way to long as it is any ways.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote