REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2015 c class amg exterior (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691599-2015-c-class-amg-exterior.html)

DEADBEA7 01-01-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391698)
All I said was the 335i will beat the v8 m3 in a straight line with just a tune. I never said anything about the 335i beating the m3 at the track, we all know the m3 is a handling beast.

Having driven both the V8 M3 and multiple 335i's with Dinan and JB tunes, to me the V8 is so much more lively and thrilling to drive on full tilt. Not doubting the capabilities of a chipped turbo six that can be made really fast for little money but both engines give a very different experience.

Limitless 01-01-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Stubbz (Post 8391697)
im not directly saying that the m sport packages in itself is making the reg 3 series into a mock m3, but instead the m sport packages among said owner's modifications making them look like mock m3s

I'm pretty sure that most of the people who get the m sport package just wants their car to look more aggressive, and are not trying to turn it into a fake m3. At the same time, people who want to do an 'm3 conversion' exterior wise with grills and all wouldn't exactly be looking into getting the m sport bumpers either.

Mr.Stubbz 01-01-2014 05:42 PM

hey, i get that, but there is always a handful of people who do do that kind of thing. if everybody in the world tastefully modded their cars it would be a better place but i can totally imagine one guy being like "oh yea, i got the amg package, ive tuned it exactly like an amg but didnt want to get the amg cus of ______ but its basically a c63 amg"

Limitless 01-01-2014 05:47 PM

LOL that's true, I remember hearing that a lot back in high school and a year or two after high school grad..

Mr.Stubbz 01-01-2014 05:54 PM

damn, shoulda named this thread "2015 c63 amg" without the exterior part lol :badpokerface: anywho

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoblog
Skipping the 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8 that has gone on to power other AMG models, the next C63 AMG is still expected to introduce a new 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 producing between 450 and 500 horsepower. It'll also reportedly keep the same seven-speed automatic transmission (instead of switching to the new nine-speed), but the jury's still out on whether it'll come with rear- or all-wheel drive (or offer buyers the choice). The downsized V8 – codenamed M177 – is then expected to find its way into other models, but the C-Class will be the first to get it when it arrives before the end of the new year ahead.

:heckno: no more massive NA v8

Akinari 01-01-2014 07:34 PM

No more quad pipes :okay:

BEEB 01-01-2014 11:22 PM

I don't like the direction of the new C and E class.

Mr.Stubbz 01-02-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEB (Post 8391999)
I don't like the direction of the new C and E class.

same, the biggest gripe i have with the new e class is that they fused the lights together :okay: they shoulda left it with the 4 separate headlight design

Eff-1 01-02-2014 11:45 AM

For safe bet on what the new AMG C Class will look like, I would take a look at the CLA AMG for references. I think those photos are fairly close, but with the exception of likely much more aggressive wheels and I'm guessing some sort of large AMG badging on the side.

I am guessing where you will see the most differences will be the interior trim and seats.

JaeF 01-02-2014 11:56 AM

I think the e class coupe with the HUGE front intakes is a step up from the non facelifted version.
http://www.autogo.ca/assets/image/20...lass-coupe-660