REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2015 c class amg exterior (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691599-2015-c-class-amg-exterior.html)

Mr.Stubbz 12-31-2013 04:25 PM

2015 c class amg exterior
 
Potentially what the new c63 could look like, personally a bit disappointed as it doesnt look that different to the non amg model imo, hopefully they do make it a bit more aggressive than this. :okay:
*EDIT* apparently this is the "amg kit" so think of it as those tricked out bmw 335i's made to look like wannabe m3's

Attachment 19640

Attachment 19641

Attachment 19642

Attachment 19643

Attachment 19644

adc 12-31-2013 04:41 PM

I don't see any difference :suspicious:

pastarocket 12-31-2013 04:48 PM

Any renderings of the AMG interior?

Perhaps Mercedes will put more carbon fibre inside to give it the sporty look.
Posted via RS Mobile

The_AK 12-31-2013 04:50 PM

not much of a difference between regular 2015 c class

Mr.Stubbz 12-31-2013 05:00 PM

Whoop, upon further investigation, this is the "amg kit" lol :pokerface: so i guess its like the m sport package for bmw, so i guess this is the c class amg for people who cant handle/"afford" the 63 amg

boostfever 12-31-2013 05:09 PM

yeah, pretty sure the AMG version will have gigantic brakes and quad tips.

that looks decent though.

multicartual 12-31-2013 06:31 PM

Can't wait to see 17 year olds driving this around Richmond!

BBMme 12-31-2013 06:37 PM

I really hope it looks better in person.

Mr.Stubbz 12-31-2013 06:40 PM

i cant wait to see the 63 amg version its gonna have to be really spectacular to top the new m3, cus that thing looks amazing

Timpo 12-31-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 8391334)
I don't see any difference :suspicious:

yeah i know, what the shit

fivetwo 12-31-2013 10:30 PM

I don't think this is the c63 I think its is the c350 because the c63 has the signature quad outlet exhaust
Posted via RS Mobile

J____ 12-31-2013 11:48 PM

that's just the regular Sport model. not the amg

Mr.Stubbz 01-01-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Stubbz (Post 8391342)
Whoop, upon further investigation, this is the "amg kit" lol :pokerface: so i guess its like the m sport package for bmw, so i guess this is the c class amg for people who cant handle/"afford" the 63 amg

@j____ ^

BoostedBB6 01-01-2014 01:00 PM

Yeah........no.

Looks like BMW and Audi will corner this market until the next rendition of the C class comes out.

mikey2781 01-01-2014 04:09 PM

Can't tell if troll or not, but saying m-sports are wannabe M3's/M4's is ridiculous. Maybe some people don't want a ricey looking BMW, some will agree with me on this and some won't but the e9x m3's look so riced out. I like rice sometimes, but not on a premium priced BMW.

These base C classes and 3 series just look like shit without the "AMG package" and "m-sport package".

You really think someone who could afford to pay 20k over a base e90 for a m-sport 335i really can't afford another 10k for a m3?

Plus, when you compare a modified 335i with a e9x m3, the 335i will destroy the m3 in a straight line with less than $1000. Clearly this is no longer true for the next generation because the M's all have turbos now and not a huge ass v8 that is only good for exhaust sounds.

Can't believe I'm saying this but the 4-series with the m-sport looks way cleaner than the riced out M4. I had a m4 on pre-order, now I'm probably just going to wait a couple years for more options.


*edit to add pics*

Who would buy the ugly base models?
http://www.bimmerpost.com/storyimage...-046e-3e4a.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OLF5caO.jpg

belka 01-01-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391666)
Plus, when you compare a modified 335i with a e9x m3, the 335i will destroy the m3 in a straight line with less than $1000. Clearly this is no longer true for the next generation because the M's all have turbos now and not a huge ass v8 that is only good for exhaust sounds.

Have you owned either to be making such claims?

Limitless 01-01-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Stubbz (Post 8391329)
*EDIT* apparently this is the "amg kit" so think of it as those tricked out bmw 335i's made to look like wannabe m3's

The M sport package is hardly trying to trick people into thinking a 335i is an m3... :seriously:

mikey2781 01-01-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8391671)
Have you owned either to be making such claims?

Just youtube jb4 vs m3 or something like that, the 335i engine is like the modern day supra engine.

My brother in law has a 2008 335i sedan, it looks like crap but that thing will destroy any non-FI m3 in a straight line. I don't think they have m-sport packages back then for the sedans.

At first he had only a jb3 tune, but he was already destroying m3's in a straight line.

Now he has intakes + JB4 + downpipes + FMIC + chargepipe all for $1200, he dyno'd at 395whp and 405tq. (Stock e9x m3 does 350whp and 230tq on the same dyno)

Once he upgrades his turbos, he will pull on 458's.

belka 01-01-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391677)
Just youtube jb4 vs m3 or something like that, the 335i engine is like the modern day supra engine.

My brother in law has a 2008 335i sedan, it looks like crap but that thing will destroy any non-FI m3 in a straight line. I don't think they have m-sport packages back then for the sedans.

At first he had only a jb3 tune, but he was already destroying m3's in a straight line.

Now he has intakes + JB4 + downpipes + FMIC + chargepipe all for $1200, he dyno'd at 395whp and 405tq. (Stock e9x m3 does 350whp and 230tq on the same dyno)

Once he upgrades his turbos, he will pull on 458's.

No one is buying V8 M3s for their straight line acceleration, if they are then they are idiots because they weren't built for that. Even at that you are comparing modified vs stock so what is the point. Besides, I've seen enough threads where people with highly modded N54/N55 BMW's trade in for a stock M3. If I want pure straight line speed there are much cheaper alternatives than BMW.

j3welz 01-01-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391677)
Just youtube jb4 vs m3 or something like that, the 335i engine is like the modern day supra engine.

My brother in law has a 2008 335i sedan, it looks like crap but that thing will destroy any non-FI m3 in a straight line. I don't think they have m-sport packages back then for the sedans.

At first he had only a jb3 tune, but he was already destroying m3's in a straight line.

Now he has intakes + JB4 + downpipes + FMIC + chargepipe all for $1200, he dyno'd at 395whp and 405tq. (Stock e9x m3 does 350whp and 230tq on the same dyno)

Once he upgrades his turbos, he will pull on 458's. BMW JB4 RB 335 vs Ferrari 458 Italia rematch - YouTube

You've obviously never driven an M3. Any car can be made to go fast with mods. What you're comparing is a modded vs stock car, which is moot. The chassis, suspension, stability, and confidence you get at high speeds in the M3 are miles ahead of the 335i, not to mention a V8 that revs to 8400rpm. Bet you've never experienced that thrill before.

This is from a former 335i owner with heavy mods than switched to an M3.

Mr.Stubbz 01-01-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limitless (Post 8391674)
The M sport package is hardly trying to trick people into thinking a 335i is an m3... :seriously:

im not directly saying that the m sport packages in itself is making the reg 3 series into a mock m3, but instead the m sport packages among said owner's modifications making them look like mock m3s

mikey2781 01-01-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8391694)
No one is buying V8 M3s for their straight line acceleration, if they are then they are idiots because they weren't built for that. Even at that you are comparing modified vs stock so what is the point. Besides, I've seen enough threads where people with highly modded N54/N55 BMW's trade in for a stock M3. If I want pure straight line speed there are much cheaper alternatives than BMW.

That's what they all say, then why buy a track car for daily street driving? Do you really need the so superior handling from the m3 when you make turns in the city?

And well you asked about the $1000 in mods to beat the m3 in a straight and I replied.

This debate will go on for 1000 years, it will never end.

All I said was the 335i will beat the v8 m3 in a straight line with just a tune. I never said anything about the 335i beating the m3 at the track, we all know the m3 is a handling beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3welz (Post 8391696)
You've obviously never driven an M3. Any car can be made to go fast with mods. What you're comparing is a modded vs stock car, which is moot. The chassis, suspension, stability, and confidence you get at high speeds in the M3 are miles ahead of the 335i, not to mention a V8 that revs to 8400rpm. Bet you've never experienced that thrill before.

This is from a former 335i owner with heavy mods than switched to an M3.

End of story. One will always defend their current cars and smash their previous cars when they "upgrade". However, they will always say my V8 is special and the new m3/m4's twin turbos will not rev as high as my v8 and will never sound as good. But when they upgrade to the new m3/m4, they will start saying the v8 sucks bad on gas and the acceleration is weak in comparison.

Once again, all I said was the 335i with just a tune has better STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE.

belka 01-01-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391698)
That's what they all say, then why buy a track car for daily street driving? Do you really need the so superior handling from the m3 when you make turns in the city?

You've obviously never driven one so you wouldn't understand. The M3 is light years ahead of a 335 in every aspect, it's a completely different car. The only reason I'd buy a 335 would be for the Xdrive if it was my only car.

Oh and merc needs to bring their C class AMG in wagon form to Canada. :awesom:

j3welz 01-01-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey2781 (Post 8391698)
End of story. One will always defend their current cars and smash their previous cars when they "upgrade". However, they will always say my V8 is special and the new m3/m4's twin turbos will not rev as high as my v8 and will never sound as good. But when they upgrade to the new m3/m4, they will start saying the v8 sucks bad on gas and the acceleration is weak in comparison.

Once again, all I said was the 335i with just a tune has better STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE.

You're pretty delusional if you think that. I know of many owners who did the same switch and never looked back. Never have I met someone who did the opposite (went from an M3 to a 335i) for performance reasons.

mikey2781 01-01-2014 05:34 PM

True I've never driven one but I sit in one every other week when my co-worker drives me home.

Handling feels sharper and more stable/planted, the exhaust note makes me jizz, the DCT is insane compared to the normal AT in the 335i. The wider fenders make the car stand out, normal 3 series just blends in with the crowd. That's pretty much all I can say that is better than the 335i.

I don't think anyone, including me, would be switching from a m3 to a 335i. But I would never switch from a 335i to a m3 from the same generation if I am not planning to track the car.

Like I said many times now, all I said was 335i + a cheap tune will destroy the M3 in straight line performance.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net