REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #51
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
now that this topic is up.. i beleive if the radiation is bad enough to travel agross the sea and cause detrimental health issues in a week.. then you really arnt safe anywhere.. eventually it will be all around the world "based on the graph and timeline"

my first thought while reading this.. why not bury the plant in concrete or something, i understand its easier said than done.. but if half the world is really at risk you assume there would be nothing thats "impossible".. currently they are pumping sea water into the pants to keep it cool to prevent a meltdown.. but thats just irradiating the surrounding water.

as goes for your question.. not moving, wouldnt consider it unless i saw on the news everyone was getting fried like KFC chicken.. but again.. makes it over a sea.. wont be long before it consumes a continent..

speaking of KFC, im hungry!

Advertisement
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
now that this topic is up.. i beleive if the radiation is bad enough to travel agross the sea and cause detrimental health issues in a week.. then you really arnt safe anywhere.. eventually it will be all around the world "based on the graph and timeline"
What really gets me is how all these doom-and-gloom "radiation maps" seem to make out like the upper level winds will just carry all this stuff OVER the ocean, and then unceremoniously drop it right on the coast. Like seriously, wind currents don't work that way.

Quote:
my first thought while reading this.. why not bury the plant in concrete or something, i understand its easier said than done.. but if half the world is really at risk you assume there would be nothing thats "impossible".. currently they are pumping sea water into the pants to keep it cool to prevent a meltdown.. but thats just irradiating the surrounding water.
That wouldn't help. Burying the whole thing in concrete wouldn't stop the reaction or cool it down.

As a general (and grossly over-simplified) concept, a "meltdown" happens when there's no more cooling for the fissioning nuclear fuel, it overheats, and the whole mass melts down into the earth, hits groundwater, and causes a steam explosion carrying radioactivity back into the atmosphere. This is why they have to keep cooling water flowing over the site. Encasing it all in concrete would, if anything, speed up the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #53
VLS Head Mod

I know this isn't a mainstream news article, so does anyone know " Chilliwack angler Chris Gadsden" to 100% back up this story

Canadian Pink Salmon Turning Yellow Inside and Out - Radiation Suspected | Alternative
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #54
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
there was a story on the straight back in 2011 people seem to think its disease from fish farms contaminating wild fish

iirc there was some news on this a few months ago too confirming disease spread (am unsure)

What the hell is turning pink salmon yellow in the Fraser River? | Georgia Straight, Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/708099937

and that article which seems to be filed under SPORTS writes about how its nothing new in fish (jaundice disease/leukemia)

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-05-2014 at 10:46 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #55
VLS Head Mod

^^ thanks. If the original article was published in oct 2011 the possibly it very well could be radiation, or it could be disease spread from other fishes. Regardless of the source, it's disheartening to see this happening
Posted via RS Mobile
your herald.net article is no longer there
Old 01-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #56

i guess you guys would trust david suzuki, as he usually actually looks out for nature.
so for those worried about the fish:
Despite Fukushima radiation, scientists say West Coast fish is safe -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Yes I design cars all day... and not to be original, but to create the best looking mid engine car. Here is a rehash of the corvette concept... worthy of going off topic
Sketch looks decent but it looks generic and uninspired. What school did you go to?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #58
Zombie Mod

Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdesign View Post
Sketch looks decent but it looks generic and uninspired. What school did you go to?

I's just poor shopping. Looks like he just used the clone tool and eraser. Original image here, from Chevrolet:
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #59
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
^^ thanks. If the original article was published in oct 2011 the possibly it very well could be radiation, or it could be disease spread from other fishes. Regardless of the source, it's disheartening to see this happening
Posted via RS Mobile
your herald.net article is no longer there
still there :/ dunno why its not showing for ye though :/

may just be because of the radiation since the jaundice in the fish stems from leukemia and leukemia is said to be the most common radiation induced cancer
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #60
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So what form of energy do your cars use?
Air and water.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #61
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I's just poor shopping. Looks like he just used the clone tool and eraser. Original image here, from Chevrolet:
From a psychological perspective this really explains a lot about CiC and his conspiracy theories. Clearly he's having some career/money/skill problems and isn't where he wants to be in life.

His conspiracy theories allow him to take some form of "control" in an otherwise hostile, unforgiving and challenging world. It's his religion. It's a way for him to feel less insecure.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #62
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
still there :/ dunno why its not showing for ye though :/

may just be because of the radiation since the jaundice in the fish stems from leukemia and leukemia is said to be the most common radiation induced cancer
it's showing now thanks it's only via mobile it doesn't show for some reason :/
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/708099937[/html] didn't say too much, reading one of the comments sounds like they're blaming fish farming:
Quote:
Yellow salmon have been associated with the salmon flu virus Infectious Salmon Anemia (ISA) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17169103
At the Inquiry last year in BC into the collapse of the Fraser Sockeye we heard a salmon farming company in Clayoquot Sound on the west coast of Vancouver Island is having trouble keeping its fish alive and they are turning yellow. DFO scientist, Dr. Miller detected the ISA virus in those fish, but her government does not believe her tests. I tested a 30 pound yellow chinook salmon that had died before spawning in the Fraser River and she tested positive for the ISA virus. ISA is an internationally reportable disease, two labs I am using are detecting it in the BC farm salmon I am testing from supermarkets and in wild salmon, but the Canadian government simply refuses to acknowledge it. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said if ISA is confirmed in BC it could close the border to farm salmon. If you want to send me photos or samples of yellow salmon please contact me at gorbuscha@gmail.com it would be good to figure out what this is. ISA virus is one of the most lethal salmon viruses known.
After reading this I realized I have a friend who runs a Natural Resources Department and has connections with DFO so I texted him to find out if he has any information on this, or if it's just something being blown outta proportion. Will report back later lol
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
His conspiracy theories allow him to take some form of "control" in an otherwise hostile, unforgiving and challenging world.
...or gives him what he thinks is a valid excuse for nothing working out the way he'd hoped.

Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #65

Don't let the Rockies hit your ass on the way out.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

China bans west coast seafood. Enjoy the cancer Soundy.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=china...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #67
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
I knew there was something twatty about that Caldicott broad.

Evidence Meltdown | George Monbiot

Good read about her usually unsourced and often questionable references for her books and arguments.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #68
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,632 Times in 5,340 Posts
China claiming that Washington's shellfish is tainted with arsenic and PSP have nothing to do with fuku fucking shima.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
China claiming that Washington's shellfish is tainted with arsenic and PSP have nothing to do with fuku fucking shima.
China is the LAST place on earth that should be accusing other places of selling chemical-tainted food...
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #70
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,632 Times in 5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
China is the LAST place on earth that should be accusing other places of selling chemical-tainted food...
Exactly, it's ridiculous. The US tested them all themselves, and they are all well within limits.

Even if it was a legit ban, it makes no sense to ban an entire region's product. There is definitely something to this ban other than arsenic poisoning or algae. (if it actually exists)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #71
Banned (ABWS)

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/343-203/9463-canada-fish-eaters-threatened-by-fukushima-radiation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
i guess you guys would trust david suzuki, as he usually actually looks out for nature.
so for those worried about the fish:
Despite Fukushima radiation, scientists say West Coast fish is safe -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #72
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,444 Times in 567 Posts
nuclear radiation hit bc, i live in china now & its wayyy worst here
Posted via RS Mobile
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #73

Just gonna leave this here...
David Suzuki Regrets Dire Fukushima Warning

Quote:
People pay attention to Suzuki because he has environmental cultural capital. He is not, as bad science debunking website Skeptoid.com points out, "your average Internet crank."

But, the site asserts, people have failed to recognize that Suzuki was speaking well outside his area of expertise. "He's a highly respected guru, internationally honored and venerated for his groundbreaking work – in genetics," the article states. "What he is NOT is a nuclear physicist."
Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #74
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Just gonna leave this here...
David Suzuki Regrets Dire Fukushima Warning
Beat me to it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #75
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Yes I design cars all day... and not to be original, but to create the best looking mid engine car. Here is a rehash of the corvette concept... worthy of going off topic
arash dat u?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: