REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
GM employee crashes customers ZL1, refuses to pay

Camaro5.com GM Employee crashes customer car on joyride full thread

OP's post
Spoiler!
Advertisement
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
and they wonder why the gov't needs to bail them out
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Shit man. I'd lawyer up as fast as i could
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

'murica
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
what the fuck....thats bullshit
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
that's bullshit for the owner, I'd get a lawyer right away especially if I had to sell a '69 Camaro SS
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Wow what a great read.

All I can say is FUCK that dealership and their half witted employee.

Hope the OP has his way with them.

I love stuff like this, because it shows the power of the automotive community.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Here was an update. Even more shit LOL

Spoiler!

Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #9

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
^ LOL just digging themselves in a deeper hole
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #10
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
The dealership could've got some good AND cheap advertising if the just fired the guy who stole it and bought the guy a new car.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Lawyer up, like yesterday.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #12
2 Wheelin' Mod

Hopefully Scott Settlemire (Fbodfather) gets involved and gets everything right.

He was really helpful on that forum when the 2010 Camaro first came out
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #13
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
well dealer says its not stolen cus it was not in the owners possession during the time of accident, so clearly the car must've been in the dealers possession so its their fault so they're liable for everything, id use that point as one of the points to argue with the dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #14
I am on the internets

i dont know how it is in usa, but here the car would under the garage policy of the dealer, they would simply claim it under their insurance. if they refuse, you sue for millions.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #15
10psi aint enough...

That totally sucks for the owner, as he keeps paying monthly bills for a car that doesnt exist.
Should at least fire the employee and offer a new car and apologize.

This story reminds me of a local shop that had their employee/sponsored car overnight and some trouble arised with break-ins overnight and next day the boss said not their responsibility to him. Employee had no way to compensate from employer...

Best of luck to the zl1 owner
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 AM   #16
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
It's been three weeks since an car dealership employee totaled Debbie and John Hooper's sports car. They're out a car and still making payments on it, and now they doubt the dealership will ever get them a limited-edition Camaro similar to the pristine collectible they once owned.

“We're not asking for a million dollars, we're really not,” said John Hooper of Long Neck, a published author on Camaros who says they are his passion.

In November, John and his wife Debbie took their 2012 Camaro ZL1 to First State Chevrolet of Georgetown to fix an ongoing paint problem. That was the last time they would ever drive the car.

On Dec. 16, the dealership called to inform them a joy-riding employee had taken the sports car out for a spin Dec. 15 and crashed it on Zoar Road.

Now, the Hoopers said, they are just trying to get a car comparable to the brand new vehicle they purchased in 2012 and had meticulously cared for.

“The fact of the matter is we bought the car as a collectible car,” Debbie said. “It was going to go to our granddaughter, and it may have even paid for a year of college.”

Two Camaros the dealership offered as replacements are not comparable to what they lost, John said.

The latest was the same year and model but had 3,000 miles more, and it's wheels were less expensive than those on the original car. Even with a $4,000 cash offering, he said, it didn't compare with what they lost. Then Debbie found out from a Camaro website that the car had previously had two different owners and had been involved in an accident. They definitely weren't interested after that, she said.

First State salesman Chuck Ricker said he's tried to find a car to replace the one totaled by the dealership employee.

“It's a terrible tragedy, and they should be put back where they were,” he said.

Following the crash that totaled the Hoopers' car, Delaware State Police charged Eric Peterson, 42, of Georgetown with careless driving and failure to have insurance identification in possession. Debbie Hooper said police told her that she could not file theft or any other criminal charges against Peterson because the car was in the dealership's possession at the time of the accident.

Bob Hansen, co-owner of First State Chevrolet, said Peterson also would be charged with unauthorized use. A magistrate judge told Hansen that Peterson could not be charged with theft because he was a dealership employee with a key, Hansen said. Peterson no longer works at the dealership, he said.

“He's going to be charged with as much as we could charge him with,” Hansen said.

In 2012, Hansen said the Hoopers bought the brand new, limited-edition vehicle from First State for about $56,000. At the time of the accident, he said, the vehicle had about 10,000 miles on it.

Hansen said he feels confident that there are models with comparable mileage available to replace the Hoopers' car, and he wants to help them find a replacement.

“But if they want to go up to a brand new 2014, it's going to cost them something,” he said. “They're not going to get a brand new car.”

After determining the Camaro was totaled, the Hooper's Geico adjuster estimated the car was worth $44,176 – a much lower price than the nearly $60,000 the couple paid.

Hansen said he has liability insurance, but would not comment on whether that would cover any of the expenses incurred when the Hoopers' car was in the dealership's care.

“I have no further comment,” he said. “We're still negotiating.

In the meantime, Debbie Hooper said they continue to make payments on a vehicle they will never drive again.

She said they met with an attorney this week, but was told they are entitled to no pain and suffering, lawyer or court costs.

“It's going to end up costing us more money if we go forward with the attorney,” she said.

The Hoopers said they have been driving a loaner car from First State with a cracked windshield since their car went in for the paint problem. While they said they appreciate the loaner vehicle, they would rather have their old car back.

“We're losing sleep over this, time off for work and this still isn't resolved,” John Hooper said. “This is so ethically and morally wrong it isn't funny.”
No deal yet over wrecked Camaro - By Melissa Steele - CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA
Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #17
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
Quote:
Hansen said he feels confident that there are models with comparable mileage available to replace the Hoopers' car, and he wants to help them find a replacement.

“But if they want to go up to a brand new 2014, it's going to cost them something,” he said. “They're not going to get a brand new car.”
Fuck that shit dealership. They'll be paying for a brand new 2014. They just don't realize it, yet.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #18
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
Now, the Hoopers said, they are just trying to get a car comparable to the brand new vehicle they purchased in 2012 and had meticulously cared for.

“The fact of the matter is we bought the car as a collectible car,” Debbie said. “It was going to go to our granddaughter, and it may have even paid for a year of college.”

Two Camaros the dealership offered as replacements are not comparable to what they lost, John said.

First State salesman Chuck Ricker said he's tried to find a car to replace the one totaled by the dealership employee.

In 2012, Hansen said the Hoopers bought the brand new, limited-edition vehicle from First State for about $56,000. At the time of the accident, he said, the vehicle had about 10,000 miles on it.

After determining the Camaro was totaled, the Hooper's Geico adjuster estimated the car was worth $44,176 – a much lower price than the nearly $60,000 the couple paid.
Tried to snip out some of the important parts of the article.

This owners are delusional if they think that car was going to be collectible that would be for their grandaughters education..

It's unclear from the article, but the dealership (or their insurance), owes them the value of the car ($44k), nothing more.. it sounds like the owners are now just dragging the dealer through the mud making them find them a new car as well, and rejecting whatever they bring up.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I don't understand though, why the victim is:

A) Still paying monthly fee's for a car that is written off. (He a moron?)

B) Why his attorney has let him continue contact with the dealership?

The only contact I'd have with the dealership, is throwing stones through every window of the building and every car on the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
It's unclear from the article, but the dealership (or their insurance), owes them the value of the car ($44k), nothing more.. it sounds like the owners are now just dragging the dealer through the mud making them find them a new car as well, and rejecting whatever they bring up.
I wouldn't except anything other then a duplicate of the car I had owned either.. I'd drag them through prickle bushes if they tried to SELL me a car with no information, higher mileage, and lots of things I don't want and need to eventually pay money to replace.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I'd imagine they are still paying for the car as they have not yet settled the insurance claim. Until the claim is paid out they are responsible for the financial contract. I'm also guessing that the dealership doesn't want this accident to hit their fleet/garage policy as their premiums will increase(garage policies as hella EXPENSIVE).

The owner will need to negotiate harder with Geico to try and increase their payout amount. Once that amount is reached the dealership should offer the difference to at least pay off their contract. At least then the couple is not making payments on a car they is totaled. Once that is settled the couple can continue to search for a new ZL1(not through the original cunty stealership though) that meets their expectations.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #21
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

wtf is wrong with people.....
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #22
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
I don't understand though, why the victim is:

A) Still paying monthly fee's for a car that is written off. (He a moron?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
I'd imagine they are still paying for the car as they have not yet settled the insurance claim. Until the claim is paid out they are responsible for the financial contract.
Bingo. They are responsible for that loan until it is paid off - period, regardless of whether the car is drivable or not. If and when the car is written off and the claim is closed, the insurance company forwards a cheque to the finance company and pays it off, payments go away.

Everybody who is talking tough about the dealership owing them a brand new 2014 would be in for a crash course in the law when it came time to settle your claim. The purpose of insurance is to return you to the state you were in, as best as is possible - not to upgrade you. If your car is a 2012, your insurance is paying for you to get another 2012, like it or not. If your car is new (or has new car replacement), you are paying for an upgrade to a new model despite your car not being.

TLDR:

The dealership owes them a comparable condition 2012. I don't expect that the guy is obligated to take an accident car or something like that, that's not fair, but to say he should get a brand new one since he took better care of his car than the average one is simply not relevant and no different than ICBC telling you to go get bent when you tell them to buy you a brand new 2014 BMW because nobody could have possibly treated a 2012 as well as you did.

Mark
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #23

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post

Everybody who is talking tough about the dealership owing them a brand new 2014 would be in for a crash course in the law when it came time to settle your claim. The purpose of insurance is to return you to the state you were in, as best as is possible - not to upgrade you. If your car is a 2012, your insurance is paying for you to get another 2012, like it or not. If your car is new (or has new car replacement), you are paying for an upgrade to a new model despite your car not being.

TLDR:

The dealership owes them a comparable condition 2012. I don't expect that the guy is obligated to take an accident car or something like that, that's not fair, but to say he should get a brand new one since he took better care of his car than the average one is simply not relevant and no different than ICBC telling you to go get bent when you tell them to buy you a brand new 2014 BMW because nobody could have possibly treated a 2012 as well as you did.

Mark
While the dealership/insurance might not be financially obligated to upgrade them to a new 2014, the $15,000 difference is going to seem like pittance compared to the negative publicity the dealership is getting and loss of future sales.

Who is going to want to buy cars or service cars at a dealership that hires people who take unauthorized joyrides and total customers' cars?

If the dealership knew what's good for them, they'd just buck up, take the hit, and look like good guys in the eyes of the public.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
They shouldn't be dealing with the dealership, they should be talking to coporate IMO.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #25
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Just following through that thread,
OP is mentioning that the GM of the dealer is offering him another used ZL1 but with 34% more mileage, multiple owners and accident history (as opposed to his bran new ZL1 that was written off). On top of that he is mentioning that he still has to pay for all sorts of fees and gas guzzler tax?
I would probably go insane lol
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote