REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   93 civic no start (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692022-93-civic-no-start.html)

Hypermax 01-16-2014 04:13 PM

93 civic no start

sry if this thread is a bit confusing and thank you mutch for taking the time to read it i hope someone knows whats goin on with this pos

so its a 93 civic dx and the car ran great and drove it for almost a year, then took it off the road sat for couple months went to start it up and nothing like it was starving for fuel or no spark, so i got new cap rotor wires and plugs, cause it was time and then check for spark and their nice blue spark on all 4, even tested the coil and the igniter switch all tested ok. so then i checked for fuel and their fuel goin to the fuel rail and the pump primes like it should,so i put a new fuel filter in to be safe, still nothing so then i switch over my map sensor and main relay from my other 92 civic cx witch runs great, but still no start, then i check the fuel injectors with the ohms reader and they where all about the same number, so i let the pos sit for another month, and yesterday i started up my other civic cx and let i warm up like i do every month and decided to try the main relay in the 93 and away she went like it use too, so that was good let it run for couple hours drove it arround the yard shut it off and started it back up couple times no problems until the next morning

i went out side and decided to try and start it again and nothing, so i though maybe its the main relay acting up went over to my other civic tried them both and they both started up the 92 civic cx, went back to the 93 and tried both of the relays and the damn thing wont start, looked in the cap and it was dry and no oil in it, all the fuses check ok, but now not getting spark to plugs

nabs 01-16-2014 05:04 PM

Wow... use some sort of proper punctuation then try again. I got frustrated after the first line.

Good luck with the fix.

LC21 01-16-2014 06:39 PM

holy esl much.

Gazorcoop 01-16-2014 08:15 PM

- 93 Civic DX that sat for a couple of months. Doesn't start.
- New cap rotor wires/spark plugs/fuel filter. "nice blue spark".
- Coil/ignition switch/fuel rail tested and was OK.
- Fuel injectors read approximately same ohms
- Switched over MAP sensor/main relay from '92 Civic CX (running). Did not work.

- One month later, tried switching over MAP sensor/main relay again. Worked.
- Ran for a couple of hours and started it a few more times. No problems.
- Next morning does not start. Fuses OK and oil cap is dry. No spark to plugs.

why the fuck do i do this.

fliptuner 01-17-2014 06:29 PM

k20a 02-13-2014 05:24 PM

What's the battery voltage at before cranking, and what does it drop to when you're cranking?