REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Will i lose my liscence?

I currently have my "N" liscence and got a speeding ticket last march or so, got a letter of probation in the mail later. And early september of this year got a ticket for over passenger and not having my n sign on (officer gave me a break and crossed off the one of them). My name was spelled wrong on the ticket, and the registered owner of the vehicle was wrong (driving my dads car, my name is on the ticket as owner of vehicle). I disputed the ticket, and have a court date for the 29th of april. I can go for my full liscence on the 22n.d. My question is, if i can get my full liscence, am i in the clear? Also what are the chances the ticket will be quashed? thanks

Sparknotes: have 3 points on my "N", disputed a second 3 point ticket. What are my chances of losting my liscence?
Advertisement
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
50/50 chance? Sometimes the cop won't show up and you automatically win the dispute. Even if he did show up. Just ask for a lower fine.
Posted via RS Mobile
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Depends how long your probation is. If your probation ends with your exit from the GLP you probably won't lose it.

The ticket will probably stick if the officer shows, however there is a chance that he won't.
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

why not follow driving regulations instead of worrying of tickets and paying government money?
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,869 Posts
^^ what are you, some kind of crazy person?
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
why must there always be a "white knight"

so fcking annoying

get your class 5 and you should be in the clear.. as far as point go there is a time limit, having your class 5 would help im sure but its at the discretion of the superintendent of motor vehicles at that point.

now that its disputed you can hope the officer dosnt show, the ticket gets thrown out because legal documents have to be accurate or hope that the officer will reduce/eliminate if you plea guilty

as goes for your probabtion there is a timelimit
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
As far as what ICBC has told me (because I was in the same position prior to getting my Class 5), your probation ends with you leaving the GLP and getting your full license. So no, you will not get suspended.

That said, the OSMV can technically suspend anyone's license for any reason as it is not part of the judicial process...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

one ticket was for going ten over, and the other i took my girlfriend and her friend for coffee. Im actually a very cautious driver and obey the rules. As far as probation period, im not sure when it ends.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Update: probation was issues june 26th, 2013 and is in effect until im out of the GLP. thanks for the replies. Im gonna be sweating during that full liscence test though!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #10
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
one ticket was for [I]going ten[/I] over (speeding), and the other i took my girlfriend and her friend(drive contrary to restrictions) for coffee. Im actually a very cautious driver and obey the rules. As far as probation period, im not sure when it ends.
So you got the tickets for.................??????????????????
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Update: probation was issues june 26th, 2013 and is in effect until im out of the GLP. thanks for the replies. Im gonna be sweating during that full liscence test though!
if you for some reason fail the test you can go in the next day and wait in the morning for cancellations.. thats how i got my N and Class 5.. didnt wanna wait months for the scheduled test and just went on my earliest exam date

you would be surprised how many people no show.. turn up without a safe vehicle to drive or get turned away for other reasons
Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Don't you have to wait 2 weeks if you fail before re taking a test? I had to wait 2 weeks when I failed my N luckily there was a spot that opened for exactly 2 weeks later, it could be different for class 5 i'm not sure as I passed mine first time just recently it was really easy i'm sure you'll pass as long as you're a half decent driver
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Yeah you have to wait two weeks to schedule, snails is saying that you can see if anyone no shows or something and get lucky and take their spot. I hear the class 5 is easier that the N test?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #14

class 5 was very easy for me, its essentially the N test again but no parking.. they will take you down a school/constuction zone and put you in a situation that makes you merge.. my test was maybe 15 minutes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

No Parking? haha this is going to be a breeze then!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #16
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
I took mine just a few weeks ago, we only reverse parked no parallel.

we just went around abbotsford for probably 10-15 minutes got onto hwy 1 for like 2 minutes cause it it was pouring rain and you could barely see in front of you, than went back to the ICBC branch and reverse parked

remember your hand signals I completely forgot and had to guess I think I was like 1 for 3 other than that it was really easy
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #17

^ they make you reverse park if you pass.. pull in forward if you failed i was told this by the tester
Old 01-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #18

you got your trial date pretty fast.

Hope ya pass class 5, it's no parking as others have already stated. It's easier than the class 7.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
^ they make you reverse park if you pass.. pull in forward if you failed i was told this by the tester
Its inaccurate, maybe that particular tester does that or a vast majority do this, but I was passed after she told me to just pull in forwards...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Tester told me to pull in and I was certain at that point I failed. Surprisingly I passed and I asked the instructor about that "myth" and he just wanted to get my test over so he could start his lunch break lol.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #21
RS controls my life!

why you gotta waste everyone's time. You violated those driving infractions and you want to dispute it? Better prepare a good speech with evidence as to why you should be found not guilty. The cops I've dealt with, always show up and 99% of the time will win with their evidence.

One time, I wasn't sure if I was going 80 or 90kph at the southbound end of knight street, cop showed me video of me speeding past him in the rain, I was just like, fuck...

If you are planning to dispute and hope that they won't show, its not gonna happen. You're gonna make yourself look like a fool in front of everyone. People always seem to show up to court and think they have a good argument against the officers and all they can mutter out is less than ten words...
Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #22
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Find a good driving school and take a practise test, it's what I did. Lots of little "bad habits" that lots of people do, i.e., driving with one hand, mirror check on empty streets instead of shoulder check, point wheels to left when waiting to turn left at intersection, not stopping to turn right at a red light, etc... will ruin you. The instructor will more or less show you the route and tell you what you are doing wrong. Good luck !
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #24

I have done what you are doing. Disputed my ticket until after I got my class 5. It worked, and they did not care. When a ticket is disputed it is not attached to your license. Provided you actually pass your roadtest you should not have any problem.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #25

Keep in mind too... even if you pay the ticket (after your class 5 is passed) it's not like they will go suspend your lic. It takes a lot more than two tickets to get a license suspended when you have your *5. I've racked up a ton in my previous, stupider years and never got so much as a warning letter with 5-6+ tickets.

TLDR/ Go get your class 5 on the 22nd, pay your ticket AFTER that and you're in the clear.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote