REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Changes at Autowerkes

Hey guys. Just a quick note to let you know of some changes we will be making this year.

1. For BC residents, all online orders over $100 before taxes will qualify for free shipping using the discount code BC10. The rest of the world will stay at $150. This will take effect on Feb 1.

2. If you come into the store to purchase and spend over $100 before taxes, you'll get 10% off in lieu of free shipping.

3. You can now follow us on Facebook ( yes, I'm a little late to the party ) and Instagram (autowerkes_exclusive ).

4. Watch for a new website in the next month or so. The site will be geared mostly towards our detailing services with a tab to click through to the store.

5. We will be offering Paint Protection Film this year. Terence and I went to Xpels headquarters in Calgary for training back in November and have been doing some work to hone our skills. We will be offering Xpel Ultimate film only. We decided on this as the clarity is much better than the other films we looked at and includes a 10 year warranty vs 3Ms 5. Right now we are offering 20% off to anyone who wants to get their car done while we are still getting comfortable with installing the film.

6. Courtesy cars. Coming out from Vancouver or Richmond can be a giant hassle so we will be setting up a program for courtesy cars. Right now, we are using Enterprise just up the street from us. An econobox can be rented for $30 / day. If your bill with us is over $395 before taxes, we will cover the cost of the rental for you for each FULL DAY we have your car. If it's under $395 before taxes, we will cover half of it for you. I hope this makes it easier for you guys as I know getting a ride can be a pain.

7. Retail items. With places like Auto Obsessed, Autogeek and eShine carrying over 1000 items, we tend to get left behind because of our relatively small selection. Please keep in mind that we actually test ALL the products we sell BEFORE we put them on the shelf to ensure that they will work for you as they should which also means that if you have a question, you can get in touch with me a get an answer based on actual experience. We don't carry any crap. We will be bringing in some new items this year from companies like 3D/HD and a few others. If there are certain items you use on a regular basis and don't see in our store, feel free to ask. As well, we do have access to most products out there, so can usually get something in for you as well. We will be sticking to the Saturday only for walk in retail for now as the shop hasn't slowed down Monday to Friday. You are more than welcome to call during the week and if I'm able to accommodate you, I will.

We appreciate all the business you guys have brought us over the last 5 years and will continue in our efforts to earn your support.

Ken
Advertisement

Last edited by 911fanatic; 01-27-2014 at 11:04 PM.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

glad to see this Ken, getting competitive and expanding!
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
glad to see this Ken, getting competitive and expanding!
Problem is that unless you have deep pockets and can buy huge quantities, there really isn't any margin in this stuff. Autogeek gets their shipments in 40' trailers. MIne aren't quite so big, LOL. By the time you ship it, pay duties, the exchange rate a small shop like mine could make as little as 20% on some of this stuff. If we were selling $400 machines all day at 20% it would be ok but to do all the work getting stuff here and make such a small margin borders on insane. I enjoy playing with new stuff as much as anyone so I'll keep testing and making the better products available.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

Ken,

what is the link to the facebook page?

some great looking pics on the instagram, just browsed through them all...
m_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Nice Ken!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autow...83083951715496
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
can't wait to see your new website!

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

Hi Ken

Waiting to see if you are going to have any spring time specials. Need paint correction on my front hood.(thanks WestWood Honda)
Gsxrghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #8

Hey guys. Having an issue with having free shipping on $100 for BC residents as we already have free shipping on $150. Shopping cart won't allow both so I've set it up to give you 10% off when you hit $100.