REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Kauai, Hawaii

Has anyone ever been?

Will be going for my first time to Hawaii and that particular island. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do/see/eat?

Will be staying in the northern part of the island but willing to go anywhere!
Advertisement
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Just got back before christmas, such an awesome place. Amazing surfing at Hanalei Bay, definitely head to poipu beach. Waimea Canyon was great, Napali coast hike was beautiful Kalalau Trail - Hike, Kauai, Hawaii. Also get a puka dog, best hot dog i have ever had! Puka Dog - Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs Kauai
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

You're going to be blown away, trust me on that. I would highly recommend getting a jeep rental and exploring the place via that. It's a popular thing to do there.
20psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
It being your first time, what helped you make the decision to stay in Kauai as opposed to Maui?
I'm guessing Oahu is too city-life?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,374 Times in 1,227 Posts
Shell out for a helicopter tour of the island. Totally worth the splurge.

This is what you'll see

p.s. they filmed the 1st Jurassic Park movie in Kauai.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Went there last year. Chose it over other islands for the peace and quiet. Its a pretty small place you can drive pretty much all away around in about a hour or so. Lots to do and you'll probably bump into the same people a bunch of times which happened to me.

You could rent a helicopter like above or go on one of the ship cruises that gives you a tour of that side of the island.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote