REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Alleged murder over an accidental photobomb (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692357-alleged-murder-over-accidental-photobomb.html)

m3thods 01-28-2014 03:52 PM

Alleged murder over an accidental photobomb

Just came across this on my RSS feeds. I can't fathom what kind of state someone (or in this case, a group of people) has to be in order to go ahead and beat someone up to within an inch of their life for something as trivial as accidentally walking into a photo. I watched a CNN piece on how the victim's family isn't cooperating with police due to "mistrust" :fulloffuck:

Quote:

A Southern California woman faces a murder charge in the fatal beating of a woman outside a Santa Ana night club last weekend.

Vanessa Tapia Zavala, 25, is one of five people who allegedly attacked 23-year-old Annie Hung “Kim” Pham outside of the Crosby Bar and Nightclub early Saturday.

A friend of the victim's told the L.A. Times that the altercation began after Pham accidentally photobombed a group of Zavala's friends.

UPDATE: Jan. 25 -- A second woman has been arrested in the beating death of Kim Pham, according to the Associated Press.

The fight was recorded on cell phone video, which police then reviewed, according to the newspaper.

"Two or three of the female suspects knocked her to the ground, were physically assaulting her and kicking her, and they fled the scene," Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna said, according to KABC.

Pham, who was unconscious when police arrived, died from her injuries Tuesday after being taken off life support.

Zavala was arrested Monday. She appeared in court Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to murder, according to KCBS. Her attorney, Kenneth Reed, said his client is horrified by the violence.

“Your day is fine, your life is fine, you have a 5-year-old son, you go out one night on a Friday with your boyfriend and then your life is turned upside down and you find out someone is killed,” Reed said. “No matter what the situation is, you’re going to be devastated.”

Police are still searching for four other suspects in the beating death, including two women and two men. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the other suspects.

Santa Ana Police described the suspects as Hispanic, aged 20 to 25, according to KABC.

Pham, a recent graduate of Chapman University's psychology program, was remembered by family as having a big heart and a sunny personality.

"She had so much to give back, so much to experience," her uncle, Erik Doan, told the L.A. Times. "And it was cut so short."
Vanessa Tapia Zavala Charged With Murder After Allegedly Killing Kim Pham Over Photobomb

SB7 01-28-2014 04:22 PM

What a retarded reason to kill someone over. RIP, hope justice is served and the individuals responsible are caught and punished.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gazorcoop 01-28-2014 04:29 PM

This breaks my heart and wonder what this world is coming to. I have nothing left to say as I am in awe and disgusted towards people like this.

bicboi 01-28-2014 04:41 PM

The victim was mad cute too. Such a shame. RIP

Drow 01-28-2014 04:54 PM

yea dude she was hbb

Peturbo 01-28-2014 05:57 PM

Some more info from youtubers that knew the victim. Skip to 4:25

multicartual 01-28-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazorcoop (Post 8407400)
This breaks my heart and wonder what this world is coming to. I have nothing left to say as I am in awe and disgusted towards people like this.

Just par for the course in today's world, don't let it bug you

subordinate 01-28-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peturbo (Post 8407443)

Some more info from youtubers that knew the victim. Skip to 4:25

you watch this shit? It seems like they barely knew her and felt like mentioning it just for the sake of it.

Anyways, killed for photo bombing..damn. That's crazy.

Jegz 01-28-2014 07:52 PM

Fucking shits. The victim was a writer and contributor to Elitedaily. Its sad to head this kind of news.

zilley 01-28-2014 08:04 PM

3 women and 2 men?
MEN?!
what FUCKING pussies.

AzNightmare 01-28-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8407471)
you watch this shit? It seems like they barely knew her and felt like mentioning it just for the sake of it.

How so? These guys talk about all sort of current events so it's not surprising to mention about it. Two of them knew her in real life, and was acquainted as well. Not that close, but not a random stranger. That's beside the point though, cause they talk about current news in general, like the Bieber thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8407513)
3 women and 2 men?
MEN?!
what FUCKING pussies.

In that video, the guy said the 2 men were fighting other guys in the group. So it was just a bunch of girls that jumped that one girl. At least that's what the guy said.

Phil@rise 01-28-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8407469)

Really a pointless death needn't bother anyone?!
What if it was yours? Or someone close to you? Pointless murder should bother everyone otherwise what keeps people from causing or partaking in it?

m3thods 01-28-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8407556)
Really a pointless death needn't bother anyone?!
What if it was yours? Or someone close to you? Pointless murder should bother everyone otherwise what keeps people from causing or partaking in it?

Preach. There's absolutely no reason to become desensitized to random shit like this.

jaemc 01-29-2014 07:35 AM

Some people really need to comme des fuck down.

asahai69 01-29-2014 08:00 AM

these disgusting animals belong in a zoo

melloman 01-29-2014 08:28 AM

Hope they get 25 to life for this.

Killing someone over a picture.. :fulloffuck:

BBMme 01-29-2014 09:33 AM

Rip
Posted via RS Mobile

MelonBoy 01-29-2014 03:19 PM

I wonder what her friends were doing at that time.. It says she was waiting in line with her friends..??

nabs 01-29-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelonBoy (Post 8407922)
I wonder what her friends were doing at that time.. It says she was waiting in line with her friends..??

Honestly if you think about it, the girls that were with her must have been small asian girls as well. (No offense). Which is why nothing was done by them, they could have been scared to jump in.

Really sad story, people need to calm the fuck down nowadays. It's just as easy to wait two seconds for her to pass and take another picture. Before doing something stupid everyone just needs to take two seconds to think, and it will help them make right decisions. Scum of the earth.

RIP

PiuYi 01-29-2014 06:37 PM

RIP

hopefully the law will serve justice and there won't be any retribution... it would be terrible if the victim's friends took matters into their own hands and more violence comes from this

underscore 01-30-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

People like you are almost as bad as the sacks of shit who did this. If you think beating someone to death over a fucking picture is normal then you really need to get your head examined. How would you feel if this was one of your friends or family members but nobody gave a shit because "it's just par for the course"?

MarkyMark 01-30-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8408369)
People like you are almost as bad as the sacks of shit who did this. If you think beating someone to death over a fucking picture is normal then you really need to get your head examined. How would you feel if this was one of your friends or family members but nobody gave a shit because "it's just par for the course"?

While it's definitely disturbing, it doesn't make it shocking. In a world where someone gets shot for texting during a movie it almost makes you just sit back go "ok what's next?"

Obviously if it happened to a family member it hits closer to home but being numb to this kind of news now doesn't "almost" make you as bad as the person who killed someone.
Posted via RS Mobile

knight604 01-30-2014 12:22 PM

I dont know if anyone has said this but... the people filming are just as bad as the people doing the actual attack.

pinn3r 01-30-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

that blithe mentality will get us nowhere

m3thods 01-30-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight604 (Post 8408483)
I dont know if anyone has said this but... the people filming are just as bad as the people doing the actual attack.

I used to think along those lines. But especially in the US, you can't just jump in as a good samaritan and break things up thinking you won't get hurt.

What if there's a weapon on one of the aggressors? Given that they already are partaking in a beating over something so senseless, you can't guage where their mindsets are at enough to make that kind of life-altering decision.

In this case (not all cases), it would be beneficial to have some form of video evidence. If no one had taken the video, it would be a "he said-she said" sort of scenerio.